Character Mod Texture Question

So this might be a silly question but I'm planning on making a character mod and drew up a quick concept of it, however I realized the textures weren't quite possible with the original player model. Here's the concept art:

OIWfP4x.png

The problem is with the outlined cloak section behind him. If I were to add this to the body part of the model it would go over his arms/hands and if I were to put it on the arm parts that would be a lot more complicated and would end up looking quite messy and awkward during animations. 

Is there any way to have this cape be part of his body section yet behind his arms? Would this require me to make a new body part, and if so how would I go about this?

Try to use the hairpigtails layer for that, it won't look properly with all of the anims, but it's the best you can get.

Creating a new 'body part' is not as easy as it sounds, so you should rather focus on a way to make it work with existing ones.

Archived