On 6/22/2016 at 7:08 PM, Bebbit said:

eyy.png

SLEEP ISN'T GOOD SLEEP IS BAD I WON'T SLEEP SLEEP KILLS SOMEONE EVERY MINUTE SLEEP IS EVIL I WILL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN

20160625p2-Anti sleeping madness mantra.png

I've... Might've gone a little crazy with this reply piece. Just had way too fun misconstruing the mental state of sleep avoidance. Poor Wilson though. I know I've had days like those.

On 6/23/2016 at 7:36 AM, DragonMage156 said:

I prefer Willowbert.

willowbert.png

First thing that came into my mind and I feel silly and horrible for it. Yet I still had fun.

wickerbottoms wake and sleep status.png

Wanted to do this particular piece a while now and I've finally got to it. I usually keep Wickerbottom's eyes closed in my work due to me keeping a close watch to the wiki(I try to avoid any game footage, except for the ending due to me wanting to enjoy the game when I finally get to play it). Personally I think I'd prefer just drawing her eyes closed since her wide eyes really startle me(though I think those were the dev's intention) though she does have the beady eyes too in some pictures I've seen.

fear ds lanyard.png

Another bust piece, this time with my favorite Inside Out character. Decided to mess with the background and have some color as well due to color schemes and whatnot. Gives the piece a stand out touch.

Wilson does a klein betrayal'.png

Some of the things Ethan Klein said in his latest Ethan and Hila video seemed very Don't Starve-ish to me so I put Wilson and Willow in the couple's bathing outfits and basically made Wilson in/out-of character(?).

Spoiler

20160625p1-Wilson going through a quick grieving process.png

Wanted to do a Wilson comic based around the Five stages of Grief. Due to me being a stupid optimist, I'd probably get over my own misfortune this quickly. The second panel made my father comment I should do a sequel to that panel where he turns around to see Charlie Brown and Lucy with a football... My father's horrible.

20160624-Sleeping on the job.png
Finally, here's a piece of Wilson sleeping or goofing off(you make the call). I love that shot of Wilson approaching his Attic window.  Though I added color to my drawing. My father's confused by the crucified Skeleton in Wilson's lab... I am too. Though I'm drawing it in anyways.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, TheBlob said:

I love the way you draw expressions! :D

Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 10.27.05 PM.png

Not sure if I scanned this but to make up for no scanned art, here's my first drawings before I worked on that Pines Twins crossover to get a good feel of the design. As for expressions, I got several sketchbooks filled with just faces alone. It really helps me out especially with faces that strike me as interesting. I highly recommend 8fish's "making faces" if you'd like some out of the box techniques for getting stand out faces.

I'll be posting more art tomorrow but today I was busy inking and drawing stuff with my father at Taco bell for a tri-weekly resturant comic writing sessions. Kinda like how Paul Dini and Bruce Timm discuss how to do episodes at fast food joints. The lack of a tv and the conversations is great brainfood than sticking online all the time.

• Like 3

20160627p2-Apophenia art thread header.png

This piece will be the new revamp of this thread so I'll be fixing the first post and my sig after I finish this post. As for what you can call me, I don't mind if you call me Minespatch or Ariel, but I used Ariel in this image for the illiteration. So... Hopefully no confusion.

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 11.46.03 PM.png

@DarithD

a ariel milk trap.png

I'm a milkoholic so I'm shocked you found out my weakness. Milk goes great with Chai tea so yeah. Thanks bud for taking interest. :wilson_goodjob:

On 6/24/2016 at 0:40 AM, mewthemew said:

so! Instead have a picture of Donut accidentally punching Ivy.

HNI_0055.JPG

donut makes a mistake.png

I threw in a Mandrake to give Donut the proper sound effect he's feeling right now. Poor babies.

Here's a huge tribute dump to @Quoth143:

On 2/13/2016 at 2:29 PM, Quoth143 said:

Willow's Valentine.png

Woodie helped with the dress. 

• Willow adjusted by woodie.png
  • Decided to illustrate with how Woodie assisted. Lucy acting as Woodie's cheerleader in a way.
  • higgsbury grandparents.png
  • The Higgsbury grandparents. Noticed that piece Quoth did where Charlie is talking to the grandmother and felt like drawing both grandparents. Though I wonder if Albert's high on Birchbutter right now.
  • seigfried and jack take a break.png
  • Seigfried and Jack take a break from their opposing ideologies(if they have them).

abigail from a taco bell receipt.png

Saw this ghost icon on a Taco bell receipt and filled in the details to get a Abigail.

maxwell listens to skits 50 shades recital.png

I actually requested @inhumanrobot a while back to do a parody of The Flymuke's "Jafar tries to read" with Maxwell and Mr Skits taking Jafar and Iago's places but I'm perfectly fine with what the artist came up with. Though despite me hesitant working on the piece, I finally got it done. I just wanted to take one of the most silliest quotes that I could find from a online "50 shades of grey silliest quotes" page and found something that strangely fits Don't Starve. Somehow I made Mr. Skits a bit for the theatrical against Maxwell's better judgement.

Spoiler

wilson quoting zim unintentionally.png

Youtube channel Roundtable did a review of Invader Zim the other day. This particular line just reminded me of Wilson that I had to do this. Poor guy being assaulted by his own hubris again. Then I threw in Wes for the sake of the absurdity of Wilson telling a mime to not interrupt him.

Spoiler

lanyard 5.png

More lanyard badge art with Wes this time. What frustrates with me is that I tend to put a lot of detail into my work, but with these, I have to learn how to simplify it. So the challenge is relearning myself.

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 11.37.47 PM.png

Found the image where I had the original Wilson sketch complete before I cut it up. It was on my phone, so yeah.

On 6/14/2016 at 9:04 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

Response 2.jpeg
I hath discovered @minespatch's hooman form and decided to bring it up in my reply (since we're in the midst of a reply war, i think???)

20160627p1-Is this really ariel.png

Finally a redraw of the photo my buddy Toki drew. I wanted to emulate some of the reddish overlays in some of the official art. I reused the "poking da @Bebbit" piece to slap something in the background since originally I just had the hand holding the photo and nothing else.

• Like 7

GAH that dump was so huge I couldn't figure out how to quote just your version of Donut and Ivy :p Just pretend  this is a quote. Thank you!

We need more merps. Hundreds. thousands, even! Or maybe just the one, and the two creature-men can keep the lil guy as a pet or something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

GAH that dump was so huge I couldn't figure out how to quote just your version of Donut and Ivy :p Just pretend  this is a quote. Thank you!

We need more merps. Hundreds. thousands, even! Or maybe just the one, and the two creature-men can keep the lil guy as a pet or something.

You got it, coming right up after I recover from my sleep needed collapse.

arielgoesayyy.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

The first image is broken for me. The others are pretty good though :)

20160627p2-Apophenia art thread header.png

Here ya go. Image has been screwy for me for some reason, especially when working on the Signature.

14 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

These look awesome! :D

The Jack and Seigfried piece was on my list for a while while the other two were sporadic. Just had to get these jotted down since I felt inspired.

• Like 3

On 6/27/2016 at 6:48 AM, Mobbstar said:

Isn't willow a bit too young to be a hoe?

I take my puns seriously.png

I need to be put in @toki-wartoothxx's box of shame for how horrible I am. My puns are srs bsns. kek.

On 6/28/2016 at 1:51 AM, mewthemew said:

donut apologizes to ivy.png

After a short misadventure, Donut apologized to Ivy. Presenting a token of affection with a merping manderp. Besides getting more carrots to show process in getting a better diet.

On 6/26/2016 at 6:01 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:
On 6/26/2016 at 3:35 AM, minespatch said:

Bob needs to give his Johnny a snuggle so Johnny's face can get bluer with bashfulness.

a blushing babu part 2.png

bob lunges into johnny.png

Bob does a anime lunge into Johnny due to them being womantic dorks. They've been through a lot so they need this short reprieve from the stress life gives them.

On 6/27/2016 at 6:17 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

I got a new friend :)

sure cool.jpeg

tokis coola new.png

Then you have a skeledork friend like me taking words into apophonic puns. Because a dense and horrible like that. Sorry @MenaAthena. |D.png

On 6/26/2016 at 8:05 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

But in the meantime, here's the reply art for @minespatch.

Response 3.jpeg

Ariel goes exercising.png

Look at me missing the point. Though me and @toki-wartoothxx make a good duo. Hey look, the hatbirds have hatched.

On 6/24/2016 at 10:39 AM, Bebbit said:

@TheBlob DID I DO IT RIGHT?

anime.png

wilsonneedslifealert.jpg

He couldn't even reach the phone.

Spoiler

ariel goes heyo.png

Going to draw my own emoticons instead of ripping the images from Facebook. I love skelly stickers, but it's better to express myself than use another item to do so.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 7

The mandrake is named Merp, by the way! Did you notice that the two creaturemen sitting together like that kind of looks like a heart?

Oh and in other news, thanks for exposing people to toki-wartoothxx. I just found him out, and he's got a nice style! ^-^

Echo...echo..

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

The mandrake is named Merp, by the way! Did you notice that the two creaturemen sitting together like that kind of looks like a heart?

Gotcha, will keep that in mind.:wilson_wink:

Nope. I tend to do that theme a lot in my romantic themed art. One of them was this piece I did for my stitchblog:

tumblr_mi7oumCBnu1rf0ceio1_400.png

19 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

Oh and in other news, thanks for exposing people to toki-wartoothxx. I just found him out, and he's got a nice style! ^-^

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 1.42.23 AM.png

Toki is mah fwieeeend. Yup, a good boodie, that bud. I wouldn't be on this forum if it weren't for my buddy. My bud introduced me to the game's lore.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mewthemew said:

Did you notice that the two creaturemen sitting together like that kind of looks like a heart?

I noticed that too. O.o

How dare you put wickerbottom on a head spike, letting her rot like the merm and pigmen.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

I've been a bad skelly.

arielbadskelly.png

I really am...

On 6/23/2016 at 8:21 PM, JanH said:

Doodle Jam

Doodle Jam

Wilson squees at alchemy piggo.png

I'm going to call this guy "Alchemy Piggo". Until Klei gives him a name, I'm just going to imagine that Wilson just bumped into a potential pupil for his research.

Also I have a question to ask that hasn't been answered:

On 6/13/2016 at 7:02 AM, minespatch said:

How do we combine the words "science and squee"?

Seriously, I want to know.

On 6/24/2016 at 0:36 AM, Bebbit said:

Awesome as usual... I'll make sure to do yet another art reply sometime soon.

And all these video game characters in those badge designs but no Corvo Attano? *GASPU* i'maddictedtodishonoredlately

lanyard 6.png

And you got him @Bebbit, I managed to have a gigglefit over the design and I have no idea why. Also, I tried to play with Wolfgang's fear of the dark but I should've made the matchstick more prominent.

Time for another @Quoth143 tribute section:

tumblr_o9hnocQfmy1rj9mmfo1_1280.png

Saw this on tumblr the other  day and decided to draw my own take on her Mrs Higgsbury:

Mrs Higgsbury finds her son slacking.png

I toyed around with Quoth's description of Wilson's mother's pushing him into the traditional learning system but... It's not that successful. Guess that how we got a dork who keeps describing objects as "thingies". "Man of science".

Albert reminds wilson.png

Quote from Road to El Dorado. The way Quoth writes the siblings makes me think of Miguel and Tulio. Though I think one of my favorite lines from the film really screams "WILSON". Though I'm shocked, the screengrab I originally took of the scene didn't get Albert's mouth right when I was drawing the frame freehand so I had a lot of attempts before rewatching the scene to get the mouth and eyes just right.

arielgoesheh.pngRedrew this:|D.png

I think this new emoticon will suit me while referencing this emoticon: |D

the nightjerk hunts.png

Finally, a update on a old species I've been toying around with in my Stitchpunk days.

It's called "The Nightjerk".

Originally, Nightjerks were basically stitchpunk zombies with H G Wells Morlock class structure element. Pulling souls from the aether to make more nightjerks whether insane or almost with sanity.

I decided to turn them into a type of shadow that pulls ghosts to transmit the nightjerk influence. Making other nightjerks. This way Abigail has a threat in her path besides the rest of the gang. Tried a awkward two legged stance in the curvy frame, but then added a third leg. The third leg would've made this NSFW so I then made it a taur type lower half. Then added the skeletal ribcage with spinal collumn to add more twists.

Decided to leave the paper texture in due to the cheerwine soda's red accidental spill adding a neat touch when I sharpened the image.

SAM_1629.JPGSAM_1632.JPG

Decided to take some selfies with Gizmo. It's really hot this summer- Where's my pants?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ooh, Regular Show.

Yup, big fan. I connect with Benson a lot(Skips is my second favorite[Techmo is third]). I hate how the fandom flanderizes the guy as volcano fire everyone guy.

7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

And is that skeleton wearing what I think it's wearing?

Cap, vest, glasses, laminated don't starve sheet, mechanical pencil...? How could it not be me~?arielgoesayyy.png

Well... Yeah. The captain cap belongs to my father. He used to cosplay as historical soldiers and Dr. Scott from Rocky Horror from time to time(even was on the show a couple of times).

On 6/29/2016 at 10:59 PM, MenaAthena said:

9CKB2CV.png

just replying to this before I have to gO TO BED AND MISS LIPTON'S STREAM *dies*

also I love how ordinary my clothes are to you guys. Toki has like a star skit and zig-zag belt and hair hat. MP has like this fancy-ish get up and a Scottish beret. I just have a plain ol' t-shirt 'n jeans. Yep.

ariel tries to apologize.png

And then they deeeed. Poor Toki-doke. @MenaAthena

On 6/29/2016 at 10:09 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

Welp. @minespatch got themselves into the box of shame. Surprise.

Box of shame 2.png

ariels uses pun powers.png

Little did @toki-wartoothxx know that my pun powers I got from my father affect the fourth dimension. Just like Larry from Teen Titans(which will be retconned whenever someone retcons me... I guess.).

On 6/24/2016 at 0:06 PM, DarithD said:

Ohboy.png

Oh boy.

I feel shame for breaking Wendy's personality :(

Spongebob interrupts Wendy's escape.png

@DarithDA Surprise Tom Kenny attacks!

It's fun to give Charlie a sense of fear from wacky antics. I wasn't sure if that tiny blob at the back of the shell was a whale or bird, so I went with bird.

On 6/29/2016 at 0:02 AM, WPH said:

Also, here's a Whitford.

yxgrIN8.png

whitford does a successful conjur.png

I'll color this tomorrow but here's Whitmore, @WPH. I like how developed his design is. He stands out and really makes the original William outfit work for him. Wanted to channel that one scene from TNBC where Jack Skellington opens the bottle and butterfly pops out.

Wilsonwith a living hat.png

Saw a old piece in my gallery and decided to let wilson wear this hat. I've seen several people drawing wilson with top hats from the game so why not this eldritch abomination.

• Like 4