minespatch

minespatch
[Minespatch] Apophenia Art

787 posts in this topic

>w< EEEE! I was not expecting fanart for Jules and Veronica. They look amazing! Thank you thank you thank you thank you so much!

XD And oh gosh Charlie you need to lay off the fuel.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Charlie no! (Made me laugh though)

Bobbie needs to boop Charlie's snoot with a paperdoop.

1 minute ago, Aileen-Rose said:

>w< EEEE! I was not expecting fanart for Jules and Veronica. They look amazing! Thank you thank you thank you thank you so much!

I wanted to do a piece on them. I finally had time and the right inspiration after looking at their bust forms. Though looking for a reference image of Puck, a lot of the vintage photos I looked for reference were tempting but I found a cute photo:

af5113d9e5a09692ec1d8c0fb91ec848.jpg

2 people like this

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wes also deserved a relaxed pic for once.

What do you mean?

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'M FRICKING TIRED OF SEEING THAT WOODIE FOOTFETISH PIC.

I haven't seen it though usally I look for fan art for specific characters
I wanna see but I feel like I'll regret it

Well looks like you've been busy

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Donke60 said:
  1. What do you mean?
  2. I haven't seen it though usally I look for fan art for specific characters I wanna see but I feel like I'll regret it
  3. Well looks like you've been busy
  1. I usually draw Wes being frightened or overwhelmed.
  2. It's the usual footfetish type art.Highly detailed feet while Woodie glances at the viewer with embarrassment. :wilson_cry:
  3. Story of my life. Also, I'll be posting art in my other two threads, just doing something at the moment while multitasking.
1 person likes this

Haha! That's pretty much what I had in mind for the summer piece, yeah.  "DO YOUR WORST, NATURE!"  (Nature does its worst.)  "OH CRAP I DIDN'T _MEAN_ IT!!"

And yeah, I think all of us have had the occasional base burn down due to a perfectly nice, functioning, fueled-up fling...that...wasn't turned on.  Whoops.

Oh, and if we're doing characters with "bottom" in their name...(Arlesienne will like this)  Cheri Littlebottom! From Discworld!  :D  (Here's my own interpretation of her, from way back.  Woot.  She's also kind of the police department's forensics person (as such even exists on the Disc) so...better-read than average and even--dare I say it?--a bit sciencey.  :)

Also love the fainting from happiness, you only had two hours of sleep again?! and Charlie--or her shadow side, anyway--needing her fiiixx!  Of course, now that we know more about where nightmare fuel actually comes from, that's even _creepier_...

I need to do a decent picture of Charlie, dangit.  Haven't, yet.  Not entirely happy with my Sim of her, either--although if I feel like booting up Sims 3 I'll go in there and take screenshots of all the Don't Starve people I can.  Heh.  Some turned out better than others...

Edit:  I LOVE THAT PHOTO!  I want a fluffy thing for _my_ kitty to lay down on too...  That thing is just like, the ultimate cat-seat.  Warm, semi on-your-lap and keeps you from being able to move your arms properly as long as the cat is on you. Perfect!

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, CaptainChaotica said:
  1. Oh, and if we're doing characters with "bottom" in their name...(Arlesienne will like this)  Cheri Littlebottom! From Discworld!  :D  (Here's my own interpretation of her, from way back.  Woot.  She's also kind of the police department's forensics person (as such even exists on the Disc) so...better-read than average and even--dare I say it?--a bit sciencey.  :)
  2. you only had two hours of sleep again?!
  3. I need to do a decent picture of Charlie, dangit.  Haven't, yet.  Not entirely happy with my Sim of her, either--although if I feel like booting up Sims 3 I'll go in there and take screenshots of all the Don't Starve people I can.  Heh.  Some turned out better than others..
  1. Maybe you should try it in the future on your thread. Put it on a to-do list. :wilson_smile:
  2. Yup. I get like two to fours of sleep depending which day I'm not pulling all nighters on story editing, webcomic art, and other things. Barely get time to myself during the day, so yeah.
  3. That might be stuff you could fill your thread with as well.

Actually I've been considering that already.  I mean, I didn't draw it from scratch/program the 3D models, etc...but I lovingly slaved over each one for a long time before I considered their features, colouring, etc. right and also searched the 'net for clothes and hairdos that looked even remotely appropriate.  Sometimes LONG, far-and-wide, searches.  Man, how long it took me to find a decent Valkyrie helmet for Wigfrid...!

So...it's something I definitely put _effort_ into, is what I mean.  And besides, where ELSE would I show Don't Starve Sims but on a Don't Starve messageboard?  : P

(Weirdly enough, if you've clicked on my Steam profile, you've already kinda sorta seen one of these screenshots--it's a cropped-down-and-shrunk version of Sim-Wilson!  :)  Working (and grumpily failing) at his inventor's station.  INVENTOR'S.  STATION.  My _god_ Sims 3 is the perfect one to do this crossover with...)

...Notorious

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, 50shades-of-blue said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTHANK YOU I FEEL SO HONORED

I like what you did. It inspired me. :wilson_smile:

Thanks for doing the original piece in the first place.

Just now, minespatch said:

I like what you did. It inspired me. :wilson_smile:

Thanks for doing the original piece in the first place.

Y e ah I really loved the implication that Charlie was Chinese so like I decided to draw her in a cheongsam-esque suit (even though i'm a decade or two off of the modern one)

Just aikfjligdjerr I'm probably gonna use ur drawing as an icon, if you don't mind

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, 50shades-of-blue said:

Just aikfjligdjerr I'm probably gonna use ur drawing as an icon, if you don't mind

ariel happiness overload.pngGo right ahead! I'm flattered!