Got two pieces colored! I didn't intend to color them but due to the added details, I suppose I was compelled.

20160530p1-Charlie ponders on their trappings.png

This piece was inspired by a particular lyric in the Eagles "Hotel California".  Those words from the song reminded me of how people are trapped by Them's game. Now, I realize the New Reign cinematic didn't go like this but I felt like I just had to emulate Gruu-Charlie's invert monochrome character design.

I always wanted to make a horror film based around the song. Such a great song(supposedly it's about Alistair Crowley).

20160530p2-Same kind of bad as them.png

Now this particular piece was inspired by the (un)shadow skins. Though what confuses me is that William Carter's character design seems to be retconned in a way with this skin. So does that mean Wilson has a different design similar to Carter's poster and passport if I were to draw him that way? I'll give it a try, sounds fun.

Those expressions the two are doing are the same reaction every time I have to see Maxwell's face on google images|D.png.

Similar to the works of Rosto A.D./David Lynch, I actually like the idea of these ying/yang type metaphors with the entire cast. Though mixing both Wilson and Maxwell's own twisted powers into one body I feel gives emphasis to the new skin pack. 

The words are from the Tom Waits song "Bad as me". I actually was thinking of doing a William Carter piece with his internal struggle with Maxwell, but the devious smirk from Wilson's shadow form just made me want to do a different focus.  Threw another paper napkin texture to give that quality touch the animated shorts have.

Wilson consults updated dexter on Joltik.png

Intended on doing a don't starve version of the Pokemon Joltik for a while now. So I threw in a Spider Queen inspired Galvantula and Wilson having a (unfortunately) modern pokedex. I'm curious if Game Freak will return to the steampunk period of Pokemon(like in the fourth film so we can have a prototype pokedex to see). Just love dat widdle spider. Got a plushie of him too.

them circa gramaphone.png

Just had a lot of fun reshaping this old Victor RCA "Master's Voice" logo with Chester. Could've had him more positioned to sit like the dog, but oh well. I own one myself since my parents used to be antique dealers.

i'm so sorry noon fish.png

Finally... I'm so sorry @The Noon Fish  I took your wall comment serious. Donald Trump's slogan came to mind.|D.png

Will @nome be running in the Klei Maxwell Memes sequel thread elections? Stay tuned to find out!

• Like 7

20160531-Them marked Wilson.png

A reference to the William Carter poster like I mentioned yesterday. Though, without the textures, this seems like a regular Wilson fanart. Really wanted to base his anatomy on the poster since it seems like Klei's trying to make William Carter's original design fit the more super-deformed style like the other characters now(like how in Cyclum, Maxwell has elbow length sleeves instead of arm long sleeves similar to his shadow form).

I wanted to infer that the scratches on the William Carter photos were done by THEM and not by Maxwell himself(though maybe I'm wrong).

wilson drifts across to see Manny.png

Like I stated in my first post, wanted to do a Grim fandango piece badly. Though the image changed from the idea I had in my head. Though about doing a two panel reverse shot POV piece showing the two looking up and down from their perspectives but decided to go with the one image. Only problem is the ship is bigger than life in Grim Fandango.

dragonmage tribute.png

Tribute to @DragonMage156 for all her support. Thanks for giving my art a chance over the month.

top shelf for noon.png

My reply back to my new buddy @The Noon Fish. Now extra nubby.

what is hell baby dont hurt me.png

Finally a redraw of @Chris1488's masterpiece. No idea what it is but it appeals to my quirky sensibilities.

• Like 8

DS Lotto.png

I totally loved Miranda Lotto's pre-exorcist look in D. Gray Man. Just something about her trauma and constant awareness of time repeating reminds me of a gender flipped Saitama from One Punch Man. When she became a exorcist, she lost that look to her personality and basically became another moe girl. Her design would fit so much in Don't Starve than the manga she came from.
WkhsXow.png

Thanks @Chris1488 and @Battal. kek |D.png

movie cast idea.png

I totally picture Wilson having a New England accent like Vincent Price, Glen Shaddix, or Kelsy Grammer. Though I think I'd totally like Maxwell better if he was played by audio erotica David Warner.

party going albert.png

I wanted to use that piece of Albert in that sweet Ulster coat that @Quoth143 did as reference while poking fun at Wilson's disliking at being in parties. Meh, I'm kind of like that too. I tend to be the person who brings my sketchbook to parties.

partyphobia original.pngHad to fix his face. eue

Edited by minespatch
Fix'd @Battal
  • Like 7

On 5/8/2016 at 9:30 PM, minespatch said:

I just started getting into the lore of Don't Starve thanks to my buddy. Hopefully I can get the game in the future but thanks to non-game materials like the comics and animations by Klei, I can appreciate the world building before I get to play the game itself.

Wilson profile.png

Such material inspired me to make art. Here's what I've drawn so far:

Wilson and Pines Twins find Apophenia

Lio has a Kodak moment with Maxwell

William Carter's Liminality

And some non-DS related art with the game style:
Klei's Herbert West

Don't Starve Bob, it's alright

Don't let the league starve

"...thanks to my buddy."

That's this buddy that got you into this game. eue

• Like 2

17 hours ago, toki-wartoothxx said:

"...thanks to my buddy."

That's this buddy that got you into this game. eue

And what a awesome buddy you are~

20160603p2-Wilson's a Dapper Dan man.png

Wanted to do a tribute to O brother where art thou's Dapper Dan's pomade due to the usual joke about Wilson's hair. Used my old books to get certain textures on this piece.

20160603p1-League trapped by THEM.png

Revamp of me and @toki-wartoothxx's League characters. I imagine that THEM brought them to the island through their Pathological altruism over tricking their need to rescue people.

(Left to right: Johnny Massacre, Seigfried Hiel, Camoflauge, Bob Brantley, and Sniper.)

wilson venting out.png

Had a bad day the other day due to offline forces making it hard for me to get sleep. Managed to scribble out something relatable while sticking a knife to a song that frustrates me.

chester wants to play fetch with Rincewind.png

Chester and Discworld's Luggage have a similar function. Just had to have the two meet.

Poor albert loses catcoon's attention.png

Reaction to @Quoth143's recent piece. Big cat person here. The tail thwacking is basically something that's happened to me with my own that I just had to illustrate it here. Poor Albert.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

And what a awesome buddy you are~

20160603p2-Wilson's a Dapper Dan man.png

Wanted to do a tribute to O brother where art thou's Dapper Dan's pomade due to the usual joke about Wilson's hair. Used my old books to get certain textures on this piece.

20160603p1-League trapped by THEM.png

Revamp of me and @toki-wartoothxx's League characters. I imagine that THEM brought them to the island through their Pathological altruism over tricking their need to rescue people.

(Left to right: Johnny Massacre, Seigfried Hiel, Camoflauge, Bob Brantley, and Sniper.)

wilson venting out.png

Had a bad day the other day due to offline forces making it hard for me to get sleep. Managed to scribble out something relatable while sticking a knife to a song that frustrates me.

chester wants to play fetch with Rincewind.png

Chester and Discworld's Luggage have a similar function. Just had to have the two meet.

Poor albert loses catcoon's attention.png

Reaction to @Quoth143's recent piece. Big cat person here. The tail thwacking is basically something that's happened to me with my own that I just had to illustrate it here. Poor Albert.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

[snip]

Aww, Maine Coons. Second only to Ragdolls <3

OT: Still liking your art, minespatch. The colors in some of these remind me of a retro TV screen. Cool stuff.

• Like 1