On 8/22/2016 at 5:41 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

Survivor Jack.png

1. Jack Carter
  2. The Determined Doctor
  3. "Till my last breath, I'm not giving up anyone's life!"
  4. Comes with syringes and healing salve (2 syringes, 5 healing salve)
  5. Has knowledge in all medicine (Knows recipes for healing salve and honey poultice)
  6. Strong willed in heart and mind. (Can take hard hits and doesn't lose sanity too quickly.)
  7. Health - 80
  8. Hunger - 130
  9. Sanity - 100
  10. After being pulled into Their world after a magic mishap, Jack Carter still finds the will to keep pushing forward in hopes to help all those who were involved, and maybe... just maybe... find a way to get his family back.

If Jack hadn't died and wound up becoming a survivor.

20160926p4- Stats of Maxwell's brother.png

Another wiki edit. This time with @Aileen-Rose and @Storm137 's interpretation of Jack. Every now and again I like to do these wiki stats even though this is my second attempt at these. I notice each title ribbon had a different look so I went for a bowtie rather than the usual tattered cloth.

On 9/23/2016 at 1:48 PM, JanH said:

ONIDoodle.png

20160926p1-When Klei worlds collide.png

I originally wanted to do a piece with proto and modern Wilson stranded out with ONI's mascot but seeing the "princess" in the "art jam" piece, I had to toss in a new member and the legendary skeleton DONUT STEEL in as well. Though while working on this, I just realized the cast is full of red shirts. ariel ID face.png

So yeah, I'm totally going with my favorite color while being a buffoon. 9w9

@Quoth143

tumblr_ocegotWwJz1rj9mmfo1_1280.pngtumblr_ocg6aaDanM1rj9mmfo1_1280.png

1. Bobbie is a very graceful dancer.
  2. A color version of the original sketch.

20160926p3-Bobby's vase firedance.png

I'll try getting to do the green dress version in the future but here's Quoth's Bobbie doing a fire dance with the new vases in DST. Little miffed that I couldn't exactly get the fire to move organically like I wanted due to waiting for my pc to load. Trying to make my elaborate pieces bigger since I've gotten complaints about them being too small. Unfortunately, that means a lot of program paintdotnet crashing on my 2006 pc. Really hoping to get that laptop in one or two years so I don't have to deal with loading and saving times.

Despite that, I still like how the piece turned out.

On 8/26/2016 at 3:21 AM, mewthemew said:

i made a reference for waargh because i haven't done it before, and was going a bit too crazy with how he was drawn. hopefully his head looks a lot less banana like from now on >.> it's more a personal drawing, but thought i'd show you guys what he's actually supposed to look like. oh and bonus batdork because...eh whatever, could use it.

waargh reference.pngHNI_0075.JPG

20160926p2-Constructing Waargh n batdork.png

I managed to save the piece before the program shut down. Didn't intend to make the piece so elaborate but I didn't like the empty background. So I went with a art design concept for the two. Originally wanted it just to be a piece of Batdork showing off.

What's really frustrating is I did the cardinal sin of a digital artist: Not saving enough while working.

Which is good and all but I lost a lot of my progress files while working on this. Thankfully I copy pasted this as a screencapture and put it in MS paint before paintdotnet shut down.

Ariel OTL.pngThis is basically my reaction to the entire loss of files.

On 7/31/2016 at 11:10 PM, Quoth143 said:

I imagine that butterflies provide an instant distraction from whatever Wilson was doing.

distracted by icy butterfly.png

Not everyday you see a frozen butterfly. This was my first attempt at drawing the Thermal Measurer but I wanted to give Wilson a distraction, so showing him building something was the best way for me to convey the distraction.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:
  1. Fire is tricky to draw. 
  2. Anyway, Bobbie looks great!
  1. I'd probably would've done better once I get a machine that doesn't stall for fifteen or so minutes if a project is too huge but I hear ya.
  2. Eyyyyyyyyy, thanks. Big thanks to you for giving the great palette to the dress. I appreciate your help. :wilson_goodjob:
10 minutes ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Jack looks so cool! Thank you so much I love it!

Suitcase was a little tricky due to the angle but I wanted to toy around with the stats you mentioned. Thank you too for inspiring me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I thought the "Walani look-a-like" was eating a chicken drumstick at first XD

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

That sucks :( Atleast you got something. That counts, right?

Also, I like the reacting image.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:
  1. I thought the "Walani look-a-like" was eating a chicken drumstick at first XD
  2. That sucks :( Atleast you got something. That counts, right?
  1. I'm not used to drawing duckfaces. :wilson_ecstatic:
  2. I managed to make a small progress version but the file I lost had the colored lineart and other parts I worked on for two to three hours. The screencapture also reduced the size of the image, something I was trying to avoid in the first place.

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

20160926p2-Constructing Waargh n batdork.png

I managed to save the piece before the program shut down. Didn't intend to make the piece so elaborate but I didn't like the empty background. So I went with a art design concept for the two. Originally wanted it just to be a piece of Batdork showing off.

What's really frustrating is I did the cardinal sin of a digital artist: Not saving enough while working.

Which is good and all but I lost a lot of my progress files while working on this. Thankfully I copy pasted this as a screencapture and put it in MS paint before paintdotnet shut down.

distracted by icy butterfly.png

coincidentally i made Weadon into an ONI character, too (but withought a nose like the ONI duplicants)

no waargh! don't do it! don't jump! or maybe batdork can glide. i doubt it though. hopefully there's something soft underneath them.

oh geez, i've been there. but with a paper i was doing at home and the power went out >.> i nearly cried.

poor wilson. not only does he have the task of carrying a giant bread stick, but he doesn't even have a beard to warm him up slightly. 

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mewthemew said:
  • no waargh! don't do it! don't jump! or maybe batdork can glide. i doubt it though. hopefully there's something soft underneath them.
  • poor wilson. not only does he have the task of carrying a giant bread stick, but he doesn't even have a beard to warm him up slightly. 
  • If you look at Waargh's expression, he has no idea why Batdork is lifting him up.:wilson_ecstatic:
  • Breadstick that can tell the weather? ariel lol.png
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mewthemew said:

oh geez, i've been there. but with a paper i was doing at home and the power went out >.> i nearly cried.

Sorry about that, bud. :wilsondisappointed:

11 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

wait, what makes you think beadsticks CAN'T tell the weather? :p

Never tried. 9u9

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Sorry about that, bud. 

Never tried. 9u9

perfectly fine. it was when i was still in high school but man did i have some exlaining to do to my teacher. thankfully, they were pretty uunderrstandng for the most part. my teachers in middle and high school were the only friends  had at the time. let's.....not dwell on that subject. talking about mddle/high school exeriences sometimes makes me break out into a panic attack.

lemme tell you a secret then....me neither.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2016 at 11:08 PM, minespatch said:

i'm so sorry noon fish.png

Finally... I'm so sorry @The Noon Fish  I took your wall comment serious. Donald Trump's slogan came to mind.|D.png@nome

On 8/9/2016 at 1:09 AM, KumisCavern said:

i want webber with pants to become a meme. seriously tho im dying htis is so cute..... sorry if this is late im just..... really slow at checking social media n stuff

make webbers pants great again.png

The klei elections are high speed as memes are being implemented for the count! Can WEBBERS PANTS bring us together?!

I dunno

On 8/28/2016 at 4:21 PM, MenaAthena said:

I was told to draw more @Weirdobobs

v75L86a.png

catching weirdowoop.png

Dissapointed by amputee Pikapeetie, Wilson fights against @Weirdobob to catch himself the elusive WEIRDOWOOPWOOPWOOP.

On 9/3/2016 at 7:18 PM, rubidiumsart said:
On 9/3/2016 at 7:13 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Looks like a large lemon :/

yeh so they made a melonade stand

lemon2.pngthen a customer comeslemon3.png

wendy does a poor business decision.png

Wendy really needs to learn on customer satisfaction. Otherwise, she could scapegoat Webber as "Customer relations". Not even Melonade mascot smolburd is helping!

On 8/29/2016 at 5:24 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

WnA Willow and Pinky.png

I could not stop grinning like an idiot while coloring this because of the hound just... That face man. So yeah, finally got Willow's design finished along with her fire hound, Pinky.

relaxing on pinkie.png

Used a reference of Lucky Luke to get the pose right. I missed a opportunity to have her sleeping with a wheatgrain in her mouth but I felt it would be cuter to have Willow look at her big puppy. For Pinky's expression, I used the glorious Moonmoon meme to help me get the right balance of realism and sillyness. Though it's hard to look at that google image search for far too long. Cute animals tend to make me stare at pages for hours if I don't pace myself.

On 10/1/2016 at 9:23 PM, minespatch said:
On 10/1/2016 at 9:18 PM, MissCharlie said:
On 10/1/2016 at 8:50 PM, DragonMage156 said:
On 10/1/2016 at 7:31 PM, MissCharlie said:

It's InkTober! "Fast"IMG_2337.JPG

What is Inktober?

@DragonMage156http://mrjakeparker.com/inktober:D

Oh boy! I should try catching up to this. I already missed a day.ariel crashes.png

inktober1 fast wigfrid.pnginktober2 noise gramaphone.png

• Scrambled to get these two done in the middle of the night. Used the backflash of the Elric brothers from the Fullmetal Alchemist manga to get Wigfrid's expression just right. I know there's another show I watched that I wanted to get reference for but the name escaped me.
  • Noise was definitely the gramaphone. So I used "mad world" for the notes since looking up "mad notes" did not help me in the slightest. I wanted a whole bunch of crazed musical notes for reference but oh well...

wx reenacts backstroke of the west.png

Really wanted to do the "On the hoof" meme but I couldn't think of anything except beefalo. So I went for WX as Engrish Darth Vader for this one. Finally got to draw the skin seller! He was the perfect choice of Palpitine.

wilson admires catcoon.png

Whenever I look at my two kitties on my handle-rail on the second floor of my house, their body sits in a certain arc. So their arms look like chicken wings. Basically Wilson saying the same thing I do when I get too cuddly with my cats.

20161003p4-Wolfgang badge.png

Finally, another convention badge. This time it's Wolfgang getting a prank from the shadow of Sam Pepper. 

• Like 5

On 9/7/2016 at 5:31 PM, Ninjanemo said:

So I was just sketching some random things, and somehow this came out of it.

New Canvas.png

Ninjanemos skeledork dancing with kelly.png

I was inspired by the Gene Kelly film Anchor's Away with the Jerry Mouse sequence after seeing Ninjanemo's piece. Thanks so much for the gift art! :wilson_goodjob:

On 9/7/2016 at 9:23 AM, JohaneBrote said:

To all the people complaining they won't be able to get every single skin ever for free: just read the fine print next time, OK? OK.

disclaimer.png

klei gives a term and condition.png

The anger over the new pax skins being hard to get really was quite the issue last month. So seeing this disclaimer that someone screencapped got a huge laugh out of me. Poor Wilson got Scapegoated by the company.

On 9/7/2016 at 2:28 AM, rubidiumsart said:

knif.png

On 9/7/2016 at 2:48 AM, minespatch said:

SAM_1712.thumb.png.cb3ee9a9bf516d32e47d07dbe4bdd61d.png

On 9/7/2016 at 3:02 AM, rubidiumsart said:

breaking news, a gril stabbed her other self in the other dimension

On 9/7/2016 at 6:49 AM, Mobbstar said:

FLASH NEWS: Interdimensional Portal Discovered in Public Toilet - "Is this even science anymore" Says Local Scientist

next papah from the pig village.png

The latest issue of the pig times brings news of Donny Darko levels of confusing time travel anomalies! Meanwhile "scientist" WX is going to get throttled by w-hair.

On 9/9/2016 at 10:06 PM, The Noon Fish said:

i cant draw gays.png

i kinda want to draw gays maxwil

flying the maxwil ship.png

Noon flys the ship of Bananawel and W-hair off to where Woodlegs can marry them off. arielcasual shrug.png

On 9/9/2016 at 2:41 AM, minespatch said:

Can you imagine Wendy drawing a happy face on Albert's back to match the "eye"? :wilson_sneaky:

On 9/9/2016 at 5:02 PM, Quoth143 said:

smiley face.png

Wendy has fun with alberts wound.png

Wendy uses her drawing skills to tease Albert caught unaware. She plots her next victim Wilson as he sleeps.

On 10/8/2016 at 0:15 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

The Reaper Page.png

The Reaper

At the beginning of a new reign, a Reaper is hand chosen by the ruler. Any soul is eligible, the only real requirement is that person chosen has passed on. Being chosen however will prevent the person from ever being able to return to life by any revival methods. Their soul now belongs to the Shadow World till they are relieved of duty by the next ruler, or are given the option to leave.

The Reaper is a light being, thanks their natural glow, no shadow creature can touch them. They are able to use this light to create cloaks that they can give to souls they are trying to help pass on from the world. This light also allows for them to generate scythe wings which they use to ward shadows off of souls. (To note, these wings can not kill shadows, it can only dissipate them.)

The Reaper's eyes take on a glow of their own that allows them to see in the dark, just like the other souls in this world. The Reaper can see life lines with their eyes. These life lines allow them to know who is alive and who has died. Each life line is specialized to each person, and The Reaper will know when they have died when the life line snaps. When this happens, The Reaper will hurry to wherever the person is before they are devoured by the shadows. They often make haste by taking on an orb form that allows them to travel faster. (It's been noted while in this form, during the night when they're moving, they'll leave light spots that people can use as a temporary light source to ward off shadows.)

The main purpose of The Reaper is to save souls from being devoured by the shadows, creating a counter balance to The Grue. Though they can't save everyone, it doesn't stop them from trying.

I found it quite amusing how Jack tried all in his power to do this... Heh... The fool... Not that I made it easy on him. If I had it my way we wouldn't need a Reaper but alas... Balance is required. Can't let the shadows get too out of control now.

skeledork imagining a reaper form.png

Nope, Ariel will not get the chance to be a reaper. That's too rewarding for the skeledork.

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 2.08.54 AM.png

Canadian Chester.png

The Maple Chester. Big thanks to @GiddyGuy for the inspiration. I wanted to give the Chester Goose antlers to give that Canadian flare. I imagine that Woodie would cheerish the heck out of this guy.

Inktober drawings this week:

1. inktober3 collecting junk.pngWilson collecting his graveyard schwag.  What a loot.
  2. inktober4 Hungry Warly.pngWarly's worst enemy: His stomach.
  3. inktober5 sad webber.pngWebber being a lonely boy. He lets the moon comfort him.
  4. inktober6 hidden wendy.pngWendy spends her moody sessions in Chester. Hiding from the grown ups.
  5. inktober7 Lost Wilson.pngWilson found concept art maps. Now he just has to figure out they don't work for this update.
  6. inktober8 Rock Lobster.pngWillow finds the elusive B-52s song.
  7. inktober9 broken lucy.png Mr Skits makes Lucy broken.

dont question wilsons decor.png

A question my father asked me when he saw the Skeleton in Wilson's laboratory. I decided to use Albert since I imagine he visited the place every now and again.

ariel emotional.png

Emotional skeledork. Decided to draw this after how many times I kept typing "Oh, that character grew up so fast".

On 9/9/2016 at 6:33 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Did he get shot sometime while he was looking for evidence of the missing people (namely Wilson?)

Question:

Who did he research he was missing, and what led him to believe that the cases were connected? I saw Willow, Wilson, and WX mentioned in those newspaper articles, but was there more?

On 9/9/2016 at 5:02 PM, Quoth143 said:

@ExtollerOfTrolls Most of the survivors had been mentioned as the man had been following these events around the world. He'd have nightmares that coincided with each disappearance. 

On 9/9/2016 at 0:18 PM, Quoth143 said:

The shot was what sparked Albert to search deeper into Wilson's disappearance. The man was a survivor of the 1906 earthquake and had helped set up the set to film the "final act." He managed to escape physically unscathed and managed to save the footage we see in the cinematic. Unfortunately the man's mental health had deteriorated, not helped by the fact that he did indeed have a drinking problem; that day has haunted him for years, the shadows haunted him too until it finally hit a breaking point. That's when the police were called; people heard shots in the apartment building. 

When Albert and his team came the man was inconsolable and covered in various wounds that were thought to be self-inflicted, constantly going on about how the shadows were now after him and he kept shooting at nothing. Albert was hit in the frenzy but as he said, the bullet didn't hit anything vital, and it ended with the police having to take the man out.

The police collected evidence from the man's apartment which had lots and lots of newspaper articles about various disappearances including Wilson's. The apartment walls were scribbled with writings and drawings of shadows creatures, some of the drawings included various symbols and structures that had been found at Wilson's house. Some of the newspaper clippings had specific drawings on them. The police did close the case, thinking the man was just nuts, but Albert had a feeling that something was up, so he began to investigate further. 

On 9/10/2016 at 3:01 AM, Quoth143 said:

the survivor.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 5.49.49 AM.png

On 9/9/2016 at 10:54 PM, minespatch said:

Damn, now I want to do a mini comic on that.:wilson_ecstatic:

So... I'm just going to show pencils. Not sure if I'll ever get this comic done as a inked product but here's the story from beginning to end:

Final act director page 1 through 4.pngFinal act director page 5 through 8.pngFinal act director page 9 through 13.png

I even managed to get @Quoth143's Whitney in the end. He was supposed to have a bigger part but the whole feeling of this being cinematic while almost word-less meant I didn't want to have a epilogue. Included @Theinsanefruitloop's Wesker as Albert's partner in the case. Wish I could've conveyed things better but I wanted to get this comic done last night. Since it wasn't established in the trailer/cinematic, I went for the "Majestic" theater. Tried to look for some photos of the theater during the earthquake and after but it was pretty hard searching for reference photos online. Big thanks to:

@ExtollerOfTrolls

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 8