8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I took that picture the day I drew the Wilson spider piece, so that was quickly taken. The kitties tend to be rowdy, they like to run into the dining room, so I have to grab them all at once.

I have a feeling that drawing could have worked better with chesters or catcoons but that's just what I think *shrugs*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I have a feeling that drawing could have worked better with chesters or catcoons but that's just what I think *shrugs*

No, you're right. It would've worked better. I'm actually doing a catcoon piece with Wilson in the future but the way I feed my cats ham... They act like the spiders in the game(I can't wait to get my paycheck soon so I can finally get the game). They can get really rough when feeding. Lovable but bitey.

The little black kitten that hangs around the outside of my house is probably worst offender for finger biter while feeding. Adorable but worrying.

• Like 1

Didn't have much time to do art yesterday but picked up the pace today:

wilson's catcoon research.png

Got that catcoon piece I've planned a month ago done(wanted it with color but decided just to go with the scrapbook style I'm doing for don't starve pieces). Somewhat inspired by my cats, especially Gizmo[big fluffball] sitting on my arm, and that kickstarter art with all the Chesters.

the ocean doesn't want warly today.png

Another Lyric piece with Warly with the Tom Waits poem "The Ocean doesn't want me".  Even though I don't have any of the games, I needed to do some Shipwrecked related pieces. Warly was no exception. Threw in some colors and noise to give a ocean and beach touch even though I probably should've colored it all. I intend to be coloring @Quoth143's brothers piece since it deserves to be fully colored.

Minespatch dont starve fanmix cover.png

My own fanmix cover(Inspired by @inhumanrobot's post):

These songs make me think of Don't Starve the most. So why not share them? I also wasn't sure where to make a Don't Starve music thread so this will make due.

tribute to noon fish.png

I'm not kidding, @The Noon Fish, you got talent! Keep it up! It's shocking how you weren't so sure about your work in the first posts and look at you go!

wilber practice sketches.png

Practice sketches of Webber for a short Don't Starve tom Waits inspired comic. Threw in a spider pig for lols.

• Like 4

20160524p1-Tribute to Ravenblackrcrow.png

Congrats to @Raven Crow for finishing the epic Fragments of Memory comic! Was intending to draw you a tribute piece a week ago but with the comic done, I finally got this put together. Good luck on your upcoming projects. :wilson_goodjob:

20160524p2-Maxwell's shaggy dog children story.png

A comic based on the Tom Waits poem "Children's story" but in Maxwell's twisted perspective. Poor Webber being the protagonist of his shaggy dog story. I feel like a jerk doing this to a character I haven't drawn before but the image worked in my head. Got four receipts of drawings on this comic alone.
I'm going to work on a shorter comic next based on Brer Rabbit so I'll try getting that one done tomorrow.

deleted maxwell story panel.png

Had to redraw the pentultimate panel due to miscalculations on size. I really wanted to draw a poor wilson on the throne as to show who Maxwell was talking to. Shame I couldn't have used this particular face. I love it due to how screwed up Maxwell's story is but it's not as close to the Klei style as I would've liked(Studied the new reign trailer to get that squinting touch).

• Like 6

20160525p2-Higgsbury encounter a wild derp tiger spider.png

I promised the other day and here it is. Albert and Wilson as concieved by @Quoth143 and finally colored. Originally slapped together as a quick drawing tribute ended up being a finished piece. I already cut the edges of the drawing/sketch so I could glue it into my  sketch-filled linebook. Surprisingly, the lines worked for its favor. So combining sepia tones and layer mixing, I got a texturized make-shift wood look.

Kinda  tweaked Wilson's face compared to the original inks.

20160525p3-A Chandler parable with Wilson.png

Intended on doing a Brer Rabbit inspired comic for a week now. Got all these panels drawn and inked last night and then cleaned them up today.

Something about the Tarbaby story is basically a moral about pride and hubris(kinda funny how chandler and Uncle Remus had their own moments of existential terror like that story where Brer Rabbit kills his wolf enemy by making his witch rabbit relative dress up as a zombie to give the wolf a heart attack). Sure there's no fox, I'd have to make the comic a bit longer just have Wilson outsmart the metaphorical Maxwell Fox. Nah, just figure I'd do a morality where Wilson does a Daffy duck and learns a hard lesson... Through eldritch terror that looks like the Thinker Statue. I guess.  Some of these expressions were inspired by A7Sparx's own comic.

Yay, finally got a chance to draw Wolfgang. Though it was hard looking for a 3/4th headshot of him on Google images for reference.

ariel dont starve persona early sketches.png

Early sketches of my persona when I barely touched on Don't Starve art. Before using Wilton as a base of reference, I went for a more Jack skellington and Eric Pigor's Toxic Toons touch before realizing I had to go simpler. Might do a version of my persona with skin in the future but just thought I'd scan this for the thread.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, minespatch said:

20160525p2-Higgsbury encounter a wild derp tiger spider.png

I promised the other day and here it is. Albert and Wilson as concieved by @Quoth143 and finally colored. Originally slapped together as a quick drawing tribute ended up being a finished piece. I already cut the edges of the drawing/sketch so I could glue it into my  sketch-filled linebook. Surprisingly, the lines worked for its favor. So combining sepia tones and layer mixing, I got a texturized make-shift wood look.

Kinda  tweaked Wilson's face compared to the original inks.

20160525p3-A Chandler parable with Wilson.png

Intended on doing a Brer Rabbit inspired comic for a week now. Got all these panels drawn and inked last night and then cleaned them up today.

Something about the Tarbaby story is basically a moral about pride and hubris(kinda funny how chandler and Uncle Remus had their own moments of existential terror like that story where Brer Rabbit kills his wolf enemy by making his witch rabbit relative dress up as a zombie to give the wolf a heart attack). Sure there's no fox, I'd have to make the comic a bit longer just have Wilson outsmart the metaphorical Maxwell Fox. Nah, just figure I'd do a morality where Wilson does a Daffy duck and learns a hard lesson... Through eldritch terror that looks like the Thinker Statue. I guess.  Some of these expressions were inspired by A7Sparx's own comic.

Yay, finally got a chance to draw Wolfgang. Though it was hard looking for a 3/4th headshot of him on Google images for reference.

ariel dont starve persona early sketches.png

Early sketches of my persona when I barely touched on Don't Starve art. Before using Wilton as a base of reference, I went for a more Jack skellington and Eric Pigor's Toxic Toons touch before realizing I had to go simpler. Might do a version of my persona with skin in the future but just thought I'd scan this for the thread.

Oh, that comic was really interesting! Also, awesome job on the coloring!

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Oh, that comic was really interesting! Also, awesome job on the coloring!

I wanted to give your tribute piece something worth the effort you do to your comic. Added a nice digital frame to differentiate it from my usual scrapbook-theme art in this thread.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I wanted to give your tribute piece something worth the effort you do to your comic. Added a nice digital frame to differentiate it from my usual scrapbook-theme art in this thread.

Thank you!

• Like 2

20160527p1-Master Gracy provides Wilson a challenge.png

I intended to do a Haunted Mansion piece for a while now. Finally got to draw the stretching portraits in Klei style. Could've done better since the pencils were more detailed until I inked it. Though I feel the final piece is slightly satisfactory for me. I originally intended this piece to be my first try at Willow but I worked on her in my birds piece so yeah.

20160527p2-Higgsbury bros taking the wrong mushroom.png

Somewhat of a reply and tribute to the piece @Quoth143 did recently. I wasn't sure what Albert looked like as a ghost but I just thought it'd be fun referencing the Boos in Super Mario bros while also referencing the ghosts in Don't Starve. Of course Wendy had to be princess Peach. |D.png

With A7xsparx's Astrid as either Yoshi or Bowser. I was trying to go for yoshi but the wings hid the shell.

a conversation with my father.png

A conversation I had earlier today with my father(drew him as his scientist character Otto von Krieger from our webcomic). Sometimes he says things wrong like "inuyashu". So my reply just inspired me to redraw this moment. kek

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, minespatch said:

20160527p1-Master Gracy provides Wilson a challenge.png

I intended to do a Haunted Mansion piece for a while now. Finally got to draw the stretching portraits in Klei style. Could've done better since the pencils were more detailed until I inked it. Though I feel the final piece is slightly satisfactory for me. I originally intended this piece to be my first try at Willow but I worked on her in my birds piece so yeah.

20160527p2-Higgsbury bros taking the wrong mushroom.png

Somewhat of a reply and tribute to the piece @Quoth143 did recently. I wasn't sure what Albert looked like as a ghost but I just thought it'd be fun referencing the Boos in Super Mario bros while also referencing the ghosts in Don't Starve. Of course Wendy had to be princess Peach. |D.png

With A7xsparx's Astrid as either Yoshi or Bowser. I was trying to go for yoshi but the wings hid the shell.

a conversation with my father.png

A conversation I had earlier today with my father(drew him as his scientist character Otto von Krieger from our webcomic). Sometimes he says things wrong like "inuyashu". So my reply just inspired me to redraw this moment. kek

Pfft! Albert, you're supposed to cook red caps,

• Like 2

20160528p2-Wilson spreads his knowledge.png
Mixture of a tribute to Wilson and a mocking at current journalism. Certain journalists have been throwing the term around to mock people like Richard Dawkins. Though with they way the fandom treats Wilson as though he's heavily religious for science, I just had to get this done with. Feel slightly sacrilegious as a LDS member basing this off medieval pictures of Jesus. Oh well, I had fun. Threw some symbols from John Dee around the halo.

Made this yesterday before working on the drawing.

wilson and the peanuts gallery.png

A request from my father. He wanted Dennis to bother Wilson and... Here we are.

when I go to sleep.png

Me every morning before I go to sleep for five hours. Offline life is not fun.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, minespatch said:

wilson and the peanuts gallery.png

A request from my father. He wanted Dennis to bother Wilson and... Here we are.

when I go to sleep.png

Me every morning before I go to sleep for five hours. Offline life is not fun.

I wonder what the children keep calling him instead of Mr. Higgbury :p

GOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM!! (Kudos if you get the reference ;) )

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

I wonder what the children keep calling him instead of Mr. Higgbury :p

5733f340f0856_arielorminespatchindontstarve.png.b32f87113172d4f527391f2d6aa5e040.png

Wiiiiillleeee

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

GOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM!! (Kudos if you get the reference ;) )

Classic Murray. ;)

20160529p1-Suddenly the codex umbra is the necronomicon.png

I didn't expect to color this but when I remembered that hilarious scene from Army of Darkness, I just had to turn the Codex Umbra into another Necronomicon.

codex umbra of darkness inks and willow color pallet.pngLittle progress version of the piece. I changed Willow's dialogue to more of a mixture of American and British since I wasn't sure if she was like Wilson's background.

jack skellington meets maxwell.png

Got this one done! What's frustrating about looking up Jack's room on google images is you don't even get blueprints or a good look. Just some TNBC merch with his face on. Thankfully the game Oogie Revenge(aka Halloween town sim) exists so they have a good layout of his room you can walk in. Unfortunately, I looked a rough copy of the game on youtube instead of just using my copy for reference or using my dvd of TNBC(since my laptop's cd reader doesn't work).

Always wanted to do a piece of Jack being  introduced to the shadows similar to Wilson. Both characters are everymen, so I really connect to them. Men of science and looking for inspiration.

facebook sticker spooks klei player.png

I immediately loved Kirk Wallice's Happy Camper facebook stickers since I noticed the lil' guy was a skeleton. The art design makes me think of a updated Don't Starve. The darker images of him at night feel a lot like the game to me.

Mad chesters and kinda english americans.png

Inspired by the old Noel Coward song "Mad Dogs and Englishmen". You have no idea how hard it was to find a fox hunter portrait without one being on a horse on Google images. Slightly inspired by Wilson's fancier outfits.

quoth143's bobby.png

Finally @Quoth143's Bobby. Thought it'd be best to give your new character a tribute. Threw in a kitten-inspired Tiger for keks.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

She looks awesome!

Kind of screwed on the hand's perspective. I wanted her to make her fingers point further out.
Took off the lomography and borders to let this particular one be seen better,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Kind of screwed on the hand's perspective. I wanted her to make her fingers point further out.
Took off the lomography and borders to let this particular one be seen better,

Fingers are tricky. 

If it helps, this guys teaches people a handy trick for foreshortening which can be applied to fingers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1