9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Go right ahead. Copics are pretty neat. They feel like watercolors in a marker setting. Sometimes I use sharpies to accentuate the blackness in a piece.

yeah i love em too. i am in the middle of saving money for buying sharpies or koi coloring brush after i get a  new phone. well i want copics but it's so expensive, it's around Rp50.000 each marker and i don't want my cow shaped wallet say goodbye in the middle of starving.

but i never color my traditional works lol 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2016 at 1:01 AM, Quoth143 said:

them.pngtumblr_oddpy8iWOJ1rj9mmfo1_1280.png

On 8/16/2016 at 10:01 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

Older WnA.pngAlbert Badge.png

20160916-Alberts search for identity.png

I saw the two images @Quoth143 did and I wanted to do a special piece based on his inner-conflict of identity. @Aileen-Rose's badge design really helped(will revisit again sometime). Adding a nice frame to the dour blur and red palette of Albert's gruu life to Charlie. The bandanna with the eye design really hit me.

On 8/13/2016 at 5:03 PM, artistcrab said:
On 8/8/2016 at 1:03 AM, Mobbstar said:
On 8/8/2016 at 0:00 AM, minespatch said:

Uh... Is that the deerclops? :wilson_shocked:

the best deerclops you'll ever meet

Clover.png

Clovers the best deerclops.png

Spoiler

I wanted to do a piece tributing to Clover but I wasn't sure how to go through it until... @Mobbstar's comment. Then I knew I had to do a reference to that classic FooFighter's meme.

On 6/22/2016 at 8:23 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Me in Shipwrecked:

me_in_shipwrecked_by_dragonmage156-d9xdy

I reckon I did this one well :) If you're stuck in the wilderness for a while, you learn how to use your tail to hang onto trees better ^_^

dragonmage in the distance.png

Thought I'd challenge myself by turning the perspective around. Adding a sense of Wilson being watched.

On 8/8/2016 at 5:19 PM, Bigfoot said:

One of the most important processes we have at Klei is the process of experimentation. For example, Mark of the Ninja used to be a puzzle game, Invisible, Inc. started life as a mobile game. Don’t Starve itself used to look like this.

preds.png

riding the chickens of war.png

Time to ride the chickens of war!

Seeing @Bigfoot's post, I was inspired to get a piece of Proto-Wilson/Whedon down. Never drawn the guy so it was a fun challenge. Also, the idea of the guy riding a chicken made me really intrigued. Just a little upset it took me a while to even get to draw him.

On 9/15/2016 at 8:01 PM, V2C said:

DSTupdate_wartsandall_sm.png

investgating the scarecrow.png

Drew this last night. After seeing the scarecrow coming out of nowhere in the new update, I just had to jot the new implementation down. Since this new creature/person is meant to scare crows literally, I threw @Theinsanefruitloop's Cosmo in while I investigated.

On 8/14/2016 at 1:41 AM, minespatch said:
On 8/14/2016 at 1:28 AM, Mobbstar said:
On 8/14/2016 at 1:17 AM, minespatch said:

the machines wilson makes.png

The different machines. Thought I'd give them a tribute.

And leave out the prehate-praho-prehihato- first tier magic machine? Rude.

• Will get to that sometime... ariel sweats.png*is MAxwell-phobic*

The essence of Maxwell.png

Yeah, Maxwell really gives me the creeps. Though I managed to jot the rest down and I feel bad for neglecting them in the last piece. Though it was frustrating when I was drawing the door, there seemed to be two versions. The one the game has and the one in "New Reign"'s Cinematic where certain details shifted around. There might be slight differences in the origins trailer but I didn't notice.

On 8/12/2016 at 5:02 PM, minespatch said:
On 8/10/2016 at 2:04 AM, rubidiumsart said:
On 8/9/2016 at 9:51 PM, minespatch said:
On 8/9/2016 at 7:58 AM, rubidiumsart said:

100_9538.JPG

So... Where did Bug Wendy come from?

i saw a cockroach on my desk then randomly draw it with wendy's head

On 8/12/2016 at 2:40 AM, Bebbit said:

radroach.png

Well this guy's a real frickin' radroach.

radroach.thumb.png.119bcb7635499371be8c47a6748544c5.png

@rubidiumsart

radroach wendy.png

#FULLCIRCLE

Maybe I'm horrible for redrawing this but I thought the concept was so esoteric and out there, it was totally me. So yeah. If you want, you can imagine this as Webber drawing this in vengeance.

Surprise sandcastle.png

I found out that one of the Sun and Moon pokemon is a living sandcastle. In my opinion, I like the concept. Then the gears in my head turned and suddenly thought of that picture with Wilson and the sandcastle and just had to ruin his day with terror.

E B White's Webbers web.png

A request from my father. After he heard the name "Wilbur" he wanted me to do a Charlotte's Web parody. Sorry if the web isn't clear. It's saying "Some Monkey". To be honest, Wilbur makes me think of that Mike Mignola character that was in both Hellboy and Screw-on head. Probably due to the crown.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Raven Crow said:

dont_starve_fanart_challenge_by_ravenblai took part the DS fanart challenge from tumblr

20 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

don't starve challenge.png

@Raven Crow

Decided to do the Don't Starve Challenge that was mentioned during @inhumanrobot's stream today which is to draw without using the erase or undo key. I did Woodie. 

20160918p1-Wilson surviving the Don't starve Challenge.png

When I'm low on food stamp funds, my life really is the Don't Starve challenge. Though I did what the challenge prompted. No eating, no listening to music, only my mouse and determination to get a piece done. Wilson is the character I know best from memory so that helped. This piece makes me think of the days in high school when I would doodle on my Nintendo DS. I'm shocked I managed to not succumb to using a eraser. Then again... When I do work on my art, I barely focus on drinking or eating. I'm enjoying making the craft. So it came naturally.

On 8/13/2016 at 9:51 PM, rubidiumsart said:

tutorial 

• hiow.pnghiow2.pnghiow3.pnghiow4.pnghiow5.png

classy wx.png

I just felt compelled to make WX a gentleman in this silly pose. Then him spouting Spock-isms.

On 8/12/2016 at 2:18 AM, mewthemew said:

HNI_0020.JPG

Fresh from the pig village.png

Really happy with how I did the fancy title font. Just the concept alone I wanted to redraw. The idea of the pig village out of the other hunchtypes(minus the walruses) becoming a advanced civilization intrigues me. Probably throwing back to the ending of George Orwell's Animal Farm. Thanks so much for doodling this, @mewthemew.

On 8/13/2016 at 2:18 AM, mewthemew said:
On 8/13/2016 at 2:15 AM, minespatch said:

Just imagine the entire cast as scouts with Willow as the fearless godmode "fireside" leader. :wilson_sneaky:

On 8/13/2016 at 2:17 AM, minespatch said:

Already did a piece with the children(and womanchild) in the scout concept art.

scouting trip.png

AAAHHH! so adorable!  i'm on kind of an ed edd n eddy kick.i know they're scouts, but i can't not see them as the urban rangers. abigail gets to be plank!

wendys urban rangers.png

Here's the Urban Rangers ready on patrol. To be honest, the idea of turning Abigail into a piece of wood got a chuckle out of me. Then there's Webber acting like how I would in a group setting. Then again... I did used to be in scouts.

On 5/16/2016 at 8:39 PM, minespatch said:

willow has a disney princess moment.pngWillow goes full out Disney princess powers. Kek.

Seriously though, this is my first attempt sketching Willow. I've drawn Wilson so many times, wanted to try a character I hadn't drawn. Besides the birds. I've drawn a tall bird for my camoflauge piece but not for a main fanart. The crow is referencing this hilarious video. Whoops, here's a progress version of the willow piece if you guys seem to have trouble seeing it in big size.willow and birds procress.png

20160918p2-Willow and the angry birds.png

I've been frustrated a while with seeing this being transparent on my front page and still in my flash drive(Got a lot of stuff I need to put on my DA account). So I decided to color it and make it visible for people now.

On 5/29/2016 at 11:05 PM, minespatch said:

Mad chesters and kinda english americans.png

Inspired by the old Noel Coward song "Mad Dogs and Englishmen". You have no idea how hard it was to find a fox hunter portrait without one being on a horse on Google images. Slightly inspired by Wilson's fancier outfits.

duel between man and walrus.png

A duel between McTusk and Wilson. Thinking back to the past piece and not having drawn the Walrus yet, I wanted to do a duel piece. Heavily inspired by the Haunted Mansion portraits of the two duelists as well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Fresh from the pig village.png

Really happy with how I did the fancy title font. Just the concept alone I wanted to redraw. The idea of the pig village out of the other hunchtypes(minus the walruses) becoming a advanced civilization intrigues me. Probably throwing back to the ending of George Orwell's Animal Farm. Thanks so much for doodling this, @mewthemew.

wendys urban rangers.png

Here's the Urban Rangers ready on patrol. To be honest, the idea of turning Abigail into a piece of wood got a chuckle out of me. Then there's Webber acting like how I would in a group setting. Then again... I did used to be in scouts.

oh neato, another dump ^-^ always nice to see everyone around!

first off, you're very welcome for drawing the pig times drawing. i ended up drawing craig and that merm once. but i lost the drawing in one of my old sketchbooks i already used up.

second, i can't tell if wendy as johnny and webber as jimmy was weird, or the best thing ever. now the ony question remains: who would the eds be?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mewthemew said:
  1. first off, you're very welcome for drawing the pig times drawing. i ended up drawing craig and that merm once. but i lost the drawing in one of my old sketchbooks i already used up.
  2. second, i can't tell if wendy as johnny and webber as jimmy was weird, or the best thing ever. now the ony question remains: who would the eds be?
  1. I think I saw you drawing them but you could probably continue exploring them. Might be interesting seeing what other capers/cons they do.
  2. Probably Wilson, Woodie, and Wes?:wilson_ecstatic:

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:
  1. I think I saw you drawing them but you could probably continue exploring them. Might be interesting seeing what other capers/cons they do.
  2. Probably Wilson, Woodie, and Wes?:wilson_ecstatic:

ye, i'll try to think of more things. perhaps the merm breaks him out of prison?

mmmhhh i dunno....works better if they were in a different order though. because wilson would be an awesome double d.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:
  1.  (forgive me, the box glitch appearead AGAIN >.> 3 times in 2 months, geez. wont even let me git rid of the 1.). naw, maxwell would defnetely be kevin. weadon would make a great eddy, though. OH! perhaps.......wolfgang for ed?
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2016 at 1:50 AM, Quoth143 said:

ahoge.png

On 8/16/2016 at 3:59 AM, Mobbstar said:

Oh dear! That was quite a...

696qbqgi.jpg

Jump-scare (pronounce as jumphair)

20160923p1-Wilson tries standup.png

Wilson tries stand up but only falls down in his effort. ariel ID face.png

The idea of even playing around with the meme while combining both comments just inspired me. Though I'm a little miffed the execution lead to disjointed panels.

On 8/16/2016 at 10:01 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

Albert Badge.png

20160923p4-Respect in the badge.png

I finally got this idea I wanted to get done in a long while. It came out great! Hard to believe I made this but I did it. Big kudos to both Quoth for the character Albert and Aileen for the badge design and color scheme. I tried to toy around with pupils this time around. There's this thing in eyes where they have these black-ish crevices to give definition to the eyes. My first try into this technique didn't go as I planned but I'll keep experimenting further into the future.

On 8/21/2016 at 1:53 AM, Aileen-Rose said:

Reminder.png

interrupting the service announcement.png

http://movie-sounds.org/quotes/sballs/Everybody-got-that.mp3

Not attacking my buddies. Just a little fun response piece to their serious service announcement. I respect their request and I understand that their partnership is important. Never thought of myself as Rick Moranis but Oh welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

On 8/21/2016 at 1:33 AM, Aileen-Rose said:
On 8/21/2016 at 1:21 AM, DragonMage156 said:
On 8/21/2016 at 1:19 AM, minespatch said:
On 8/21/2016 at 1:12 AM, Storm137 said:

When the Green Ranger decides to get over his fear of Beefalo

Albert? :wilson_sneaky:@Quoth143

I didn't know Albert had a fear of beefalo :p

On 8/21/2016 at 4:26 PM, DragonMage156 said:
On 8/21/2016 at 1:35 AM, minespatch said:

They are freaking terrifying during mating season. :wilson_laugh:

Not unless you have a beefalo hat... or not get too close.

I think the more important question is when did Albert become a freaking power ranger?

On 8/21/2016 at 2:20 AM, Quoth143 said:

heh.png

To be fair, beefalo are mean buggers during mating season.

taunting albert.png

How low can I go~ How Low can I go~

Poor Albert. :wilson_sneaky:

Anyways, I've never drawn the beefalo hat before, so here's my first chance at one. With also replying to Albert's miffed frustration. I'll get my comeuppance soon. Eventually. Whenever it happens.

• Like 6