Molasses instead of Honey from Evil Flowers

I remember seeing a post on my Tumblr where someone placed their bee box in a circle of evil flowers and how they were scared it would make the honey would spawn faces or something and I started thinking. What if, when bees harvested more from evil flowers than good flowers, they ended up producing molasses instead of honey? Honey in the game has all types of benefits from healing properties, to major sanity raising food; molasses on the other hand is just sticky and is actually a by-product of refining sugar cane or sugar beets.

You could make new foods that while they're great for sanity, work like taffy and hurt the player's health. You could make shoofly pie and molasses cookies using it. 

4 hours ago, SapphireBullets said:

You could use it as the monster food entry for sweetener, similar to monster meat, durian and jellyfish.

Though for an evil sweetener I'd go with High Fructose Scorn Syrup.

The reason I say molasses is partially because of how it looks aesthetically, in fact it's also called black treacle in some places, and it made me think of it as the opposite of honey color wise. 

Archived