[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

11 minutes ago, Dannyrulx said:

(In case you haven't seen the prep thread, Mythril is part dæmon. Not Demon,  dæmon, there's a difference.)

(We can cross that bridge when we get to it.)

(I could also make you part Albae what would give you pretty dope shadowmagic and would fit perfectly to the type of Assasin the Shadow Dancer is supposed to be)

Grell was not a gladiator by choice... rather, he was thrust upon the world with with death following him... the night his mother and father were slaughtered by wolves as they traversed the wilderness in search of food, she took it upon himself to take up his father's sword and with tears in his eyes, kill the vile beasts that robbed him of love and family.

Growing up as an orphan in the wilderness is never easy... and when winter struck, he had nothing but the hounds to sustain him... though, they alone would not suffice... his beloved mother and father kept him alive even after their passing...

With the guilt and sorrow in his heart, winter felt even colder... the pelts of the hounds served as warmth and their teeth and bones served as his tools...

Years passed and life as a warrior seemed fitting... for violence was a commodity as it seems, and orphans with no proper upbringing had no other choice... the life of a brute was all he could lead... the anger and remorse of his past drive his will ti survive... and his sword though his enemies...

Years of killing served him well, his body was now a towering wall, his so muscles thick that arrows do not pierce... callous all over his body, strengthen his defenses... the wolf pelt that reminds him of his loss, hanging on his head like a shroud... an axe, a hammer, and a spear head, fashioned from hardened wolf bones hang on his belt, weapons he often use to inflict more pain on his enemies... pain pays especially on the arena...

O__O

(posted in the other thread... whoops <.<)

(The reason I'm so eager for skills, is that I have SO MANY ideas! Here's a few:)

(Midnight; The Dancer grabs the shadows and magnifies them, darkening the area and increasing his power. The darker it is the more effective this is.)

(Sillhouete; The Dancer always seems to be just out of sword reach, but it is, I fact, a shadow. The darker it is, the more effective this is.)

(Waltz; One moment the dancer is infront, the next, you have Rosa planted in your back. Waltz allows the Dancer to effectively teleport, as long as he is in shade, and so is his target location.)

(Passive; The night of the long knives; (look up the real event, it wasn't pleasant.) The darker it is, the more dangerous the Dancer becomes. In light, he is normal, in darkness, he becomes a pure predator.)

(I have waaaaaaaaaaaaay more ideas.)

(At this point I'm tempted to just say that you guys either write them down or PM me skills and I look over them and suggest changes if they are to powerfull. Cause reading some things just shows that I'm a wee but less creative with them :D . You know what this sounds a lot better cause this way you play more like the char you want instead of me having to much control in character creation.)

(Basic weapon skills: (Excluding hitting people with his swords.)

(Coup de grace; when a target is on low health, or otherwise incapacitated, it takes very little to end their lives. A simple stroke of a knife is all it takes... (Instantly kills a low-health enemy, can only be used once per fight.)

(Cripple; knees, elbows, groin and nose. Despite his delicate fighting style, he is most definitely not an honourable fighter. (Stuns/slows an enemy.)

(Passive; the Twins: Lethal dæmon-forged blades, Mythril twin blades are named 

Spoiler

after his two late sisters.

As deadly as they are beautiful, the blades are equally deadly against undead as the living, and should a caster be cut with them, they'll make it much harder for him to cast.)

(Multi-throw; three blades are thrown in an instant, whistling dowards an enemy as brutal speeds, often hitting more than one opponent. Expect much twirling of weaponry and ego-inflation should this hard-to-land attack kill an opponent.

(YET MOOOOOOOOOOORE!!)

(Black whetstone; the Dancer uses the darkness to bolster his weaponry, increasing it's power and sharpness. The glint of this ability is often the last thing people see.)

(Shadow Hands; This ability can materialise in multiple ways;)

(Suppresse; hands pin an enemy to the ground, although leave them standing. The enemy is then easy pickings for the assassin or his allies.)

(Disarm; A hand whisks away the weapon held in the target's hands, leaving them offensess.)

(Trip; the target is tripped over by a hand. Nothing elaborate, move along.) 

(Ok, that's all for now. Tell me if any seem OP.)

(Wow, FINALLYYY I can reply! Sorry it took so long, I spent like, more than one hour on making the drawing. At least it'll be worth it...?

I'm also having problems with the name too. I'll call him Eye for now (you can refer to him as "the bowblade holder"))

The blades are red and black, same for the scarf and the symbol on his sweatunic (sweater/tunic). The string for the bow reels in when the blades are connected.

He has a chainmail under the sweatunic and his pants are made of a tighter and lighter sweatunic + cloth.

And now, for the actual introduction)

Eye finally got all the dust out of his clothes, weapons and googles. 

Looking around and at his group, he finally decides to say something. He never was a man who enjoyed talking more than it was needed to.

"If everyone is ready, I say we should choose a direction. The earlier we  leave, the better it is." <Many have died here. The walls witnessed their last breaths...>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

His class: Bowblade

His appearance: 

image.jpeg  

<3

"Actually if the last group went that way, if there are enemies, following that path will lead us to already weakened foes. And..." *quieter* "Maybe the last group had something of value with them."

Spoiler

Juggernaut: The Steam Knight harnesses the power of steam and pistons not only to assist with moving her armour, but to provide boosts of speed to quickly close the distance between her and her target. Cooldown: two turns

FALCON PISTON PAUNCH!!!: Steam and pistons come into play again, putting considerable force behing metal fist slamming into an opponent's face, ribs, anywhere really. Usable twice in a row before a one turn cooldown.

Tony: The pipes aren't there just for decoration. Similar to the piston punch, steam propels this huge chunk of metal through anything in it's path. You may say Tony is a one trick pony, but with a trick this deadly, sometimes one is all you need. Usable three times in a row before a one turn cooldown.

Stark: The Steam Knight's six chambered revolving pistol, equipped with a supply of special bullets:

• Armor piercing: exactly what it sounds like. These bullets have an easier time getting through tough armor
  • Explosion bullets: these come packed with a little surprise at the tip, adding explosives to injury
  • Holy bullets: these are crafted with blessed metals, making them extra effective against the undead
  • Silver bullets: Werecreatures have been relatively uncommon in Steam Knight's adventures, but it never hurts to be prepared. They work just as well as regular bullets too.
  • HELP I'VE RAN OUT OF BULLET IDEAS

FLYING PISTON PUNCH!!!!!: If the situation is dire, the Steam Knight can send her metal clove flying like a rocket through whatever she aims it at. This, however, burns her hand and arm, leaves that part of her body exposed, and effects how well she can weild Tony. Cooldown: until she can get and reattach her glove(s)

(I hope these powers are acceptable. Also, just my advice Danny, I would do away with the shadow hands. You already have a good amount of instakill/hard to dodge attacks. Adding immobilization and disarming abilities on top of that pushes it over the edge IMO.

Also her name is Miles now. Deal with it.)

Miles would have replied sooner, but she was still doubled over in semi-silent laughter over the Cryobarian's appearance. She tried to open her mouth to reply a couple times only to have to choke down laughter. She eventually got a hold of herself and straightened up. "*ahem* Yeah, we should probably pick a direction now. We can't be sure that the previous party fell to foes though. There might be a trap down that way."

"Ah ah ah! Let us not be too hasty. Have a seat, have some tea, and let us discuss this calmly. The best choice is the wisest and most well thought out."

A bunch of tentacle chairs appeared for everybody while Pundolf was boiling floating water for tea.

"That's true, Miles. Still, it would be possible, if the corpses are still there, to determine the kind of trap, and where they are. Other directions might be full of traps too. But from what we know, the other groups may have taken the other directions and died there, so what I said for that direction...may be applied to the others too."  

Rhi interrupts his lute-playing. "The Bowblade speaks the truth, we can't say no to free equipment! Still, chances are chances, everyone. I also agree with our Sea friend here, the two most powerful warriors are patience and time!", he continues check the walls for any hidden passage. "I'll look around in the meantime.", he says as he idly pinches a few strings of his lute, using his tail to touch the walls from time to time.

(The hands are actually his only pin. Cripple slows. I see what you mean though. I'll refine my abilities later.)

"I've got the stool, no thanks for the tentacles..." He snorted, clearly desperately trying not to burst out laughing at Cryobarbarian, and only somewhat accomplishing his goal. "If you guys don't mind, I'm going to add a touch of shade to this place. Oh, and I'd prefer that if you happen to have any abilities that illuminate the area, tell me before they land? Thanks in advance."

The Cryobarian (who will be referred to as "Vanilla Freeze" until I get a better name) raises his hand.  "Pretty much everything I do causes a burst of blue magical light, is that going to be a problem?"

(Some abilities I guess)

Equipment related:

Equip googles- accuracy increased by a lot (his standard accuracy is not the best as he is slightly myopic. (Not the best for a bowblade...Was considered weak and lazy from his clan, as he didn't try hard enough)

Bow to blades transaction- the string is long and isn't in tension when the blades are not connected: he's free to swing them as normal blades. When the two  handles are connected, the string is reeled in: it is now usable as a bow.

Bow related:

Spoiler

Shoot!- uses one of the arrows in his quiver for a long ranged attack (just a normal bow and arrow attack). His quiver has 9 arrows. Each arrow has a 5% chance to break if it hits a target with no armour and doesn't kill it (in case it does get killed, the arrow won't break); 10% chance to break if it hits the target IF said target has armour; and a 25% chance to break if it misses and hits a wall

Judgement arrow- The bow's string reeling mechanism can be used to make the string more tense (I'm not sure if tense is the right word). Using the bow like this will make the arrow deal more damage and pierce through the enemy if the attack kills said enemy. Using this ability will break the arrow and consume mana(?).

-more to add in the future, possibly elemental attacks-

Blades related: 

Spoiler

Other then swinging them, he can also do some cool tricks. Named in Italian because reasons.

Piroetta- Area damage. He spins with his blades held in opposite directions. 

Sventramento- The blades are held in the same direction, long blade up. He swings at the enemy holding them side to side (making contact with the knuckles).

Sventramento superiore- same as the previous attack, but the string is first tossed around the head of the enemy. The string is reeled in as he lifts the blades, and when the enemy is directly in front of him, he slices down. Risky move as it gets you really close to the enemy and you are unable to escape too, but almost a certain instakill if it succeeds.

Ascesa- a secret technique exclusive to his clan. He charges his mana (do we have mana?) jumps, while spinning as in the "Piroetta" attack. The attack will extend to a wider range as air-blades are sent around him. Has a chance to daze the enemy for 3 seconds (25%), has a chance to daze himself for 2 seconds (25%).

-more to add in the future, possibly elemental attacks-

String related:

Spoiler

The bowblade string is nearly indestructible. Therefore it can be used to choke people. A death caused by this is known as "Esecuzione". 

He may also want to cut the strangled enemy with the blades as it slowly dies.

Archived