[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

"I suppose I'll see when it's necessary," she said, turning to Pundolf. "If this is the case, then I'll just have to try my best. I do not wish for an extra weapon of any kind, I think I can blow a kiss far enough with an injured leg." The corners of Jasmine's jaws expelled a short burst of poison gas, not enough to harm, but noticeable to the naked eye. She walked closer to Jordan. "Did I catch your gaze on my robes? They are quite nice, aren't they?" 

1 hour ago, MenaAthena said:

(Should we maybe wait for the others to get themselves introduced?)

(Yeah, I won't make any actions.)

(I'll stick to chatting.)

"Normally, I'd be happy to see a kiss whistling towards me. Figures I'd find someone who can perform a venom kiss..." He sat down, a simple stool out of shadows curling around him. "What? He got a chair, so why the hell can't I sit down?"

(I had to post this to define my character completely: race, name, that stuff; sorry)

Rhi-Rhi the Kobold Harlequin, or "Harley" as the Shadow Dancer called him, sat down and waited, setting his sickle aside, since not everyone was ready to start the wonderful adventure. He smiled as the jittery little dragonkin he was and closed his eyes to nonchalantly perform a melody with his lute, indefinitely, adding a bit of atmosphere:

Spoiler

(Gonna make it a demon hunter)

After a few moments Jacket, the Demoniker, while preparing his stuff he said: "Well, we (I) came to this dungeon for one reason: To kill the master demon(?) that may lurk in the insides of this place. As a team we shall fight together against the countless monsters that will be on our path!" He then took off his hodie "I will destroy every demon that made me into this monster.... I shall exterminate every single one of them."

"Oh, and Y, can you play some Iron Maiden?"

"Hey! When Rhi's playing classical, let him play classical! His power ballads are..." He touched a gloved finger to his chin, thinking of a comparison.

"Imagine... No wait, that's too specific..."

"Imagine... No, wait, too vague..."

"Imagine... No, that only applies to magic users..."

"Imagine... No, that would only work in a parallel universe (How am I aware of these exactly?! Did Rosa hack through the fourth wall?")

"Look, just wait until he plays the goddamn power ballad."

The Alchemist was quite short, and due to the immense weight of the large alchemical basin he carried on his back, he was hunched over—doing his stature no favor. Every inch of his body was concealed to some extent, and it made determining his race, as well as gender, quite the challenge. His face for example was hidden behind a skull-and-crossbones-looking gas mask. Extensive consumption of unstable potions had melted away most of the skin below his nose leaving nothing more than his vile colored teeth and long stringy flesh holding it all together. Bags clung to the bottom of his seemingly always wide open eyes which were always an irritated shade of red. 

More so, extensive amounts of tubing ran along his body—most noticeably from the back of his hands to his wrists, the heel of his feet to his ankles, and around his shoulders. Absurdly long gloves and boots extended out to protect his skin from any splashes, accompanied by a long exaggerated lab garment. If there was a pocket or the tiniest of crevice then they were most likely filled with vials. Yes, vials littered every nook and cranny on and inside his clothing. Even his gloves and boots contained vials. In fact, the tips of his gloves were vials—or syringes rather. His only weaponry were his potions and a small mist gun that connected to the basin via tubing. Most odd of all, however, were the metal bracers attached around the base of both arms, legs, and neck. Each and every one could be tightened manually. Their purpose was simple: to prevent certain substances from flowing through his bloodstream.

(Now to think of a name x_x. Going with Quentin)

(quick concept sketch of the mask, the x- goggle-like things can flip open)

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Dannyrulx said:

(Anyone else think of those gas mask bustards from that prison book?)

Front_cover_of_the_Alexander_Gordon_Smit

This one?! THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK

THIS IS WHAT I BASED MY CARTOON OFF OF IM OSRRY EVERYONE ILOVE THHSS BOOK

All of a sudden, a nearly deafening explosion rang out right above the group's heads, though it seemed to do nothing dangerous besides make an incredibly loud sound. The culprit rushed towards the group, a guilty look plastered on his face.

"Aw, crap! Sorry, wrong one." The bombardier, who had told everyone to call him Hammerhead, smiled apologetically and scratched the back of his neck, laughing uneasily. "That was meant to be a firework. It'd have looked real cool, promise. Grabbed a noisemaker instead. Oops... And, er, sorry I'm late." With one final chuckle, he shrugged, seemingly dismissing the issue.

The first notable thing about the bombardier was not Hammerhead himself, but the haphazardly forged grenade launcher slung over his shoulder. It seemed to be made of spare parts hastily taped and strapped together, and seemed like a rather untrustworthy thing to be used to handle explosives. It wasn't enormous, and he seemed to be able to carry it with ease.

Additionally, Hammerhead had multiple satchels and large pockets either strapped to his jacket or hung over his shoulders. Presumably, there were explosives in there. His clothes were practically completely darkened with gunpowder and slightly charred. He wore some sort of jacket-vest over his shirt, which had four pockets on each side, all of them full.

Hammerhead himself was relatively short and relatively thin, but nothing outstanding. His black hair was charred in places, making it uneven and untidy. His face had several burn marks as well as a thin layer of gunpowder. Black markings were carelessly plastered on his face in a war-paint fashion, in stripes along his cheeks and under his eyes. He wore a pair of thick blast goggles as well as a rather cheerful smile for someone who had just detonated the wrong bomb above a group of people.

Jordan notice the bombardier, startled by the loud firework/bomb s/he set off "Aloha, um were you hiding after we all floated down? Or did it take you a little bit to get down here? Well anyway here have a snackbar"

(I had to I'm sorry)

(Thx exams)

From the entrance emerges a hulking, menacing figure.  A cold wind rushes down the corridor as he walks down it, his boots leading frozen footprints on the stone ground.  A few snowflakes are caught in the wind and swirl to the floor, even though it is not snowing outside.  While only visible as a silhouette, a wide array of weapons could be seen; hand axes, tomahawks, throwing axes...anything that was large, dangerous looking, and ended in "axe" was in his arsenal.  Slung across his back was the crowning jewel of his armory; a massive double-edged axe, almost as long as the Cryobarian was tall, and with axeheads the size of stop signs.  It was a simple weapon, with no adornments or carvings; but it didn't need any.  The imposing figure steps into the light...

"Oh, come ON, Jasmine!  You chickened out on the duck onesie thing?!?!?"  He complains.  "Now I just look silly in this spider thing."

(Soto, please don't take this the wrong way, but I really think you should wait until Mr.P confirms what your character's class actually is before making a backstory and everything for them. We haven't gotten a description for your class is, and it might not end up being a demon hunter.

I would also suggest asking P if he would add the demon your hunting to the encounter or something like that. This is P's dungeon after all, and he hasn't said anything about it being where demons come from. For all we know he could be cool with it, but it's his roleplay, his dungeon, and his rules. You need to ask permission from him to add to or change anything about it.

Pleasedonthateme)

(On an unrelated note, my character's name is probably going to change if that's okay. Probably going to be Miles. We'll see in the morning cause I'm going to bed now.)

Archived