Such Art

Battal

Polls!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which game did you like/were the most interested in?

• End of Time
    • Everything you Touch Dies
    • Heartless Skies

(copied from my GMC post cause lazy)

[IMG]

I've been spending the last few days working on an engine for an action game I'm planning to make in the future. My main focus for this was creating a satisfying and fluid movement system that feels satisfying, responsive, and fun. Personally, I'm pretty proud of it so far, but I'm not exactly an unbiased opinion and I'd like some feedback before I continue.

This quick proof-of-concept contains a short intro level and a "boss" which is pretty much just there so you can test what it's like to dodge attacks. It isn't a full game at all, there isn't a win state or really any goal, it's just for testing purposes. That said, if you do enjoy it or see any problems, feel free to say so!

Controls:

WASD to move around, space to jump, RMB to dodgeroll (which makes you immune to projectiles).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz246ivrkb5yzzd/Platformer Proof-Of-Concept.exe?dl=0

bishop_crippled.png

He denied the Oppressor's offer of power, and for this he payed dearly.  His hammer, the weapon of his choice, was fused to his hands, an eternal reminder of his actions.  Because of the weapon's massive weight, he was slowly crippled, and entrapped within the Oppressor's seat of power.  He would be its servant forever, a broken shell of who he once was.

VPXn4ka.png

It towers over all, twice as tall as a man, an unholy being of cloth and scraps of armor.  None have seen under its visage, but it is undoubtedly more horrible than one could imagine.  Even worse, the terrifying sentinel wields the storms themselves as effortlessly as any weapon, electrocuting any who are brave - or foolish - enough to challenge it.

Archived