Such Art

Battal

Polls!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which game did you like/were the most interested in?

• End of Time
    • Everything you Touch Dies
    • Heartless Skies

So, on the stream today I brought up the idea of compiling all my art and stuff into one easily accessible thread, instead of just scattering it across the forum.  A lot of people (2) thought this was a good idea, and so I went ahead and made it.  I'll divide this up into multiple posts, each one with its own topic.  Each subtopic will be in (approximated) chronological order, to show my "progression as an artist".  So with that out of the way, let's get started!

Subpost 1: Misc Art

This is art that was either made randomly or that I felt didn't deserve its own subpost.  Pretty much just random stuff.  This won't be in chronological order, because with most of it I can't remember where it was from.

Spoiler

kavaedra.png

Creepy cave monster thing.

Spoiler

pumpkin_construct.png

Pumpkin Construct, an old concept for an old boss.  Scrapped for being lame, replaced with much better design.

Spoiler

Deerclops.png

Deerclops from a really ancient art thread of mine.  Hands and arms ripped directly from original sprite sheet.  Effort?

Spoiler

Watcher.png

A random Shadow Watcher.

Watcher_Writing.png

Alt version from when I fancied myself an "author" and made this my school profile pic.

Spoiler

The Eldritch.png

Secondary antagonist from an alternate Shadowfall thread that never got off the ground.

Spoiler

Sketch9518535.png

Instead of a basketball with legs, this is what Vilsig was originally going to climb out of the cave looking like.  Then I realized "that's terrifying" and changed his design.  No idea what I'm talking about?  Too bad :3

Spoiler

mArTYn.png

Another boss design I made.  Eventually turned into the Amalgamated Deity. 

Spoiler

vilsig_hunter.png

vilsig_humanoid.png

Two other forms for Vilsig.

Spoiler

battalvsshadow.png

The antagonist of Shadowfall facing down the protagonist.  ****ty villain, awesome design.

The original:

post-223117-0-27394500-1400355157_thumb.

And the awesome version by @Willette:

desktoped.jpg

Spoiler

I suck at landscapes.png

My first attempt at a landscape.

Spoiler

And finally, the first version of my characte -

godawful fanart.jpg

OH GOD OH GOD MY EYES KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT

Next subpost incoming once I recover from making this one.

redhole_carving.png

Subpost 2 - Wave after Wave

The epic high seas adventure that, if you think about it, doesn't actually have any "sailing" in it.  This one IS in chronological order.

Spoiler

Meritursas

meritursas.png

Everyone's favorite exposition-spewing snake monster crushed by feelings of loneliness and guilt over all the people he's killed!  He hides it well, though, so I can avoid all that pesky character development.  Here's the first time we see his original design.

Spoiler

meritursas_full.png

This is the full version of his original design.

Spoiler

meritursas_new.png

I later changed his design to this vastly superior one. 

(And no, he's not a shadow monster, silly.  This is before I started bothering with shading.)

Spoiler

Waterfall Ruins

ruins.png

These seemingly peaceful ruins house an ancient evil, a terrible secret, and a monstrous power that could destroy the entire multiverse They have worked so hard to create...

But no, it won't have any bearing on the plot whatsoever.

Spoiler

Totally Normal Island

tursai_corpse.png

Just don't try to dig or anything.  Also, if you're wondering why the water isn't flat, it's because they just happen to be in a whirlpool.  A 100% natural whirlpool.

Spoiler

Tursai Bones

tursaibones.png

What could have killed all these giant monsters?

Spoiler

Niellatursas

niellatursas.png

Meritursas's "girlfriend"  (I have to keep using that inaccurate term because you guys wouldn't let me explain Tursai relationships -_-) whom he is too afraid to break up with.  Mainly because she's about seven thousand feet long and create enormous whirlpools by breathing.  And because all those bones were previous "suitors".

Spoiler

Tursai Pals!

tursai pals.png

The hit family TV show!

Spoiler

meritursas+boat.png

Me trying to explain that Meritursas carries the ship around in his mouth, something that still hasn't caught on yet after countless reminders and artworks.  Wth guys.

Spoiler

Brutal, horrific storm of death

meritursail.gif

What a storm!  How will our heroes ever survive?!?!?!

stormy.png

There, that's much more manageable.

Character Art

Spoiler

Trevor.png

Here's Trevor, YouKnowWho's character.  He's a homeless fisherman who can only catch sardines.  I chose him as my testing dummy for learning how to draw humanoids because he's never been drawn before, so it would've been hard to disappoint.

jaw and wiffle.png

Here's Jaw, Wiffleball, and The Parasite.  One's a silly goofball with a heart of gold, and the other's a living plush rabbit who only wants to bring cheer into a little girl's heart.

Ţhe ̸ot̴h̶er͜ ̶o̡ne̷'s̨ a m͠anipu̕lat͠i͝v̶e ̛psychop̶a̛thic̡ ̧e̴n̡ti͠t̡y̴ ẃho͝ ͠would ͝kill eith̸e͘r̶ of͘ ́ţhe̵m ju͟s̀t for ͏th҉e̕ pl̢e͏a̕s̨u͢re...if ͏t҉he͞y ͟weren̷'̡t ͜hís̛ p͡a͝wns.

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

So what is the plot of Wave after Wave (really sorry for asking that. Here let me limit it down) Is it like DS SW? (Before SW came out?)

It's a SW RP. It very loosely follows the main plot of any other DS RP. Collect the Things, escape island.

Here's Meritursas's mom/siblings.

mom of the year.png

I used some techniques I learned from Lipton's art streams, like doing a rough sketch and adding texture with preexisting images.  The image I chose for this one?

Spoiler

potatocp.jpg

Archived