4 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

I wouldn't hug a pot that's above fire. Seems kind of dangerous.

Your Charlie drawings are adorable!

Perhaps Willow taught Warly a thing or two about fire resistance. :rolleyes:

Also thanks for the new desktop background @9screamingkittens:wilson_love:

Edited by GiddyGuy

On 5/27/2016 at 2:49 AM, minespatch said:

Have you in any chance read the Umbrella Academy? This particular piece here makes me think of Gabriel Ba's work. Though maybe I'm wrong. It's wonderful how traditional this looks for a digital piece. Love the eyes. No wonder you use it for your avatar.

:wilson_goodjob:

I haven't heard of it till now but it looks interesing so I'm gonna check it out when I get the chance, thanks!

On 5/27/2016 at 7:10 AM, Mobbstar said:

I wouldn't hug a pot that's above fire. Seems kind of dangerous.

Your Charlie drawings are adorable!

I guess that's why it's not a very desirable option. ;~;

On 5/27/2016 at 11:22 AM, GiddyGuy said:

Perhaps Willow taught Warly a thing or two about fire resistance. :rolleyes:

Also thanks for the new desktop background @9screamingkittens:wilson_love:

No prob bob I'm happy to make stuff for the fandom :love_heart:

• Like 4

You're extraordinarily skilled at establishing mood with color and lighting. Factoring in your wonderful grasp on gesture and expression, it creates very powerful and visually pleasing works.

It's always a treat to see your art, they strike me as having a great deal of passion and hard work behind them. :wilson_goodjob:

• Like 3

It's not just the colours... There's a stream of fish in the background, as black lines reach out for Walani. There's sparkles and outlines around Wickerbottom, lighting up and diming or evolving like ideas. A nebula between clean science and dark magic, distincly separate from the uneasingly black roots and shadows on the floor and farther away from her inspiring book.

Not many artists bother to make a properly fitting background, but you even amend and refine the drawing with it.

• Like 4

What I love about the Wickerbottom piece is the earthly tones make it seem like she's under the earth. Studying her craft. Though the earth pallet you used is really colorful, kind of inventive in your experimentation.

The Walani piece is subtle. I like the sense of dread in the pallet you used.

SOOO....PREEETTTYY...all of it.  This is the kind of fanart that makes me embarrassed to try my own.  I mean that in a _nice_ way, though. 

(I haven't yet been in the Don't Starve fandom for all that long, so I'm not sure really what style I want to try to draw in, for starters.  Kinda-sorta like the original, a blend of that and my own more scribbly style, or my more "formal" style with the clean, thin lines and cell-shading?  Not sure.)

But seriously, WOW.  I _so_ wish I could draw half this well.  All of this stuff is damn gorgeous.

...Notorious

15 hours ago, Doc_Clockwork said:

It's always a treat to see your art, they strike me as having a great deal of passion and hard work behind them. :wilson_goodjob:

thanks! I do love this game a lot so I wanna show it somehow, be it through art

11 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

I liked your post, then unliked it so I could like it again.

IT'S JUST SO PRETTYYYYYYYYYYY

hax. thank u

5 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Not many artists bother to make a properly fitting background, but you even amend and refine the drawing with it.

Thanks! I try my best cause backgrounds are hardddd but can improve an image so much so I try not to give up on them

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

What I love about the Wickerbottom piece is the earthly tones make it seem like she's under the earth....

o I'm glad! it fits the witch aesthetic perfectly

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

SOOO....PREEETTTYY...all of it.  This is the kind of fanart that makes me embarrassed to try my own.  I mean that in a _nice_ way, though. 

(I haven't yet been in the Don't Starve fandom for all that long, so I'm not sure really what style I want to try to draw in, for starters.  Kinda-sorta like the original, a blend of that and my own more scribbly style, or my more "formal" style with the clean, thin lines and cell-shading?  Not sure.)

But seriously, WOW.  I _so_ wish I could draw half this well.  All of this stuff is damn gorgeous.

...Notorious

Hey - don't worry, there's no stepping backwards in art, even that is considered moving forward. You can do all sorts of things at once so you don't get bored, too. To me the most difficult thing is drawing with anatomical refs, I never bother and it looks wonky af sometimes

As for my first don't starve fanart piece, this is it. tumblr_nr38p2Bogb1r5wuzpo1_500.png

And it's bad. But that's okay cause I had fun making it and that's the most important part of it :) I had a silly idea and I was like, hell, I just wanna draw it and forget about it, someone might find it amusing in some way, maybe. It might seem really hopeless at first but that's really okay. Just keep going and keep being you and eventually both you and your art will shape themselves into something Cool™

Sorry for the long post :wilson_blush:

• Like 11

Oh, like _I_ don't do that.  (with the long posts.)  : P  And hey--to Willow, something made by FIRE _would_ be romantic!

Technically my first Don't Starve fanart has already been done--in a way.  I've made some of the characters as Sims!  (In Sims 3, 'cos in that one you can customise the crap out of EVERYTHING.   Also, Create-A-Sim has a "make a twin" option and there are playable ghosts...)  I need to get some decent screenshots, although I'm not quite sure that would count as fanart _enough_. Effort was definitely involved, though.  (Sim-Wigfrid alone gave me FITS.  A Viking helmet--no, the right _kind_, it has to have wings! braids that don't have cutesy ribbons and that are down low, not high up on the head...leather armour...then her hair was poking through the helmet so I had to track down that hat-resizing mod...)

ANYway.  I'm'a experiment around, see what I come up with style-wise.  I seem to not be able to quite wrap my brain around the actual Don't Starve art style, so I might as well go whole-hog and give the girls non-blank eyes and use non-scribbly lines.  Heh.

...Notorious

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I've made some of the characters as Sims!  (In Sims 3, 'cos in that one you can customise the crap out of EVERYTHING.   Also, Create-A-Sim has a "make a twin" option and there are playable ghosts...)  I need to get some decent screenshots, although I'm not quite sure that would count as fanart _enough_. Effort was definitely involved, though.  (Sim-Wigfrid alone gave me FITS.  A Viking helmet--no, the right _kind_, it has to have wings! braids that don't have cutesy ribbons and that are down low, not high up on the head...leather armour...then her hair was poking through the helmet so I had to track down that hat-resizing mod...)

Ooh, I'd like to see that :)

And aw, that Willowson pic ^_^

• Like 1

Mwahaha.  Well, I don't have good in-game pictures of many of them _yet_ (I've played quite a bit with Sim-Willow on her "wilderness lot"...but now that I go back over the screenshots, most of them were showing off the pretty scenery and not focusing on the actual character!) but I've got a couple decent ones of Wilson.  I've got Wendy, Abigail (as a ghost), Wigfrid and Charlie made, but haven't actually played them yet.  (Charlie is a weird one.  In still shots she looks wrong and too old (I suddenly saw Regina from "Once Upon a Time" and _couldn't unsee it_) but the second she starts doing those goofy, super-expressive Simish...expressions, she looks EXACTLY LIKE her "A New Reign" self.  It is freaky.)

Some of the characters are obviously not going to work, aka Webber.  Not _necessarily_ WX-78...I have the "Into the Future" expansion pack, and with that, you can make robots.

CUSTOMISABLE robots.

...mwahaha?  ;)

...Notorious

• Like 1

Spoiler
On 5/28/2016 at 0:26 PM, 9screamingkittens said:

sorta full.png

I still can't stop coming back here and looking at how beautifully made this is, and the cat's cute too. x3

Spoiler
On 5/29/2016 at 3:56 AM, 9screamingkittens said:

tumblr_nr38p2Bogb1r5wuzpo1_500.png

I think that's pretty cute, and really good for your first don't starve drawing. c:

On 5/28/2016 at 10:26 PM, Mobbstar said:

There's sparkles and outlines around Wickerbottom

I do believe the word you're looking for is glamorous. ;)

inb4 @Asparagus comes in with mettabottom.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 9screamingkittens said:

I had a long busy week! Or two, I can't remember anymore )): Anyway, don't wanna neglect the thread, so a pair of warmups it is

i promise.png

;-; <3

8 hours ago, 9screamingkittens said:

I had a long busy week! Or two, I can't remember anymore )): Anyway, don't wanna neglect the thread, so a pair of warmups it is

i promise.png

;-; <3

• Like 1