10 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

@Selenne, this thread is marvellous.

Quick? It's brilliant. I adore the fact you picked a realistic style for this. I don't see it that often when it comes to DS, a shame. I like the shading of her shoes very much as well as the gloves and the general gown and jacket design. Her expression is positively wicked. Abigail is ethereal as she ought to be, oh, and a shadow creature!

Can't help finding the last one cute.

One question, the flowing lines behind Wendy and (I think) in front of Abigail... Wendy's hair or Abigail tendrils?

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Wendy and Willow give me feels, and Willow being decidedly happier in the wilderness than Wilson is great.

Not sloppy. You come closer to the scribbly DS style like in the trailers, yet keep it more harmonious and realistic. I like it a lot. I'd love more Charlotte in your works!

Oh yes... I wouldn't mess up with these twins.

(Bonus points for the general sense of fall and decay.)

WEBBER!!!

Adorable as always. @Fortie must see this. The shadows and the spider den are fantastic as well.

I like this very much in spite of not being into anthropomorphic canines. For me, it's the rose and the shading of the ground which does it. I wouldn't mess up with Wictoria either :p.

omg such a long comment!! thank you!! i dont get much of those these days.

i overdid a bit that sketch of wendy, and there are both hair and abigail.. tendrils laughs. darker lines are hair, and those lighter, flowing lines are abigail.

i'm glad you like my artstyle ;v; i like the simplicity of ds style, but it's hard to get the proportions right, so i just experiment

to be honest, i dont like anthro much myself. my friend inspired me to make wictoria, and she is technically a werewolf/werehound, but i wanted to keep her simple so its easy and quick to draw her. and yeah she just looks like generic anthro

thank you for kind words!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Selenne said:

omg such a long comment!! thank you!! i dont get much of those these days.

Oh, really? Are you not used to long comments? Well, mine isn't actually long. I only highlighted what I liked best.

i overdid a bit that sketch of wendy, and there are both hair and abigail.. tendrils laughs. darker lines are hair, and those lighter, flowing lines are abigail.

I don't think you overdid, but outdid it ;).

and yeah she just looks like generic anthro

I wouldn't say generic anthro... See, she has no oversized mammary glands, no blinding pink/purple/blue fur, no tattoos... and God bless you for that :p!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

Oh, really? Are you not used to long comments? Well, mine isn't actually long. I only highlighted what I liked best.

yeah, I post my art online since mid 2009 and i get like 1-2 comments per drawing. if i get any at all i mean

1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

I wouldn't say generic anthro... See, she has no oversized mammary glands, no blinding pink/purple/blue fur, no tattoos... and God bless you for that :p!

oHGOD

i would never do that to her, dont worry

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Selenne said:

yeah, I post my art online since mid 2009 and i get like 1-2 comments per drawing. if i get any at all i mean

oHGOD

i would never do that to her, dont worry

A pity, you deserve talking about your art (all artists want it after all). May I ask where do you post it? No exposure on DA?

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

We must protect this sweet child.

We do *nods sagely*.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Selenne said:

Dear Starving Brethren, we must right this wrong and shower her in the likes and comments because this art is so brillant it gave me spots in my eyes.

12 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Hear, hear! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

Man, you say you do things quickly and sloppy with some of these...

3 words: Oh. My. God. These are amazing, just... Wow.

Ok that's more than 3 words. But, sacred potato cups, why didn't you get this recognition before? I'm out of words...

Beautifull, just beautifull.

&

3 hours ago, Net Spectre said:

Dear Starving Brethren, we must right this wrong and shower her in the likes and comments because this art is so brillant it gave me spots in my eyes.

Hear, hear! 

Exactly! Likes are nice, but comments are key. Do people think only we writers need them? I say all should give @Selenne feedback!

• Like 3

Just now, Arlesienne said:

Likes are nice, but comments are key. Do people think only we writers need them? I say all should give @Selenne feedback!

Yep. Likes can only be given once and are but faceless numbers. Comments are the true fuel that keeps the creator going and prevents them to falling to doubts, anxiety, self-critique and other nasty personal demons that make one getting stuck in the horrible limbo instead of writing or drawing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Net Spectre said:

Yep. Likes can only be given once and are but faceless numbers. Comments are the true fuel that keeps the creator going and prevents them to falling to doubts, anxiety, self-critique and other nasty personal demons that make one getting stuck in the horrible limbo instead of writing or drawing.

You're right. Moreover, the exchange of thoughts is development fuel.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2016 at 1:43 AM, Arlesienne said:

A pity, you deserve talking about your art (all artists want it after all). May I ask where do you post it? No exposure on DA?

On 10/29/2016 at 9:15 AM, WishIHadAFridge said:

Man, you say you do things quickly and sloppy with some of these...

3 words: Oh. My. God. These are amazing, just... Wow.

Ok that's more than 3 words. But, sacred potato cups, why didn't you get this recognition before? I'm out of words...

Beautifull, just beautifull.

On 10/29/2016 at 10:53 AM, Net Spectre said:

Hear, hear! 

you're all so nice ;-; i don't know what to say.

yes i do post my art on deviantart, its the first place i actually started, buuut... it's a trash can right now. i made an art blog lately though. im gonna post my best art there; https://sheiyazui.tumblr.com/

and thank you for the kind words ;-; it means a lot

Edited by Selenne
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Selenne said:

you're all so nice ;-; i don't know what to say.

yes i do post my art on deviantart, its the first place i actually started, buuut... it's a trash can right now. i made an art blog lately though. im gonna post my best art there; https://aquaphantasma.tumblr.com/

and thank you for the kind words ;-; it means a lot

It's not flattery, trust me on that. And from many experiences of people watched, own watchers, friends, acquaintances etc. from DA who started Tumblr art accounts... you may want to rethink quitting DA. Tumblr, through the sheer fact of stronger anonymity, is quite a bit of savage lands. You can get garbage from "anons" and I don't think it's worth it.

Just drop me the link to your DA please so that I can watch you :D.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2016 at 11:20 PM, Arlesienne said:

It's not flattery, trust me on that. And from many experiences of people watched, own watchers, friends, acquaintances etc. from DA who started Tumblr art accounts... you may want to rethink quitting DA. Tumblr, through the sheer fact of stronger anonymity, is quite a bit of savage lands. You can get garbage from "anons" and I don't think it's worth it.

Just drop me the link to your DA please so that I can watch you :D.

nah, im not quitting da. i just made that artblog so i can post some of my better art there, to get more exposure since i didnt get that from da. but, well, as for now its not working either.

Edited by Selenne
  • Like 1

geez I've been gone for a long time again;; ive been focusing on college mostly so i didnt have much time to draw

buuuut i did draw this piece as a secret santa gift so i thought i may put it here as well

fsaaasf kopiaa.png

gaaaaaaah im not very happy with how it turned out. i see a lot of things i could have done differently. oh well

ill try to upload something again soon

• Like 7

Hello again! It's been a long time, but I have some "new" art to share (quotes because it's from October and I've already shared it on twitter, but completely forgot to post it here).

Both drawn for Inktober 2020 for prompts "bread" and "carpet" respectively.

IMG_2083-.thumb.jpg.db39a9cd45d3029d492923bf29228a00.jpg

carpet.thumb.jpg.e20b887fb2b386d511ecc044e560af93.jpg

When will I draw more? Who knows.

Edited by Selenne
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Been a while! Glad to see more. 

The top one feels like a friendly scene and the other almost feels like a reference to Willow's short.

it sure was!

to be honest the second one was completely spontaneous, but i'm glad it fits!

• Like 1