How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

46 minutes ago, Ninjanemo said:

Well maybe Charlie is just the one controlling the darkness, and all of the insanity that Maxwell can't control. (Based on the fact that he was pulled into the DS world by the "darkness", I'm assuming that he only has limited control over it) Also who says you have to have a physical form to be on the nightmare throne? I mean that would mean that even a log or a stone would be able to control the nightmare throne. Just sayin'...

What charlie IS the nightmare throne xP

• Developer
1 hour ago, WilliamGreywind said:

This update hurts me. And I love it. Thank you Klei for once again creating a truly marvelous experience.

We're having as much fun as you are, believe me :wilson_evil::wilson_love:

More Charlie lines. A lot of them are just "..." except for when he examines his own character.

DESCRIBE_SAMECHARACTER = "What a dapper fellow!",
    --Pride... Arrogance... Conceit...

The Rag Time phonograph:

MAXWELLPHONOGRAPH = "That accursed thing!",

Beemine:

BEEMINE_MAXWELL = "Maybe I shouldn't have put that there.",

teethtrap:

TRAP_TEETH_MAXWELL = "I'm... sure I had my reasons when I placed this.",

Yeah It's safe to say she isn't very happen with him. Not a fan of his dry humor either.

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

Another Charlie line for when Maxwell examines another Maxwell:

DESCRIBE_SAMECHARACTER = "What a dapper fellow!",
    --Pride... Arrogance... Conceit...

Yup...really angry. I like the fact that she has lines like this, it gives us more of an idea of her character. She's often portrayed as rather forgiving towards Maxwell due to their relationship from before but this kind of provides insight as to how she feels about him now. 

Guys

I solved the puzzle

I discovered Charlie's motivations

The events of the whole game

all the innocent deaths

the anger

the hatred

the lies

It was all because of one thing

One singular force driving all of it.

Once I was confused

But now I know.

The villain of Don't Starve isn't Maxwell.

It isn't the shadows.

It isn't the Watchers.

It's...

Spoiler

7109779_orig.jpg

• Developer
Just now, Quoth143 said:

Yup...really angry. I like the fact that she has lines like this, it gives us more of an idea of her character. She's often portrayed as rather forgiving towards Maxwell due to their relationship from before but this kind of provides insight as to how she feels about him now. 

I stillI ship them... :(

Can I just bring up a thing of Woodie saying that the new portal design is what brought him here. Like what???

Apparently it's what he "fell through". This only sticks out most to me cuz no other character is making a mention like that. Like out of everyone who isn't Maxwell, Woodie knows what the new portal look is.

Just what?!?!?!

Spoiler

Woodie and Maxwell knew each other confirm???????? lol

So far this is my prediction/interpretation on what is going on with what was found thus far:

1. Maxwell dragged everyone into the DS world with the hope one of them would succeed to free him while giving the impression they were his play things to the Shadow Creatures.
  2. Wilson found the portal, survived, and confronted Maxwell
  3. Wilson freed Maxwell out of pity, gets put on the throne,
  4. Maxwell is teleported into the wilderness (currently the assumed state of the Cyclum page)
  5. Charlie felt angered at Maxwell for tricking Wilson to swap places, and freed Wilson herself knowing she would be put on the throne
  6. Wilson is sent back with Maxwell, probably survive together, fight or something (possibly the context of that slap-fight between them in that other puzzle?)
  7. Charlie is now in control of the DS world, angered at Maxwell. The events of DST take place, she changes the world, creates (or improves) the portal, etc.

If Charlie is the one on the throne, and makes those responses to Maxwell's strings, it has to be assumed she still had a human conscious while being a monster, or something happened to make her normal.

All speculation at this point. It would appear we're going to get some questions answered in the next few days, which I'm excited for!

Roses have a 1% chance of occurring whenever a flower is spawned. When picked, they do one damage. Strings:

• Maxwell: "This is wrong."
  • Wigfird: "Were that I smelled half as sweet."
  • Webber: "Bright red petals! We loves it!" [sic]
  • Wendy: "Prickly and blood red..."
  • Wickerbottom: "Ah, a Rosa Macdub... what's it doing out here?"
  • Willow: "I want to burn this flower in particular."
  • Wilson: "To match my rosy cheeks."
  • Wolfgang: "Wolfgang tried to crush it, but it picked him."
  • Woodie: "Not very satisfying chopping, that."
  • WX-78: "A REVOLTING SYMBOL OF HUMAN LOVE"

Archived