How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

I can't believe how accurate my prediction was on only the 2nd day of the puzzle:

1. Maxwell dragged everyone into the DS world with the hope one of them would succeed to free him while giving the impression they were his play things to the Shadow Creatures.
  2. Wilson found the portal, survived, and confronted Maxwell
  3. Wilson freed Maxwell out of pity, gets put on the throne,
  4. Maxwell is teleported into the wilderness (currently the assumed state of the Cyclum page)
  5. Charlie felt angered at Maxwell for tricking Wilson to swap places, and freed Wilson herself knowing she would be put on the throne
  6. Wilson is sent back with Maxwell, probably survive together, fight or something (possibly the context of that slap-fight between them in that other puzzle?)
  7. Charlie is now in control of the DS world, angered at Maxwell. The events of DST take place, she changes the world, creates (or improves) the portal, etc.

well charlie doesn't really seem that mad at maxwell,it seems.

Phew, that's intense. My biggest wish now would be to free Charlie in-game, and have her as a playable character. But I know that the devs said there won't be an adventure mode...Besides, who would be on the throne ? It would also be asking a lot from the devs, and be another privilege for DST upon DS, but on the other hand, it would probably be one of the best moments in video games ever.

Judging by tonight's video, Charlie as a character could turn flowers into evil flowers and vice versa, transform nightmare creatures into minable statues for rocks and nightmare fuel, make a light source equivalent to a torch but it would drain sanity constantly, and all of these powers would be unstable (like, not always working) and always cost her sanity. Oh Klei, I'm begging you...

Welp! That's a wrap guys! Thank you so much for contributing to the puzzle! And a big thank you to the amazing people at Klei for hosting the puzzle and making that incredible animation! You guys are more than welcome to keep chatting on this thread if you wish!

10 minutes ago, RingoToBudo said:

Here's for everyone not knowing what to do.
(click on all the circled roses) 

(IMAGE)

Thanks, I'll quote this. It'll help people that won't read 100+ pages of puzzle/random talk xD

5 minutes ago, Gavary_Henaii said:

this is the previous DST puzzle, i cant believe maxwell is in one of the panels...

DS_Craft_the_Way_6.png

Can we confirm that Charlie has basic time manipulation powers, then? The fact that the roses only appeared after the kebabs were eaten would also suggest this.

25 minutes ago, Dooms_Day said:

Did anyone notice something about the new design for Charlie?
Her hair resembling a W shape?
You know, like Wilson's trademark?
Thought it was worth noting.

*randomly just walks into forum after puzzle is completed*

Yeah, Charlie's hair there does look alot like Wilson's hair actually, accept hers has 7 points, while Wilson's has 5. You don't suppose they're somehow related do you, and that she just keeps the pointy bits pinned down normally? :o 

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:00 PM, Luxurious said:

EDIT: (PUZZLE STEP) Click on the 2 berry bushes in the third panel, the trap on the second panel, the stick Wilson is holding on the first panel and the crock pot to update the comic:

(This part of the puzzle was solved by @LCOV )

EDIT: Another update! Things are getting REALLY interesting!

EDIT: (PUZZLE STEP) A bunch of roses will appear on the second page now. The second page borders spell out CHARLIE top to bottom. You have to click all the roses on the panels in order of the letters H-E-I-R to complete the puzzle.

how to get the roses

One little thing saddens me though... as beautiful as Charlie's design is, it does kinda take away from the spooky atmosphere when you know what the thing that kills you in the dark looks like.

Then again, avoiding her with simply popping out a torch for a second and then putting it away again to reserve its burning time also isn't the most terrifying atmosphere, so I guess it really doesn't matter at this point.

8 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Charlie felt angered at Maxwell for tricking Wilson to swap places, and freed Wilson herself knowing she would be put on the throne

Well kind of true, it seems like she really wanted to be in control, and was in control the whole time she was setting up to her/the grue's liking.

2 minutes ago, unkoun said:

Can we confirm that Charlie has basic time manipulation powers, then? The fact that the roses only appeared after the kebabs were eaten would also suggest this.

Maxwell does state that "time works differently" at the throne room in the DS adventure mode ending.

Archived