no 'variety' without changing resouces?

I've been trying out the new update and the different options...

You cannot get both types of berry bushes (except the scripted event groups from the pig village) without having to enable the diseased/replaced option (changing resources). (same goes for the saplings and the new tree)

To be fair i really don't like having big farms suddently going away from day to day due to a disease i cannot counter in any way. But i really love variety but not in a luck of the draw "you are now stuck with twig trees but no sablings and juocy berry bushes but no normal ones for the rest of the run.. do you want to try to make a new server and see if you are more lucky next time" kinda style.

Can you make an option where there are berry bushes and juicy berry bushes, saplings and twig trees existing in the same world without the diseased mechanic ruining your farms without any counter? Maybe make something like the ice flingomatic to prevent diseases in the base or give the players the option to just get a mix of the resources without diseases happening.

Besides i wouldn't call the two 50/50 percent chances of starting variety  "highly random" since there are no middleground on the varieties, only black and white, one or the other and not a mix somewhere in between.

I love the juicy berries but i do not want them to replace the normal type 100% and i really love having a big nice farm which i put a lot of work into, but the disease mechanic doesn't really allow that anymore if you want variety in resouces. 

I found that I have a larger amount of twiggy trees, and less saplings but also almost no grass in the world. Only place I could find some was the savanah. Also, planting things here will prevent disease. Are resources separated by biome?

How long, in general, is it supposed to take for the whole changing-resources thing to happen?  I ask because I recently had a world that made it to 109 days and nothing like that ever happened.  I, too, would've liked saplings and normal berry bushes.  Although not disease. : P

...Notorious

Archived