Dragonfly Larvae need a nerf

Alright, so these little bundles of hellfire are annoying beyond belief. I managed to get the Dragonfly down to around 16k hp through the use of using other giants to wither her down but now she spawns larvae INDEFINITELY even after the other giant had died. The Dragonfly's larvae aren't weak either. 500 hp, around the same movement speed as hounds, burns everything in their path, has a large agro range, and when agroed on a player they won't change targets. I think that their spawn rate should be nerfed or maybe even have them fade away after a while because this is kind of ridiculous having to run away from an army of larvae.

20160416235700_1.jpg

Hi there @clafair, well, the dragonfly is not impossible to defeat inn in its current state and further nerfing would result in a very easy fight...

See... the Dragonfly is a raid boss and you would need a team to kill her and her lavae... although I'm not saying that a single person can't conquer her... there are a myriad of ways to deal with her... many forumers here can tell you the tricks and tactics but you should try and uses Don't Starve logic and mechanics to solve your current dilemma ;)

*cough* *cough* walls *cough* *cough* flingomatics *cough* *cough* ice staff *cough* pan flute and other sleep items *cough* team *cough* gun powder *cough* *hawks a loogie*

Well, my goal was never to defeat the Dragonfly. I just wish to walk the desert in peace without the fear of having a stupid worm aim me from half the map away. Surely a aggro range nerf to the larvae couldn't possibly affect the battle between the Dragonfly and a group of players.

1 hour ago, clafair said:

Nope. Was walking by when a horde of larvae came out of nowhere and then another horde and then another. I went in for a closer look and found the Dragonfly still spitting out lavae.

Without any other players around? If so, this could be a bug...

Well, if this is a bug they got to fix it. Plus, there's times when I would stand right next to the larvae and they wouldn't do anything. Then they finally would decide to aggro me 20 seconds later. 

12 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Without any other players around? If so, this could be a bug...

Oh yeah. It was real funny. Legit saw 3 hordes of larvae just running towards me and then I noticed that there was a larvae being added to the giant horde every couple seconds. So I went to see the source of the problem just to find that the Dragonfly was continuously spitting out larvae without paying any attention to me.

You see the kind of stuff I have to deal with. Use a bearger to kill the horde and the Dragonfly don't care. She just keeps making more and won't even slurp up the ashes cause she's too busy spitting out larvae.

20160417170528_1.jpg

20160417170557_1.jpg

20160417170607_1.jpg

-_- Doesn't help that the larvae's attack range is kinda dumb. They jump at you like a Catcoon but their attack range seems bigger than that because even if they don't touch you you still get hurt.

Archived