Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Launched

We're happy to announce Don't Starve: Shipwrecked is ready to set sail and fully launch. From everyone at Klei and CAPY, thank you to everyone who participated in yet another amazing Early-Access! After all the amazing discussions and feedback from the community, we're excited for everyone to dive in to the finished expansion!

Don't Starve: Shipwrecked expansion is available now for $4.99 USD on Steam, as well as DRM free on GOG and Humble!

We've also got a brand new animated launch trailer for you to feast your eyes upon!

one question:

for dont starve it was possible to use the product / cd key from steam to download the humble version - is this possible for the shipwrecked dlc too (because i can't find any product key for this on my steam account)?

i would love to play the humble version, because i dont like steam that much (i just needed it because of early access) and i dont own the reign of giants dlc on steam.

3 minutes ago, Muflak said:

one question:

for dont starve it was possible to use the product key from steam to download the humble version - is this possible for the shipwrecked dlc too (because i can't find any product key for this on my steam account)?

i would love to play the humble version, because i dont like steam that much (i just needed it because of early access) and i dont own the reign of giants dlc on steam.

Not at the moment, but this functionality will be available starting Monday, April 4th, 2016. Thanks for your patience.

1 hour ago, ConfusedCourier said:

Sometimes i wish there was a Don't Starve animated web series, these trailers are always great!

Hell yes!
This looks like a trailer to some epic animated movie, especially this short scene with Warly swinging obsidian machete.

I'm too new to Don't Starve to say about searching puzzles, but I think that there is still hope. What about checking sounds with some cool, magic software?

I might be the only person who didn't like the trailer... :grey: For me there were to many sharp lines, the ones that look like they were drawn using paint. I preffer the previous Don't Starve animated shorts, those really look great. And how about the posters and backgrounds? And puzzles? Am I missing something? Oh well, let's hope that there still is some more booty left to plunder, Yarrr! :wilson_pirate:

53 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Is it possible that the Steam Workshop is broken now? All files are still available, but the Workshop itself cannot be surfed. Search function does not work either.

It doesn't work for me either. Is it the "Shipwrecked compatible" button possibly?

2 hours ago, JustA4ever said:

I might be the only person who didn't like the trailer... :grey: For me there were to many sharp lines, the ones that look like they were drawn using paint. I preffer the previous Don't Starve animated shorts, those really look great. And how about the posters and backgrounds? And puzzles? Am I missing something? Oh well, let's hope that there still is some more booty left to plunder, Yarrr! :wilson_pirate:

I noticed the same. This trailer looks different from e.g the Reign of Giants trailer. Did Klei switch animators or bring in some capy folks?

Nonetheless, glad to see animation again :3

1 hour ago, DarkXero said:

guesswho.jpg

I was gonna post a question about this but you beat me to it XD

So, if Maxwell's face is in the volcanic smoke... would it be safe to assume that he is still in the nightmare throne at this point? But... I thought that come SW, he was freed already?!

So I guess SW is just an Alternate Timeline?

But... then Wolly...

I smell puzzle...

a96cae839dacd0e8f0db918a3e12af25.jpeg

14 hours ago, JustA4ever said:

I feel like the Walani part wasn't that well animated IMO. Don't like the style in that section. The rest is good though.

Archived