Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

(WaW is popular because it's laid-back, has a clear direction with its story, and allows for great freedom with character-to-character interactions. That's my take on it, anyways.

As for Maxwell's Playground, I think that since a lot of key characters here ended up dropping out, we'd lose a great deal of the existing character relationships if we were to reboot. Since those were what gave the RP its momentum, we wouldn't get very far before this would end up dying again. So, it's sad to say, but I think it might just be time to put Maxwell's Playground to rest. Save your characters, folks, and maybe use 'em again in a future RP, because this one's done for.

My personal thought as to why it ended up dying pretty much comes down to one key thing: the lead character was imprisoned without a backup plan in mind. Since Art was the leader of not only the group, but in a sense the entire roleplay, Maxwell's Playground lost its direction and sense of order very quickly afterwards, and with it went the motivation for most of us to continue. LadyD, considering how difficult it is to sustain an RP, I applaud you for making a passionate attempt nonetheless and for sticking with it until the very end. I look forward to seeing any future RPs of yours, assuming you'd like to give it another try sometime down the road.

[The following end-game stats are mostly off of memory, please correct me if I'm wrong!]

MAXWELL'S PLAYGROUND
FINAL STATS:
*Adventure began on March 27, 2016 and ended July 3rd, 2016 (Total play time: 99 days)
*63 pages' worth of friendship and arguments
*10 playable characters amassed
  +1 pig befriended
*2/4 pieces of the Teleportato collected (wooden base not located)
*1 active ship (Halan/Arca)
*An uncountable number of character squabbles
*2 bracelets assembled
*1 caged host
CAUSE OF DEATH: Host unable to lead

Thanks for playing, everyone!)

• Like 6