Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

(I guess my character was accepted???)

Bell had woken up at about the same time these other people had, and sat herself up on the grass, silently watching the chaos. One of the boys, who had introduced himself as Halan, noticed her and brought her attention to the angle. She nodded in response to the angle named Arca. Had she been brought to heaven? Heaven looked much different than she anticipated.

Conner starred at everyone for a while. Ok so there was a squirrel, an angel, some people, a fox hybrid girl.. This is normal right? Maybe he should have gone outside more like his parent said. Or was this outside? Then maybe he should go inside a lot more from now on. He decided to look around rather than talk since the focus of the group went to some girl. This place didn't look so bad. He vaguely remembers someone saying something about a dictator or something which he started to mumble to himself as he continued to look around. "Yeah dictator, cool.."

"That is good to know!" she said happily. "Well, my name is Arca. It is good to have met you. May I ask for your name, perchance?"  Arca asked. She noticed that the boy in blonde was still quite weirded out about what was going on, and she circled around Bell a bit to get closer to him. "And what about you, sir? Have you got a name?" 

Conner snapped out of his gaze as he noticed the angel was talking to him. "Uh yeah.." he said as he looked as her. Oh wait she meant to give his name! Conner almost smacked himself, of course she wanted a name! Or did she? "It's Conner," he added quickly to stop from just starring as his mind was clouded in his thoughts. 

• Like 1

Bell signed the letters of her name, "B-E-L-L," in hopes that at least one of the people here would understand it, but it wasn't likely. (I don't even know if they had sign language in... whatever older time period Bell comes from, but I'm assuming the def and mute were taught some form of gestural communication.)

"Ah! Sign language! Perhaps I will be able to decode it." Arca landed on the ground, and kneeled before Bell, concentrating on her signing. "B... E... L... L... Bell? Is that your name? How elegant!" she complimented. "Alright... Bell, Conner, Halan, Sylvia and Art. Got it!" She looked around, and saw a bunch of berry bushes, grass plants, saplings, evergreens... it seemed as if they were in an uncivilized area. "Hmmm... I wonder if this is the property of someone... perhaps it is of the voice I heard when I woke up...?" She said. Thinking about it, she remembered it say something about that they should do something to survive... "The voice told us to survive... what does that mean? Does that mean this is the wilderness?" she asked. "What is it everyone thinks we should do?"

Conner hummed slightly as he started to bite his lower lip. What did you do in a survival situation? Wait, did that mean they could die? Conner started to pace in a small circle as this wasn't going to way he planned it. In fact he never planned to be thrown in the wild his whole life. Great now he had to get home, his dog still needed to be walked- his dog! "Crap, I didn't even let jack out!" Conner said as he stopped pacing. 

Conner looked at Halan. "Oh, uh, he's my dog. I was going to walk him before this happened," conner said then realized what situation they were in and his eyes widened. "Wait how long will we be in here?" he said then proceeded to pace yet again as he mumble to himself about his poor dog and if anyone would find him. "Sure my parents are coming over so he won't be alone for long right? Yeah and then they can take care of him. Wait do they even know how to take care of a dog..?"

• Like 1

(Gonna ignore and move on.)

"Ah, a dog! They are great partners in the hunt." Arca said to Conner, distracted from her original question. "Even if its leader would not come home, it should be able to take care of itself, shouldn't it?" she says reassuringly.

"Well if anything someone should find him," Conner sighed then looked at Arca. "I'm not sure if he'd be a great hunter though, I mean I've never hunted with him or seen him kill anything. Ah but I'm getting off topic of our situation heh. Sorry about that," Conner smiled appreciating that they cared.

(Please don't make another Julia. I don't have a dragon in this rp to bite her head off with.)

Two people here understood her signing! Wonderful! Now she wouldn't have to play an awkward game of charades every time she wanted to say something. Sylvia's signing was a bit different from hers, but not too hard to figure out. She signed a greeting back to her.

• Like 3

"No, do not apologize, it is alright! It is always great to share stories with the people you meet. Though you are correct, we should probably focus on this 'survival' situation. I will see if I can observe what most of the landscape looks like." She said, and spread her wings out wide. Then she did a short run-up and jumped into the air, flapping her wings more concentrated and powerful, to get higher.

Art was slightly perturbed that her declaration of being dictator was not met with instant obedience. She was sure she had read something about leadership skills and now was the perfect time to be using them. Still soon enough there was names being offered up, including some sort of sign language. Art wondered if she remembered how to sign and realised the only thing that came to mind was semaphore and there was no flags on hand.

"So. We have Connor, Bell, Arcka? Arc... flying feather duster, fox, squirrel and Hannah, no hal...yep its Hal now." Art pointed at each of them in turn and then watched the feather duster fly higher for a better view which was rather handy. Whilst they were in a sort of pleasant glade there was to the East a forest, west was a cliff face that dropped to the ocean. Northwards in the distance was a swamp and South there was more glade before finally erupting into a flatish grasslands. 

"Survival is what the man said and frankly he is right. If we sit around here all day we are going to end up getting nothing done. So Ar... ANGEL! Scouting duty go see where we are and what there is to see!" Art was determined to organise this freakshow. 

"Squirrel, see if you can find us some nuts or berries, I suggest you see what the wild life eats and doesn't eat. Preferably test it on a monkey but any other small mammal should do the job and no you can't feed it to the fox." Art said very briskly and then turned to the next person.

"Fox, how are you at catching things that are not squirrels? We are going to need more than nuts and berries to eat. So see if there is anything else that is edible." Art said glad the fox was now a human, it made life make slightly more sense.

"Connor and...Hal! You two gather up some grass, twigs, logs and things. We are going to need to make a fire at some point."

"Bell and.." Art realised she had run out of people "and I, we shall attempt to find something to light the fire with. Maybe flint stones or something unless someone has some matches on them in which case cough them up now. Otherwise- GET TO IT!" Art finished her little speech with a clap of the hands and shooing motion. She had no idea if people would listen to her but she didn't really give them time to get a word in edgewise and her tone was firm. That was the trick to it wasn't it? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

(Please don't make another Julia. I don't have a dragon in this rp to bite her head off with.)

(Knew I should have been Dragon Mage. Anyway, WOW 3 pages already?! I had to read all this crap just to know where I am. I'm gonna go back a bit so I can introduce my character the way he's supposed to).

Red woke up, holing his head like he landed on something hard. "Ow. Ok I think I know what went wrong Dragon Mage. Next time don't-" When he opened his eyes and looked around, he soon realized he wasn't in the same place as he was before. "Where am I?... Oh don't tell me! (sigh) it's ok, still got my good spirits" He looked around and noticed there were other people. They all seemed surprised of the winged person standing there. It was nothing new to him since he lived with a dragon-girl. Where was she anyway? Then someone almost stood on his tail. "Hey!" he quickly got up and turned around "Be careful!"

(Ok, now the part when the fox girl started chasing him).

"Ah!" Red turned and ran as fast as he could. Why was she turning? It wasn't the full moon nor any other factor that could have caused it. He quickly turned and shot up a pine tree.

(Introductions...)

Red had since came down from the pine tree. "Of coarse" he said "*ahem* My name is Red Squirrel, just call me Red for short. I was brought into existence long ago by a young girl and and her imagination. The story is quite long. I have since evolved to become the man, or squirrel, I am now."

(Gathering resources)

"Very well. I know the woods quite well and can already see some berry bushes scattered around the field." Red ran off on all fours.

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 1

Seeing Arc fly filled Halan with DETERMINATION stunned Hal. 

-Wow, she can fly? For real??"

He then turns to Arc and blushes after hearing his name misspelled into Hannah, that was embarrassing. But Hal sounded alright.

"Sure...I guess..."

• Like 1

After a few minutes of flying high, Arca went back down to the group again to report back. She dived to the ground, slowing down when close. "Lady Art, to the east I have found there to be a forest, west does not lead anywhere but the ocean. In the north, quite a distance away, I believe to have seen some sort of marsh. And finally, south extends this glade, going into a flat area of grass." She got distracted by the talking squirrel, which shortly after she said "Hang on." to Art. Gliding to the forest creature, Arca went to talk with it. "Why hello there, little furred one! How do you do?"