19 minutes ago, Fledge said:

...many things I agree with about Warly

My stance on right now Warly is this; before the update he was a little strong in my opinion:

• no particularly low stats
  • no low damage modifier
  • a nice portable crockpot and extra recipes
  • his extremely cheap Chef Pouch, which is a better version of the Insulated Pack, an item that requires killing a Giant to obtain
  • also I like starting with a Backpack basically ;)
  • to 20% crockpot dish bonus was kind nice, and even though it didn't really cover for Warly's 1.33x Hunger completely, the extra sanity and health was nice
  • he gained less from eating uncooked / unprepared food, but honestly, I enjoyed the idea of being a sophisticated chef and tried to keep in character by not just shovelling any old edibles into my mouth
  • the 'picky eater' disadvantage could be easily managed by switching between two different meals, although I often tried to prepare as many different meals as I could because it was entertaining honestly

All of those good qualities outweighed the bad quite a bit, so as I said before, prior to the update he was a great choice for me. Don't get me wrong, I didn't love using Warly because I thought he was 'overpowered', it was simply because it was fun to try out different recipes for once and his skills made him well suited to a nomadic play style. Also I love his personality and voice :) I also have fond memories of unlocking Woodlegs with Warly. 

However, after the update, I believe he is a little too weak:

• his new 'picky eater' disadvantage having a cumulative effect on uncooked / unprepared food (in addition to the foods providing less to Warly in general) makes all but crockpot recipes very undesirable. Since I eat probably 90-95% crockpot meals anyway, it isn't so much of an issue, but not being able to eat a number of something like Cooked Green Caps (sanity) or Honey / Seaweed (health) in a row without them becoming practically valueless very quickly is kind of annoying. Of course, there are other good ways to get large amounts of sanity and health, especially in Shipwrecked, but you can imagine how Warly's options are now more limited.
  • It is awkward to micromanage the 2 day cooldown on potentially many different recipes.
  • Now I feel encouraged to let Warly's stomach get as empty as possible so that I can hold out for that recipe cooldown reset, which feels somehow cruel to me (and out of character, a chef should know how to keep himself fed!)

With all the micromanagement and the greater need to cook many recipes (you can't rely on alternating between two recipes any more, which is good but...), he now pretty much requires farming to obtain ingredients for all those recipes, which can heavily impact his nomadic style. In my current world where I am trying out 'new' Warly, I'm on day 55 and haven't bothered setting up farms or bee boxes, but did bother getting a bird cage at least.

I get by with: Bananas, Coconuts, Monster Meat, Meat / Morsels, Seaweed, Eggs, and the occasional Sweet Potato or Limpets, but I find myself exploring a lot less than before. In fact, sometimes it feels like I'm running a kitchen where I'm the only customer.

TL;DR Warly is still manageable, he just isn't as nomadic or as entertaining as before (in my opinion)

11 hours ago, Fledge said:

I now hate this character so much it's not funny :( And so many players thought Wigfrid was picky! (Personally I love her.) Warly is like the worst downsides of Wigfrid plus Wolfgang plus even more... I don't understand how he can be considered a good character for a nomadic lifestyle, when a nomad typically can't collect enough ingredients to make all the different recipes day after day. Needing some variety in his meals, fine, I can live with that - I actually like to do that with all my characters, even though it's not necessary, just to make things interesting. But only being able to eat a food every two days without suffering penalties is too much... Especially the cumulative penalties! I'm on the brink of starvation with this guy in the midst of what, to any other character (even Wigfrid!) would be a paradise of food. He now has a HUGE disadvantage in the early game, and in the later game, knowing a couple more recipes really doesn't make a statistical difference; once you are settled and have the resources you need, all characters are able to do very well without the extra boost.

To my mind, his best feature would be being able to move around during meteor season with his crock pot; but good luck surviving that far with Warly! You could just as well stack a bunch of food in your inventory and run off to a secondary base for the duration. I just think the penalties now outweigh the advantages so much he's not worth playing, which is a shame, because he was otherwise interesting (and I love the steel drums). I think the game needs a lot more seafood based recipes for him to work; it's hard obtaining meat, except monster meat, and the smaller seafoods (limpets, mussels, crab meat) aren't any good on their own, which they should be. There should at the very least be a meatballs type substitute for these (I've already suggested fish chowder as a new recipe). I mean c'mon. They now spawn you on starter islands with 10 limpet rocks to make sure you don't starve - but Warly is having none of it!

I'm all for unique characters and balance etc. etc. but before this, Wolfgang was the only one I didn't much like (I haven't played Wes or Maxwell). I was looking forward to playing Warly, but he's just too frustrating now and I'm disappointed. If Klei wanted him to be a Wes-style challenge for the most experienced gamers, then fine; but as only the second character to be unlocked in the new expansion, that doesn't seem very fair. Wigfrid and Webber made RoG a little easier, and also fun; I feel that Walani does this for SW but Warly falls way short of the mark since this update.

^ Exactly

9 hours ago, Daggaroth said:

However, after the update, I believe he is a little too weak:

• his new 'picky eater' disadvantage having a cumulative effect on uncooked / unprepared food (in addition to the foods providing less to Warly in general) makes all but crockpot recipes very undesirable. Since I eat probably 90-95% crockpot meals anyway, it isn't so much of an issue, but not being able to eat a number of something like Cooked Green Caps (sanity) or Honey / Seaweed (health) in a row without them becoming practically valueless very quickly is kind of annoying. Of course, there are other good ways to get large amounts of sanity and health, especially in Shipwrecked, but you can imagine how Warly's options are now more limited.
  • It is awkward to micromanage the 2 day cooldown on potentially many different recipes.
  • Now I feel encouraged to let Warly's stomach get as empty as possible so that I can hold out for that recipe cooldown reset, which feels somehow cruel to me (and out of character, a chef should know how to keep himself fed!)

With all the micromanagement and the greater need to cook many recipes (you can't rely on alternating between two recipes any more, which is good but...), he now pretty much requires farming to obtain ingredients for all those recipes, which can heavily impact his nomadic style. In my current world where I am trying out 'new' Warly, I'm on day 55 and haven't bothered setting up farms or bee boxes, but did bother getting a bird cage at least.

I get by with: Bananas, Coconuts, Monster Meat, Meat / Morsels, Seaweed, Eggs, and the occasional Sweet Potato or Limpets, but I find myself exploring a lot less than before. In fact, sometimes it feels like I'm running a kitchen where I'm the only customer.

TL;DR Warly is still manageable, he just isn't as nomadic or as entertaining as before (in my opinion)

^ True, he was fun before - now playing him is just annoying :-/

On 30/03/2016 at 2:36 AM, Daggaroth said:
  • the 'picky eater' disadvantage could be easily managed [before the update] by switching between two different meals, although I often tried to prepare as many different meals as I could because it was entertaining honestly
  • Now I feel encouraged to let Warly's stomach get as empty as possible so that I can hold out for that recipe cooldown reset, which feels somehow cruel to me (and out of character, a chef should know how to keep himself fed!

I find myself exploring a lot less than before. In fact, sometimes it feels like I'm running a kitchen where I'm the only customer.

Running a kitchen - good analogy, this does seem to be the 'way to play' Warly, but that is totally contrary to the nomadic style with movable crock pot. They seem to be confused about whether they're making an early-game or late-game character. I agree that it's counter-intuitive for a resourceful chef to go hungrier than other characters when surrounded by ingredients!

I've been thinking about how to manage him, because I refuse on principle to just give up on any character I currently have alive; and I think the way to do it is to plan his meals like a restaurant menu (which is certainly in character!). The biggest problem is in early game, so here are my ideas on basic meal management with the few resources you are likely to have before you find spiders, pigs, bees etc.

~ Warly's Early Game Two-Course Meal Plan ~

Day 1: Twiggy Surprise - Fishsticks + Fruit Medley - limpets for the fishsticks, coconuts/bananas for the dessert (berries aren't high enough value) - 6 ingredients plus 2 twigs: Total hunger restored +62.5
Day 2: Meatballs! - By now you should have obtained at least 1 monster meat from killing snakes, but you need to be brave about it! Total hunger +62.5 and if you have the resources you can have fresh fruit for dessert. Yummy! (Don't forget to cook it! I bet Warly was the person who came up with grilled watermelon...)
Day 3: Ratasushi - California Roll + Ratatouille - You need to be off gathering seaweed straight away; you can cook half of it up to use as veg in the ratatouille (and it keeps better that way). Total hunger +62.5
Day 4: Monster Tartare (Warly's specialty!) + Fistful of Jam - More snake meat, eggs from jungle trees, gather mushrooms or use seaweed. Total hunger +75, a feast! If he's hurt from fighting all those snakes, you should make Pierogi instead (1 filler instead of the second monster meat). Note that you can shove limpets into the jam, sounds totally disgusting to me but since you can't make much else with them at this stage...

Then just keep rotating the menu to keep Warly's taste buds invigorated. Et voilà!

Of course if you are lucky enough to find sweet potatoes, cans of tuna etc. you can insert a couple more recipes into the mix to eke things out, but these are the basic resources you ought to be able to get hold of from day 1. I say "ought" because we all know what it's like in this game, and I haven't actually tested it yet, but all going well, this plan should keep Warly going - if not fully satisfied - until he's established a base and can work on expanding his recipe repertoire. If you ask me it sounds like more hard work than Wolfgang, and not something I'm keen on doing while getting to grips with the new expansion - I'd find it fun in RoG though, if you can start with Warly in that. Now I'm going to go try out my plan - will report back later!

10 minutes ago, Fledge said:

Running a kitchen - good analogy, this does seem to be the 'way to play' Warly, but that is totally contrary to the nomadic style with movable crock pot. They seem to be confused about whether they're making an early-game or late-game character. I agree that it's counter-intuitive for a resourceful chef to go hungrier than other characters when surrounded by ingredients!

I've been thinking about how to manage him, because I refuse on principle to just give up on any character I currently have alive; and I think the way to do it is to plan his meals like a restaurant menu (which is certainly in character!). The biggest problem is in early game, so here are my ideas on basic meal management with the few resources you are likely to have before you find spiders, pigs, bees etc.

~ Warly's Early Game Two-Course Meal Plan ~

Day 1: Twiggy Surprise - Fishsticks + Fruit Medley - limpets for the fishsticks, coconuts/bananas for the dessert (berries aren't high enough value) - 6 ingredients plus 2 twigs: Total hunger restored +62.5
Day 2: Meatballs! - By now you should have obtained at least 1 monster meat from killing snakes, but you need to be brave about it! Total hunger +62.5 and if you have the resources you can have fresh fruit for dessert. Yummy! (Don't forget to cook it! I bet Warly was the person who came up with grilled watermelon...)
Day 3: Ratasushi - California Roll + Ratatouille - You need to be off gathering seaweed straight away; you can cook half of it up to use as veg in the ratatouille (and it keeps better that way). Total hunger +62.5
Day 4: Monster Tartare (Warly's specialty!) + Fistful of Jam - More snake meat, eggs from jungle trees, gather mushrooms or use seaweed. Total hunger +75, a feast! If he's hurt from fighting all those snakes, you should make Pierogi instead (1 filler instead of the second monster meat). Note that you can shove limpets into the jam, sounds totally disgusting to me but since you can't make much else with them at this stage...

Then just keep rotating the menu to keep Warly's taste buds invigorated. Et voilà!

Of course if you are lucky enough to find sweet potatoes, cans of tuna etc. you can insert a couple more recipes into the mix to eke things out, but these are the basic resources you ought to be able to get hold of from day 1. I say "ought" because we all know what it's like in this game, and I haven't actually tested it yet, but all going well, this plan should keep Warly going - if not fully satisfied - until he's established a base and can work on expanding his recipe repertoire. If you ask me it sounds like more hard work than Wolfgang, and not something I'm keen on doing while getting to grips with the new expansion - I'd find it fun in RoG though, if you can start with Warly in that. Now I'm going to go try out my plan - will report back later!

you can start in rog as him.

Do tell how your plan ended up.

6 minutes ago, Dylan738 said:

Make a meaty stew, then make a honey ham or bacon 'n eggs. Eat the stew when your hunger gets to 75. 2 Days later eat bacon 'n eggs. Eat meaty stew when at 75 hunger. Repeat.

I'm talking EARLY GAME. From day 1. How does anybody make that stuff on their first island? I've already said he's not so much of a problem in the later game! (Sorry if that wasn't a direct reply to my post - but the problems players are having with Warly are early game, even though he's meant to be a nomadic character, not later on when he's established.)

1 hour ago, Dylan738 said:

Make a meaty stew, then make a honey ham or bacon 'n eggs. Eat the stew when your hunger gets to 75. 2 Days later eat bacon 'n eggs. Eat meaty stew when at 75 hunger. Repeat.

Since Warly's crock pot recipe bonus was increased to 33%, Meaty Stew now restores 200 Hunger. Normally characters lose (gain?) 75 hunger (fullness?) per day, but with Warly's also 33% Hunger modifier, he loses 100 hunger a day. It takes him 1.75 days to 'forget' a meal, meaning you can quite easily live off just Meaty Stew. To me, this further highlights an issue with the 'picky eater' mechanic' is Warly really a picky eater if he can live off just stew forever without ever complaining about it?

I kind of preferred the old system where alternating between two meals reset them, however, it was two simple that way. If I ate a meatballs and then bacon & eggs, and then repeated it the next day, and the day after that, I'd get pretty bored in real life. 

• I'd suggest a similar mechanic, but harsher, like you need to eat 3 different crock pot meals before it resets (2 non-crock pot meals count as 1)
1 hour ago, Fledge said:

I'm talking EARLY GAME. From day 1. How does anybody make that stuff on their first island? I've already said he's not so much of a problem in the later game! (Sorry if that wasn't a direct reply to my post - but the problems players are having with Warly are early game, even though he's meant to be a nomadic character, not later on when he's established.)

I'd recommend (not saying you can make all this on the first island but definitely good for early game):

• California Rolls - easy seaweed and limpets
  • Fish Sticks - limpet or crabbit, 2 monster meat from snakes, a twig
  • Meatballs - 1 monster meat, 3 seaweed
  • Monster Tartare - 2 monster meat, egg from chopping Jungle trees, 1 seaweed
  • Butter Muffin (first island) - 1 butterfly wing (or more if you want to save twigs), 2 twigs, 1 red cap
  • Fruit Medley (first island) - 3 Halved Coconuts (or Banana), 1 twig
  • Fist Full o' Jam (first island) - 4 Halved Coconuts (or Banana or Berries)
  • Ratatouille - 4 seaweed
  • Kabob - 1 monster meat, 1 twig, 2 seaweed

Note: a lot of filler can be swapped around.

I've got a question for Warly players. Is this tedious meal handling really worth the 33% more sanity and health that Warly gives from Meals? Before you answer consider that Willow and Maxwell have insane sanity regen/management, Wigfrid has great Sanity and Health regen and almost any food in SW gives back health.

49 minutes ago, Daggaroth said:

I kind of preferred the old system where alternating between two meals reset them, however, it was two simple that way. If I ate a meatballs and then bacon & eggs, and then repeated it the next day, and the day after that, I'd get pretty bored in real life. 

• I'd suggest a similar mechanic, but harsher, like you need to eat 3 different crock pot meals before it resets (2 non-crock pot meals count as 1)

^ I like this idea.

42 minutes ago, TeoSS69 said:

Is this tedious meal handling really worth the 33% more sanity and health that Warly gives from Meals? Before you answer consider that Willow and Maxwell have insane sanity regen/management, Wigfrid has great Sanity and Health regen and almost any food in SW gives back health.

No, not really... But he's a fun character - so it's really a shame, that he's that flawed now.

2 hours ago, TeoSS69 said:

I've got a question for Warly players. Is this tedious meal handling really worth the 33% more sanity and health that Warly gives from Meals? Before you answer consider that Willow and Maxwell have insane sanity regen/management, Wigfrid has great Sanity and Health regen and almost any food in SW gives back health.

No.

2 hours ago, Daggaroth said:

It takes him 1.75 days to 'forget' a meal, meaning you can quite easily live off just Meaty Stew. [...] is Warly really a picky eater if he can live off just stew forever without ever complaining about it?

I'd recommend (not saying you can make all this on the first island but definitely good for early game):

Excellent point about the meaty stew! It seems Warly is destined to be a pig and monkey farmer...

I already listed all those early-game recipes myself, as a demonstration of a double-menu system which should work to keep him reasonably well-fed until he can get established; but I forgot to add in the 33% bonus to the hunger values. (And Kabobs!) I think you can possibly rotate the menu faster too, since it seems as though you can repeat meals every other day? (Easier to count than 1.75 days, especially if you just eat first or last thing.) I've tried it a bit and it definitely seems to be working but the micro-management is (for me) a real turn-off.

By the way - is that repetition penalty applied to the normal value of the meal, or his initially 33% boosted value? In other words if he eats two meatballs in a row, does he gain (83.125 + 74.8125) = 157.9 or (83.125 + 56.25) = 139.4?

Something that jars with me is that yes, in real life we would all become terribly bored eating nothing but meatballs; but equally, if we were stuck in the wilderness and had nothing else to eat, we could still survive on them. Wigfrid outright refuses to eat her vegetables to the point it could mean her death, which is foolish but logical; but it doesn't actually make logical sense that Warly will eat but not gain the same sustenance from repeated foods. Your brain might say 'blech' but your body doesn't stop processing the food! It would make more sense if he simply refused to eat repetitive foods; it would also be easier to play, in a way, because you could stockpile meals in advance and just eat whatever he let you click on! Then you wouldn't waste foods with heavy penalties attached; but I suppose you could then also literally starve with a pack full of meaty stews, which wouldn't make any sense at all, so scrap that idea.

I like (your?) idea of having to eat different meals to reset the system, instead of basing it on time, because that combines the variety and survival needs; but actually I think that makes it easier, not harsher! The problem with him isn't so much making the foods in question, it's keeping track of when he can eat them (without penalty) - and a starving Warly could, in this way, chow down a lot of food in one sitting. I think this would keep the character interesting, and force players to utilise resources just as much, but without the heavy cost of running around with an empty belly. I could personally do without the increased hunger drain, too, and would happily sacrifice any stat bonuses for that.

2 hours ago, Fledge said:

1. I've tried it a bit and it definitely seems to be working but the micro-management is (for me) a real turn-off.

2. By the way - is that repetition penalty applied to the normal value of the meal, or his initially 33% boosted value? In other words if he eats two meatballs in a row, does he gain (83.125 + 74.8125) = 157.9 or (83.125 + 56.25) = 139.4?

3. []... but it doesn't actually make logical sense that Warly will eat but not gain the same sustenance from repeated foods. Your brain might say 'blech' but your body doesn't stop processing the food!

4. I like (your?) idea of having to eat different meals to reset the system, instead of basing it on time, because that combines the variety and survival needs; but actually I think that makes it easier, not harsher!

1. I certainly agree that it is quite manageable with good crock pot knowledge, but also tedious. I use a mod called Food Values that lets me see how much I will get for eating the food I have selected; you can use it to reveal Warly's current 'opinion' on the food. However, I kind of wish that if you inspect the food, in addition to his flavour text about the item, he also says something like "so bland", or "I don't really want to eat this right now", similar to the lines he says after eating the meals currently, but beforehand so you can more easily keep track without a mod. Not a requirement by any means, just a helpful addition.
  2. The repetition penalty is applied after the added 33%. So, to quote the wiki: "First repetition of the food item applies 10% penalty, the second 20%, the third 35%, the fourth 50% and finally the fifth repetition applies 70% penalty on the food values. Any further repetition do not increase this penalty." This means that you can eat the same thing 4 times in a row and only be penalized 2%, so I tend to make batches of the same meal in fours.
  3. I think the idea is that he is bored of it, so therefore he doesn't eat as much of it and throws away the leftovers (which made me have the weird idea of Warly having a 'leftovers' item at one point).
  4. I didn't mean harsher with reference to the '2 days system', I meant harsher than the original 'just eat one thing to reset everything else system' that they had originally. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, my intention was certainly to make Warly less harsh :)

13 hours ago, Daggaroth said:
  1. []However, I kind of wish that if you inspect the food, in addition to his flavour text about the item, he also says something like "so bland", or "I don't really want to eat this right now"[].
  2. The repetition penalty is applied after the added 33%. [] This means that you can eat the same thing 4 times in a row and only be penalized 2%, so I tend to make batches of the same meal in fours.
  3. I think the idea is that he is bored of it, so therefore he doesn't eat as much of it and throws away the leftovers (which made me have the weird idea of Warly having a 'leftovers' item at one point).
  4. I didn't mean harsher with reference to the '2 days system', I meant harsher than the original 'just eat one thing to reset everything else system' that they had originally. []

1. Yes, it would be good to know his opinions in advance, since after all he is the character eating it, not the player! Wigfrid certainly makes no bones about her feelings :D Right now it's a bit like, "Shove this down his throat, oops, he didn't like it?" which is... metaphysically weird.

2. That's an excellent point - a third repetition of meatballs weighs in at ~54 hunger points, which is still more than most crock pot meals even at full benefit, and they are so easy to make. OK so substantial change to my menu plan: Add a 'standard' recipe each day (~50 boosted points for Warly) on top of meatballs and you've easily covered his 100/day hunger loss even if you eat the same recipes 4 days running; for the catch-up day you can just eat 2-3 of the lower value meals and then go back to the meatballs/other recipe combo. At 3rd repeat of most recipes (~32 pts), even on top of 3rd repeat meatballs (54pts), you would just need to top up with a roast morsel of something (most foods will do: seaweed and coconut only have lower values). This does make him a lot simpler to play; I think the main points to remember are to eat at least TWO meals per day where most characters would get by on one, and to chow down as much as possible on meatballs, but not past the third repetition (as the other recipes would beat 4th repeat meatballs).

I also think I was putting too much time into the recovery period; if he eats at the same time each day (e.g. when he says it's dinnertime) then I think you only need to skip one full day for him to reset? - and then he can repeat foods every other day, where I was thinking he'd need two days. So actually he could exist on a pretty repetitive diet rather than the complex menu I devised :3 (Thank goodness!!)

3. This makes sense - but I have to say I am, IRL, a bit like Warly; I like my food and I like variety; but I also hate going hungry, and faced with the choice of bland, boring meals and a grumbling belly, I would not be wasting as much food as he does! Silly Warly ;) I like the idea of leftovers, his inventory could slowly fill up with wet goop *g* This would become rot over time, so actually a useful resource!

4. Ah okay :D

So to summarise, scrap my original recipe plan - meatballs + another crock pot recipe every day for 4 days should work, making sure you don't eat anything more than four times in a row (and snack on roast foods to top up), and on the 5th day, fill up on other, preferably boosted, recipes to give meatballs a rest.

I have to say this totally contradicts the idea of varying Warly's diet as you could get by on just meatballs, ratatouille and kabobs (I can hear him saying "Kill me now!") ;) so... yeah. (Much) easier than I thought, but much less interesting than Klei seem to have intended! Thanks for the work-through, I'm going to give him another try now!

22 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Do tell how your plan ended up.

20 hours ago, TeoSS69 said:

I've got a question for Warly players. Is this tedious meal handling really worth the 33% more sanity and health that Warly gives from Meals?

If you check my latest response to Daggaroth (above) I've actually revised my plans - and opinions - of Warly quite a lot! I still need to test it, and I'm not starting out under ideal circumstances as I already let him get rather hungry, but it looks like it might not be as complicated to feed him as I'd thought (or as interesting as Klei intended!)

On 01/04/2016 at 0:56 PM, TeoSS69 said:

Have you factored in Coffee too?

What makes him worth it at this point?

No coffee, I haven't got as far as the Volcano yet. And after playing him to day 47 (Charlie got me while a pack of Hounds were on my tail so I couldn't stop to make a new torch) I've decided that it is possible to keep him well-fed buuut it definitely isn't worth it. As you said before, you don't really need extra buffs on health/sanity because there's plenty in the game already to keep them up; and the only reason he needs hunger buffs in the first place is because of his fast hunger drain! So you spend more time gathering/cooking than with any other character; and messing about keeping notes of what you ate last time; for no perceivable net benefit. Wolfgang is tricky to feed but at least when you do, he gets a battle buff. That was the most hectic and annoying game of Don't Starve I've played to date, and I'm not inclined to repeat it. If they don't change Warly, he's staying off my character list :/

On 3.4.2016 at 6:13 PM, Fledge said:

No coffee, I haven't got as far as the Volcano yet. And after playing him to day 47 (Charlie got me while a pack of Hounds were on my tail so I couldn't stop to make a new torch) I've decided that it is possible to keep him well-fed buuut it definitely isn't worth it. As you said before, you don't really need extra buffs on health/sanity because there's plenty in the game already to keep them up; and the only reason he needs hunger buffs in the first place is because of his fast hunger drain! So you spend more time gathering/cooking than with any other character; and messing about keeping notes of what you ate last time; for no perceivable net benefit. Wolfgang is tricky to feed but at least when you do, he gets a battle buff. That was the most hectic and annoying game of Don't Starve I've played to date, and I'm not inclined to repeat it. If they don't change Warly, he's staying off my character list :/

I suppose we won't see a change to Warly at least not if the Roadmap is true. Show's over SW is done all we hopefully get are some bugfixes and maybe a few little things here and there what pretty much sucks because specialy the characters feel like a massive waste of Space now since they basicly are all master of none because even the slight upsides they have don't make up for their downsides like Warlys cooking equipment, Walanis Surfboards (it's hard to explore when the char you play starves almost as fast as Wolfgang), or Wilburs Apes (since they only help by reducing a bit of the tedium what is befriending them/making a walled of Silly Monkey Ball). Won't comment on Woodlegs because I stil need to unlock him although tbh i don't really put that on the top of my priority list. If i get the keys i get them and then i might go to free Woodlegs but i won't go crazy over not having him.

TBH that's one of my biggest dissapointments the massive waste that the 4 Unlockables chars are because they just don't feel worth it specialy when you consider that you unlock basicly 7 or 8 (depending if you got RoG) much more interesting chars before getting to the SW cast. And then they all basicly play like chars we had only till shortly after release when Strange New Powers dropped because Klei listend to the fans that every char was just to damn similar to Wilson and they needed something to make them feel much more different then before.

On 04/04/2016 at 8:55 PM, Mr.P said:

I suppose we won't see a change to Warly at least not if the Roadmap is true. Show's over SW is done all we hopefully get are some bugfixes and maybe a few little things here and there

Possibly, but it depends how many people voice their opinions on the forums - nothing is completely set in stone. Klei always used to be good listeners - now they're with Capy I don't know if that will change. Personally I was really hoping for a clockwork crocodile... ;)

Archived