First 'Goonzilla' Attempt

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I prefer to say them if its wanted, so I don't just clutter stuff.

At this point I'm mostly looking for suggestions about 'Goonzilla' behaviour and loot drops. If I actually manage to pull off the mod successfully and it is well received, I will certainly consider adding other things :p

Just now, Daggaroth said:

At this point I'm mostly looking for suggestions about 'Goonzilla' behaviour and loot drops. If I actually manage to pull off the mod successfully and it is well received, I will certainly consider adding other things :p

I kinda imagined him as possibly a part of the lava "tides" thing.

And will he be a giant or just a boss? (giant for me means he's seasonal and has the normal deal with drops that mean you have to kill him a few times to get all of his craftables)

7 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

And will he be a giant or just a boss? (giant for me means he's seasonal and has the normal deal with drops that mean you have to kill him a few times to get all of his craftables)

My initial idea was that you would be able to summon it once per Dry Season by giving a Dragoon Heart to the Altar of Snackrifice. Not sure what that makes the creature exactly, but I feel like it would probably drop Monster Meat rather than regular meat since Dragoons drop Monster Meat. That is, if it drops any meat at all ... I also considered that it could turn into Ashes or a large skeleton when it dies instead, or perhaps even explode.

9 hours ago, Daggaroth said:

My initial idea was that you would be able to summon it once per Dry Season by giving a Dragoon Heart to the Altar of Snackrifice. Not sure what that makes the creature exactly, but I feel like it would probably drop Monster Meat rather than regular meat since Dragoons drop Monster Meat. That is, if it drops any meat at all ... I also considered that it could turn into Ashes or a large skeleton when it dies instead, or perhaps even explode.

Once per dry season sounds like a giant to me.

What reason would there be to fight it? Craftables? Loot? etc.

I'll just drop in a few suggestions for attacks.

Fireball Rain: Launches flaming eggs out of the mound on its back, similar to the Volcano itself.  These would be smaller and deal less damage, but hatch way faster, bringing a few minions into the fight.

Eruption: Spews a ton of flaming saliva all over the place, causing some area denial and forcing the player to weave around the fire as they fight.

Fire Breath: Breathes a huge gust of fire in one of the four cardinal directions, which leaves behind a line of burning ground that hurts the player if they go through it.

I really like the design, but I do have some suggestions:

The head is little small in proportion to the body. (Best part of your design, Love it!!)

The front arms are a little weird. I would love to see more like very beefy arms and bigger paws.

I don't like much the tail end. It looks very artificial to me. It might look better if you give it like a hammer or axe form. You could actually include this in the combat animation. Something like it charges swinging the tail and then hammers the ground with AoE DMG.

The shell looks a little big and out of the place. You could make it a bit lower, round, and wide, like a snail shell but with the volcano turf motif.

The upper body (sides of the back, shoulders, tail) could be covered by obsidian scales as well. 

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:29 PM, SepiaPaper said:

WOW!!!...

it gives Obsidian Battle Axe if you kill it and Dragoon Tooth which combined with Quacken Beak will make a Obsdianus Shootius!

What about this:

Sharkius shootius 

5 Obsidian  1 Quacken beak  1 Tigershark eye 

Archived