Does Abigail's Flower Turn into a Regualr Flower?

Long story short, I was playing on my server, full inventory, Abigail engaged 2 tentacles, I had 2 more flowers ready at a chest so whatevs, deposit inv. items in chests, go back to retrieve Abigail's flower... and it has turned into a regular flower... a flower you pick off the ground for sanity... :T

What? Like... what? O__O

20160313181746_1.thumb.jpg.72ed26a0a8cf3

I am now debating with myself if this is a bug... a very specific bug which I would think would not be able to connect Abigail's flower to a regular flower... yet that happened... :T so... well... I just posted it here if anyone has experienced this... if so, would a kind moderator move this to the bug tracker?

Notes:

1. I only had the Geometric Placement Mod on.
  2. ... that's it... O__O

@Asparagus I've been trying to replicate this and can't seem to get it to reproduce on my end through the console, so I inspected the code and it seems that this is intended behavior. I could be totally misunderstanding the code but if you look at the abigail_flower.lua under steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\data\scripts\prefabs if you are running your server through steamcmd (OR Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\data\scripts\prefabs if you host through the client, they're both the same though), you'll see the following lines.

local function dodecay(inst)
    local x, y, z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()
    inst:Remove()
    SpawnPrefab("flower").Transform:SetPosition(x, y, z)
    SpawnPrefab("small_puff").Transform:SetPosition(x, y, z)
end

There is a function that is called dodecay that would swap out the abigail_flower prefab with a flower. So I'm guessing that is what happened there. Although the inner workings of how the game would determine when this happens are a little above my level of LUA understanding. Feel free to inspect the code further though. So ultimately, I don't think this is a bug. Short heads up to people with better LUA know-how, feel free to correct any misinformation I may have said in this post.

I hope that helps, cheers.

Wow @Zillvr, I thought I was just crazy, thanks :D

Hmm... but... from that... I... in the picture, My camp and chests were just half a screen away and I immediately returned to that spot in about a few seconds... so it seems that the transformation takes only about a few seconds before it decays... turns into regular flowers? O__O

I guess it has a random timer?

Archived