[Game Update] - 169365

11 minutes ago, smallishbird said:

Also if Wolfgang's health is over 150 it will go down to 150 when u travel between the cave, and overworld.

yeah i experienced that too.. it was summer i lost some hp but it was not that damn much. i entered to a cave and 1/4 was gone.

• Like 1

Touch Stones will now regenerate after a very short time, and each Touch Stone is usable once per player

That is an incredibly stupid idea. It encourages people to die tactically or accidentally, and get away with it scot-free. Giving people almost no penalty for dying. Remember that being dead IS ACTUALLY USEFUL. Besides for the obvious trio: Not consuming food, making it easier and quicker to farm Nightmares, and chasing some mobs into players.

There are multiple elements in a world that can be manipulated to favorable states when haunted. This list is just off the top of my head: Flowers into Evil Flowers, Mushroom types swapping, haunting tracks to hunt, changing Hound type, to farm for gems, not only chopping trees but turning them into Tree Guards, spoiling eggs faster, turning large meats into Monster Meat, haunting graves to spawn ghosts to deal damage, and haunting pigs into Werepigs (Free Hambat).

Dead Players can also interact with living things in physical ways such as haunting a Boomerang (and Blowdarts if memory serves), creating Balloon, and popping balloons when players/mobs approach.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, KCDA said:

That is an incredibly stupid idea. It encourages people to die tactically or accidentally, and get away with it scot-free. Giving people almost no penalty for dying. Remember that being dead IS ACTUALLY USEFUL. Besides for the obvious trio: Not consuming food, making it easier and quicker to farm Nightmares, and chasing some mobs into players.

There are multiple elements in a world that can be manipulated to favorable states when haunted. This list is just off the top of my head: Flowers into Evil Flowers, Mushroom types swapping, haunting tracks to hunt, changing Hound type, to farm for gems, not only chopping trees but turning them into Tree Guards, spoiling eggs faster, turning large meats into Monster Meat, haunting graves to spawn ghosts to deal damage, and haunting pigs into Werepigs (Free Hambat).

Dead Players can also interact with living things in physical ways such as haunting a Boomerang (and Blowdarts if memory serves), creating Balloon, and popping balloons when players/mobs approach.

Cool that you have an opinion, and thank you for your feedback, but please be a little bit more constructive with your choice of words and avoid insults. Thanks. 

• Like 15

I agree with the majority of KCDA's post.

Don't Starve used to be considered an uncompromising survival games. If anything, there are too many ways to resurrext: touchstones, telltale hearts, life giving amulets, meat effigies. The most "difficult" mode which is similar to the base game is turning into endless-mode light. If people want to respawn over and over, why not play Endless or Wilderness.

Another advantage of ghosts KCDA didn't mention is the ability to abuse Wicker's books without durability loss.

Personally not a fan of a lot of these changes but I understand you can't please everyone.

Some food for thought from the thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/49kmke/dst_game_update_169312/

Edited by Moon64
  • Like 14

Yeah Im gonna have to say not liking the survival nerf.  Honestly there are easier modes to play and people should be playing those if they want an easier play experience.  This whole catering to the people who are too stupid to change their default game mode or people who clearly don't understand the point of survival mode is the wrong way to go.  This is becoming a bad habit Klei, of making the game easier every time a chunk of your player base doesn't understand or is incapable of overcoming the obstacle you've placed in front of them. 

• Like 22

You know what , not a fan of that touch stone thing either .

If you were to do a touchstone regen thing , perhaps every say , 10 days , without the one player - one stone penalty ?

Just a suggestion , please consider!

:)

the only thing that will be needing a touchstone is the PvP feature am i right fellas

im not sorry

One thing i've noticed about the other complaints on the touchstone update , is a lot of unnecessary insults such as 

"Oh this update is just stupid and so is Klei!"

"This was a STUPID idea!"

"Klei is so dumb for making this"

Note , This isn't just on the forums these are overall complaints im hearing from in - game and Steam  *also im not trying to target anyone*

I doubt Klei is going to want to change their minds about the update with you guys insulting them tbh

Edited by Chirpy
dun goof'd

I'm sorry Klei, but i'm gonna have to Agree with @Moon64 , @KCDA, @Chirpy and @Clwnbaby

Mostly because I'm rooting for PVP changes in the future, and Survival is slowly morphing into a slower version of Wilderness or Endless depending on how you look at it. I mean, if I kill someone in PVP they can come back 2 times, the fun part about survival is that when someone died, they'd usually stay dead. 

Other then that I applaud the changes to the Booster shot and changing how Survival's Ghost sanity drain works.

Nontheless, Keep up the good work! 

Edited by SuperPsiPower
  • Like 13

Yeah I just realized this whole touchstone thing just gave power back to griefers.  Im liking this update even less now.  I was mainly complaining about nerfing the sanity drain on survival servers cause that was the staple of survival but now that on top of that griefers now have upwards of 4-6 respawns, NO THANK YOU. 

• Like 6

Strategic use of haunting was always an option by making life amulets. This touchstone change is probably the most balanced possible. They're supposed to be last resorts yet a lot of times i don't see them going past winter because newbie/griefers use all of them. It's okay if anyone is angry because "It's easy now it sucks", but at least be happy that you're not not "indirectly punished" for others using it anymore. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Cool that you have an opinion, and thank you for your feedback, but please be a little bit more constructive with your choice of words and avoid insults. Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, Chirpy said:

One thing i've noticed about the other complaints on the touchstone update , is a lot of unnecessary insults such as 

"Oh this update is just stupid and so is Klei!"

"This was a STUPID idea!"

"Klei is so dumb for making this"

Sorry for shoving myself in into the conversation, but how is calling an idea stupid, offensive? I don't see any insults towards Klei itself if my english is not fooling me.

• Like 2

Touchstone for everyone: Whats the matter actually of it?

9 minutes ago, Clwnbaby said:

Yeah I just realized this whole touchstone thing just gave power back to griefers

Can't you reduce the amount of touchstone while generating the world? Didn't you just say

35 minutes ago, Clwnbaby said:

This whole catering to the people who are too stupid to change their default game mode or

And:

1 hour ago, KCDA said:

That is an incredibly stupid idea. It encourages people to die tactically or accidentally, and get away with it scot-free.

This problem has been already existed. Before, players needed to die as soon as possible. Now they can ve time, wander around and find a touch stone like on singleplayer

Besides, try to ressurect during winter with all your stuff lost or find a toch stone in a cave.

Edited by werlpolf
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, SuperPsiPower said:

the fun part about survival is that when someone died, they'd usually stay dead

Isn't it fun to kill your victims a 2nd or 3rd time without waiting for a server restart?? Actually player can hide living amulets and use them instead. I see touchstones as boosts for the first days until you can craft red amulets

• Like 2

I like the changes . The touch stone is among them ... That is mainly because I only play co-op with friends .

As for PvP I don't know never played it ... Waiting for multiplayer special items/feature/etc to try it .

Edited by 1v0
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

I like of the changes . The touch stone is among them ... That is mainly because I only play co-op with friends .

As for PvP I don't know never played it ... Waiting for multiplayer special items/feature/etc to try it .

Why play survival at that point?  If you want infinite respawns, there's already two modes for that: wilderness and endless.

Not counting the already numerous ways to revive yourself already.

All three game modes are practically the same at this point.

As for waiting for PVP balance, good luck because you'll be waiting for a long time. We've been begging for months.

Edited by Moon64
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, Moon64 said:

Why play survival at that point?  If you want infinite respawns, there's already two modes for that: wilderness and endless.

Not counting the already numerous ways to revive yourself already.

All three game modes are practically the same at this point.

"Touch Stones will now regenerate after a very short time, and each Touch Stone is usable once per player" Every touch stone can be used once per player so you use it once and you can't use it anymore only your friends ... true it will make the game easier and the main reason I play DS/DST is because its a hard but well ... I hope that TtA adds some really hard and heavy content that you can't beat alone .

Edited by 1v0

Actually I don't like a lot the idea of the regenerate the touchstones, I mean, You can resurrect by a lot better ways, like an life giving amulet. It's a bit expensive get them (not much) But will be more effective! I dunno if make them regenerate it's an good idea. Also, someone can tell me the regeneration time? because very short it's like say 5 to 8 days to me.

• Like 4

Just now, Neutral_Steve said:

Actually I don't like a lot the idea of the regenerate the touchstones, I mean, You can resurrect by a lot better ways, like an life giving amulet. It's a bit expensive get them (not much) But will be more effective! I dunno if make them regenerate it's an good idea. Also, someone can tell me the regeneration time? because very short it's like say 5 to 8 days to me.

20 seconds

• Like 2