Anarchy
A fictional Don't Starve Together story. 
We arrived back at our forest encampment and started the fire. The four of us sat beside the roaring fire as night fell and chatted. Wes wanted to start a launching mini-raids on their base, and Wickerbottom agreed. I was still wondering if we would be able to take on The King and his forces with just the four of us. Wes was a capable leader though, and we split up to gather supplies as morning fell. Wilson and I had to get four pairs of moggles, so I commissioned Wilson to gather glow berries, half hoping the task would harden him for the coming battles. 

I journeyed out to capture some mole worms while Wickerbottom gather logs and pigskins for extra armour. Wes had gone to scout the enemy base. I was whacking mole number five with my hammer when a Woodie walked on screen. It was the same Woodie from The King's army. He was clad in a top hat and was wearing a piggyback. The lumberjack wielded a shovel, but I knew he could draw his weapon and don his armour instantly if need be. But, it seemed he was here for diplomacy. "Don't worry, I'm not here to fight, I just came to ask about your decision". It felt like he had said it like it had changed the course of history. He continued his statement, "The King is a forgiving person, if you changed your mind and want to switch to the winning side... We'll be willing to take you". It was oddly satisfying to have someone at least ask me if I wanted to go through with my decision, but I knew what my path would lead to. "Thanks for the offer, but I'm past the point of return" I told him.

Woodie thanked me for my time, and then he walked off screen as dusk fell. I continued back to the base after I had finished whacking the rest of the moles, still thinking about what Woodie had asked me. Maybe I had decided too quickly. I wondered if I should have sided with The King instead. I dismissed the thoughts as I arrived back at the base. Wilson was there, and he presented me with the four glow berries needed for the moggles. I quickly crafted the pairs of moggles and we waited for Wes and Wickerbottom to arrive back. Wickerbottom returned seconds before night fell, coming quickly to our roaring fire. Then halfway through the night Wes arrived with a torch in hand. He asked us how our preparations had gone. Things had gone well on my end, and Wickerbottom had gotten plenty of wood and a few pigskins. 

Wes told us he had scouted the outside of the base and made a plan. I asked Wes if he had been seen, and he told us he was pretty sure he hadn't been. It turns out he was wrong, as day fell we saw our campfire surrounded by some of The King's troops. It was Woodie and the three Wolfgang's. They were all wearing moggles, and Woodie had nightmare armour and a dark sword. The Wolfgang's all had tentacles spikes and log suits, and they quickly switched their moggles for football helmets. Wes cursed, and we surrounded out fire pit in a defensive position. Woodie and his enforcers charged us. Wickerbottom battled Woodie while each of us battle one of the Wolfgang's. There was no impressive kiting or fancy tactics. Just grinding, slow, combat. We traded hit for hit, and eventually things began to look hopeful. 

Wickerbottom had switched to a defensive kiting position, and Wes had just killed the Wolfgang he was duelling. Wes ran to the aid of Wickerbottom and helped her battle Woodie. I was still engaged in a battle against my own Wolfgang, but Wilson, who had finished off his opponent ran over to help me. As soon as the second Wolfgang died, the flow of battle had changed dramatically. Woodie realized fighting this battle was a lost cause, and he fled, taking the last remaining Wolfgang with him. The two ghosts floated sourly after them. Wilson briefly gave chase, but Wes ordered him to get back to the base. That night, we stood beside our fire and planned. We all knew this was just a preliminary attack, and that to stop more attacks like this we needed to kill The King. Wickerbottom wanted to launch a massive counterattack, but I shot down her idea. I explained my own idea, which Wes approved. The plan was to lure The King into bringing all his forces to attack us. 

But the battle would take place in an area where we had a major advantage. I had decided on a giant rocky biome covered in tier three spider dens. With the spiders, we could negate The King's number advantage. As morning came, much to Wickerbottom's dismay, Wes handed me one of the tentacle spikes we had got from Woodie's entourage. We headed out to the rocky biome after grabbing anything of value from our base. Once we arrived, Wickerbottom told The King's forces about our location. I wonder if they would actually come, but I had a strange feeling they would. We made our way into the centre of the biome, where there was a small area with no webbing. I saw queens and spiders hordes wandering as dusk fell, and I hoped that my team ages wouldn't be slain by the arachnids before the battle came. Night fell, and we saw The King's forces approaching with lanterns. 

Archived