Chaos

A fictional Don't Starve Together story. 
If Webber chose to join Wes. 
I had to join Wes, The King and WX-78 couldn't be trusted. I ran off my spider nest over to Wes and Wickerbottom. WX-78 cursed once in chat, then before The King could reorganize, WX-78 ordered a charge. Without words, we knew what to do. We fled out of the desert, hoping to lose them. Wes led us for a while and we spent almost an entire day fleeing. We ran into the dragonfly's biome and ran through it, hoping to get the Dragonfly to dispatch our attackers, or at least stall them. The Dragonfly started chasing Wickerbottom, but after a little maneuvering the Dragonfly aggro'ed on our enemies. We ran through the night and through most of the next morning until Wes was sure we had lost them.

During our temporary reprieve, Wes introduced me to Wickerbottom. Wickerbottom seemed nice enough but she also seemed like a bit of a hoarder. I dismissed the thought while Wes led us to his base. It was a little encampment inside of the woods. We lit up the fire and discussed our strategy for fighting our new enemies. I told everyone we would have to get some backup, since our opponents had a huge number advantage. Wes jokingly said we should grab some broken clockworks and I laughed. We made plans to arm some new-spawns and have them join our ranks. Wickerbottom suggested we hold a fighting tournament with the new spawns, but I thought it was a tacky idea. Ultimately we decided to test the armed new spawns by making them fight pigs before they joined the ranks. 

Then we discussed the issue of WX-78. Wes said we would have to be extra careful of him and The King, but I said we should focus on killing them in a fight. Wes told us we should avoid engaging them unless necessary, as The King was talented at kiting. If I did get to fight The King, I would have to be very careful. From what Wes was describing one wrong move could get me killed. As morning came, we set out and traveled to spawn. There was a small band of new spawns, two Wilson's and a Wigfrid. We told them they could join our base if they passed our test. 

We convinced them to follow us to some pig houses and got one of the Wilson's to battle the pig. Poor Wilson would always be remembered as the one who couldn't even hit the pig twice. He died a stupid death and begged us to revive him. We refused, and he floated his way back to spawn. The Wigfrid was up next. We brought her to a full health pig and she killed it. She took a couple hits from the pig though, and we were dubious about recruiting her. The last Wilson managed to kill the last pig without taking any damage, and I was sure he would definitely be joining us. Then Wickerbottom told the two that they had one last test. 

They would have to battle to the death, and the winner would join us. I expected Wes to shut down this idea, but he remained silent. I watched in mild horror as Wickerbottom gave Wilson a spear and log suit and then proceed to preform a fight countdown. Wickerbottom's only fight stipulation was that nobody could go off screen, and if they did they were disqualified. It was quite the fight. I expected a back and forth fight, ending with someone barely winning, but that idea was too unrealistic. Wilson destroyed Wigfrid in about fifteen seconds. He didn't even take a single hit. Wigfrid didn't even bother begging for a revive, she just bitterly floated away. I was quite surprised Wes let Wickerbottom play god. But, Wickerbottom welcomed Wilson aboard and we headed back to our base. 

Wes congratulated Wilson on his victory, and we arrived back at our base. I had a feeling I made the right choice. With Wilson on our side and Wes leading us, nobody could stand in our way. 

Archived