[Game Update] - 163935

Changes

• Goose Moose will now defend Moslings that are being attacked by Frogs
  • Added support for legs clothing to be tucked or untucked depending on pant and shoe cuff size
  • Batilisks will no longer spawn out of inactive Sinkholes

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where Ancient Statues may drop the wrong coloured gem when mined after a server is loaded back up from a save file
  • Fixed bug where stack size was not preserved when objects are transformed by haunting
  • Fixed bug where creatures that consumed entire stacks of food at once did not receive the full effects of the entire stack
  • Fixed bug where Deconstruction Staff did not work on objects, like the Lantern or Miner Hat, if they ran out of fuel
  • Fixed various player animation bugs
  • Fixed bug with Rundown Houses not saving burnt state
  • Fixed bug where burnt Pig Houses and Rabbit Hutches would spawn a Pig Man or Bunnyman after reloading the save file

View full update

Edited by V2C
Hot Fix
  • Like 14

There is a weird ban button bug as well... Although i did not confirm, probably this happens like that.

If you and the guy you wanna ban is in the same server (say you both are in overworld server) ban button successfully disconnects and bans the player however if the guy you wanna ban and you are in different servers (say you are sitting in overworld whilst griefer went into spelunking) ban button does not disconnect player from the server but strangely enough everytime you press ban button his ku id replicates itself into the blocklist.txt. So by any chance if you think that ban button does not work and abuse that button 15 times, you will find urself noticing that you got 15 same ku id in the very end of the blocklist.txt but this does not ban the guy for that session. Found it a bit weird. I gotta totally understand how it exactly works but I know this happened to one of my admins before and happened to me today. What I saw was the guy was in another server and I witnessed that his ku id were written in blocklist.txt for 5 times whereas he was still in the server.. This ku id replication happened once my friend told me that he could not ban the guy despite he spammed ban button.

yes this happens exactly like this.. So when you press ban button, it actually bans the player from overworld server but not caves. So he can hang out in caves till server resets. If he somehow tries to migrate to main shard however he will be disconnected and get banned...

Cave chester is not available anymore? I tried to teleport myself to a chester eyebone in caves and it did not work.

Edited by Gingerbread

You know what time it is!

Remember when I said that the tools were appearing above the head with the character on right in the menu? Well, now both of them share this problem.

Spoiler

hSLBUcx.png

Stalagmites are still flickering when mined in their last stage. And talking about rocks, all of them don't make their destruction noise on clients.

Spoiler

HSA98zg.png

This one probably happens because of the quantity of shaking the camera is receiving, but using the "End of the World" will make the camera sink to the bottom right while the lightning happens.

Spoiler

vxWDKk3.jpg

And once again I will make this suggestion, it would be nice if the craft menu stayed above chat.

Also, a thing that I wanna mention is, as caves are implemented now we got world options for cave world too. But in game lobby where you see the server lists, when you click on view world button, you can only see overworld settings. I guess cave settings should be seen from this button as well.

Also a bug with dst is when a birch tree transforms into a treeguard they are expected to spawn birchnutters around you. But lets say if i dont approach to poisonous birch tree and go away couple of screen and then return to the poisonous birch tree again, they don't spawn any birchnutters so you can safely chop them down.

these might be worthwhile to fix too. Especially second one takes some challenge out of the game.

9 hours ago, V2C said:

Goose Moose will now defend Moslings that are being attacked by Frogs

Mother Goose will now PROPERLY defend her young -.-

Thank you for acknowledging my bug report.

Though I can see people were... Willingly keeping it from your attention.

Edited by Zackreaver
  • Like 4

How about a little tweak for the controller?, I mean, when you play in keyboard you can grab any near item or perform an action with the spacebar, why not with a controller?, I use a keyboard/mouse emulator with the controller and setting a button to the spacebar and is quite more comfortable, fast and accurate than the actual focus&action system, even is closer to the keyboard/mouse combo experience, setting the A button (using an xbox 360 controller as an example) to work as spacebar can solve the problems to select things near each other and the attack action could be similar, the problem is when you try to start a fight, you need to focus on the target, when the target is fast or is surrounded by other things could be pretty hard a simple task that can be performed in keyboard with ctrl+f.
I know that the controller improvements are not a priority and the keyboard and mouse are the best option to play but the actual way to play with controller feels a bit incomplete, forced and unnecessary hard to master for those reasons, something that could be much better more automated

Error

Spoiler

[00:00:53]: Reset() returning
[00:00:53]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init(11012, 11002, 11022)
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 322330
[00:01:17]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init success
threadtools.cpp (4209) : Assertion Failed: Probably deadlock or failure waiting
for thread to initialize.
Assert( Assertion Failed: Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to ini
tialize. ):threadtools.cpp:4209

..\common\pipes.cpp (739) : Assertion Failed: fatal stalled cross-thread pipe

Edited by Maris

• Developer
50 minutes ago, Coleoud said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place I looked around and didn't find an area to post questions.

Is there any plans to implement Maxwell any time soon into DST so we don't have to use the custom steam mod?

Hey @Coleoud, you could've just posted a topic about this in the [Don't Starve Together - BETA] General Discussion subforum, update threads are mostly used to discuss... well, the update at hand :)

Maxwell wasn't implemented right now mostly because of lore, but I believe also partially because of other things Klei is handling right now, like the Trade Inn mechanics and the possible marketability of items, not counting the game's bugs they have to squish.

Will he be out any time soon? No idea.

Will he be out in the future? I'm 99% Sure the answer is yes.

Edited by ImDaMisterL