[Game Update] - 166077

Changes

• Player hosted servers now include Caves without needing to setup dedicated servers
  • Dedicated server configurations have been updated to improve cluster and shard definitions

"Trade Inn Preview" branch is now available! (Build: 165915)

How to opt into the tradeinnpreview branch:

Spoiler
  • In steam click on Library > Games.
  • Scroll down to Don't Starve Together Beta.
  • Right-click, select Properties.
  • Go to the Betas tab.
  • In the dropdown, select the tradeinnpreview branch.
  • In that same properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press Verify Integrity Of Game Cache.
  • Run Don't Starve Together

step1_properties.png.e393bfd8b843b29d87f

step2_tradeinnpreview.png.8225ae8699eb33

step3_verifygamecache.png.79b684e6d989d1

View full update

Edited by V2C
Hotfix (build: 166077)
  • Like 14

Was able to complete around five Trade Inns successfully, and now I keep getting this error message >.>

Edit: so I did a different combination of items, worked just fine. I think one of the common items I threw in is causing the error :T I'll see if I can figure out which one it is...

UHHH now I'm missing items I tried to trade inn and got an error for and never got anything back O.O which means they went poof into thin air *cries*

2016-02-11_00002.jpg

12 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

HA HA HA

$193 FOR LOUNGEWEAR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*repeated face desks*

Edited by Exhu

9 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

HA HA HA

$193 FOR LOUNGEWEAR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And give it time it just came out the market needs time to stabilize.

Theres problems going on with the market atm. Anything with the same name is lumped in together, i.e all of the GoH's are under the same listing. if you purchase one you have no idea which one your gonna get.

Edited by Rocandy
  • Like 1

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Rocandy said:

Theres problems going on with the market atm. Anything with the same name is lumped in together, i.e all of the GoH's are under the same listing. if you purchase one you have no idea which one your gonna get.

Should be fixed now. Sorry about that.

• Like 3

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Exhu said:

UHHH now I'm missing items I tried to trade inn and got an error for and never got anything back O.O which means they went poof into thin air *cries*

Hey Exhu, can you please send me your KU and we'll look into what happened on your account. I don't believe you will have lost any items, but we'll look into your account to verify what occurred.

2 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Hey Exhu, can you please send me your KU and we'll look into what happened on your account. I don't believe you will have lost any items, but we'll look into your account to verify what occurred.

K I'm hoping I'm wrong, it was just commons, but it gave me the error like five times on the same item combo and then they were gone and I don't remember getting an item for them >.<

Also will opting into trade inn beta branch not show servers? Cuz I'm not seeing any on the list now

Edited by Exhu

Seeing the current skin prices is comical. Commons and classies are selling for multiple dollars. I really hope nobody is dumb enough to buy for these prices. 

Oh, and on the mac version, DST's title is "simple directmedia layer" :p

edit: and I don't think the worldgen options are working. I tried to generate a blank map, but none of my changes went through. 

Edited by Arcita

Just now, PeterA said:

Correct, it's a different build, so you won't see everyone else's servers.

K so you just have to switch back and forth when you want to use the Trade Inn.. gotcha. Also I had some damn good luck for my first trades XD Two spiffy robes from common trade inns.

Just now, artemiyME said:

Is it possible to host a server on trade-in preview? If it is what is the option command for updating from command line/terminal? Is it worth making servers on trade-in branch anyway?

literally was just wondering where your pvp server went cuz I was on it when you started the update XD

Just a reminder to submit bug reports here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/

10 minutes ago, bjklein89 said:

My first trade in was a major success. I exchanged 9 common items and received a green silk loungewear! Looking forward to the clothing recipes Peter mentioned on stream to reduce the ratio for a trade in.

Nice, Congrats!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bjklein89 said:

My first trade in was a major success. I exchanged 9 common items and received a green silk loungewear! Looking forward to the clothing recipes Peter mentioned on stream to reduce the ratio for a trade in.

damn and I thought my luck was good O.O

Time to worship my Beefalo Trader statue.

HoooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiNeeeedissssssssssssssssssstinuguished tuxedoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ErrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrElllllllllllllllllegannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt Guest of Honor Please..........