[Game Update] - 166227

Changes

• Players will no longer be disconnected for being idle on their own hosted server
  • Added an option for enabling and disabling Multi-Leveled Worlds hosting

Bug Fixes

• Fixed missing file in Linux dedicated server package
  • Fixed missing icons and title on Mac clients

Notes

• You have separate save slots when Multi-Leveled Worlds option is enabled or disabled
  • When Multi-Leveled Worlds is disabled, you can host a standalone Forest or Cave only server and use all console commands

View full update

• Like 12

@V2C

max_snapshots = 5
tick_rate = 10
server_save_slot = 1
steam_group_id =
steam_group_only = false
whitelist_slot = 1
enable_vote_kick = true
enable_autosaver = true
connection_timeout = 8000
enable_snapshots = true
lan_only_server = false

Where should I place these settings?? (Dedicated Server)

Edited by anselch1011

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin\dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe" -backup_logs -console -conf_dir DedicatedServer -cluster Cluster_1 -shard Master

I use this command line! Is it right?

Klei - DedicatedServer - Cluster_1 - Master !!!

Hello! I've been having this problem since a few patches ago.

Using this command "c_select() c_sel():Remove()" will always crash my game after a couple of minutes. If I use it only once, it will crash after 5 minutes or so. If I use it more than once, for example, to remove different objects in game, it crashes almost instantly, or after 15 seconds.

I have also noticed that in the current beta preview (Trade Inn), I am unable to copy and paste console commands. I have to type them out or they do not work.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, FatPraline said:

I have also noticed that in the current beta preview (Trade Inn), I am unable to copy and paste console commands. I have to type them out or they do not work.

Since you mentioned it, you've never been able to copy/paste console commands in the linux build. Pls Klei, have mercy on us lazy linux users. :'/

Umm, something weird happened while I was hosting a multi-level server. I opened up a sinkhole during winter to get some lanterns for my friends and I when I started loading the caves world. Instead of giving me a caves world, I got a portal to an alternate dimension via sinkhole. 

tl:dr, I have two overworlds connected via sinkhole, no caves.

EDIT: I made another world to check if it's the same problem with all worlds I make, but I got caves. It's only that one world.

Edited by Chris1488

• Developer
1 hour ago, Arcita said:

Since you mentioned it, you've never been able to copy/paste console commands in the linux build. Pls Klei, have mercy on us lazy linux users. :'/

The console also corrupts itself subtly if you navigate around it with arrow keys. :( 

Hey, so is Hutch (aka caves Chester) in the main build now or only in the beta branch? I haven't really had a chance to go spelunking lately and see for myself.

EDIT: Oh and also, has anyone had the "Game has stopped working" box pop up when trying to exit the game? This has been happening to me on Windows 7 every time I try to quit to desktop. 

Edited by Quyzbuk
  • Like 2

So I just realized, with this new update, 99% of hosts will never see console text from their client unless they disable multiworlds. It's kind of dumb that it's now default that console text won't be seen from the client. Is it possible to make it so that admins/hosts receive console info? 

- tiny little feature could be implemented for those playing PVP - toggle ON/OFF movement prediction in settings? 

- i see that this last update "broke" lot of servers and IDK if those hosting these servers needs to figure out how to "host them better" BUT my ping went up on everywhere after this update (my connection is the same) so now i don't know if those servers are "bad" or that update is "bad"

- i think that overall the game is "eating up more resources" than before this update (im on Mac)

- mining ice glaciers doesn't make any sound now (i read on forums about more stuff without sound)

+1 to Quyzbuk and TemporaryMan ... Windows XP

BTW about that cave chester. It will be probably cool tiny little feature but i don't really understand why is this "first" feature that is coming? I feel that this is little bit useless to game right now. We have been testing this version of DST for looooong time (caves are in for how long? half a year?) and we have beefalo riding implemented on 50% (which will be awesome when its on 100%) and now cave chester? This feels little weird that cave chester has priority in front of i guess anything else?

I was expecting that you put all your firepower to fixing these server problems and "finish" this version of DST so we can move on to TTA and features that matters for better gameplay/replayability. I don't see how cave chester matters right now when we have tons of bugs in here and right now problem with those servers.

Well i will be testing your game and posting bugs forever if needed but i feel like it has been really long time and we arrived to cave chester :D. Also you said that this is the sneakiest of previews so i guess there is tons of coding to be done and work to finish his looks (i hope that this is not his final form) for cave chester. Seems to me like lot of time to be put into feature that we should get at the end of TTA as bonus and not before. Well at least this is my opinion .)

• Like 1

@t0panka

If you check last week stream you'll notice that the cave Chester is being worked on by a completely different guy who has nothing to do with the features you speak of, so it doesn't really slow down the development of those features and having it come out first only means that it was easier/faster to complete.