All Released Skins (as of now)

56 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

I know I'm not whining. @minespatch was misguided about the loyal item, which is clearly just for Tencent. I went to help and explain. There's a difference between "bad Chinese players, getting things others do not" and "this is only something Chinese get".

Even if Tencent players get the hat, I'm just happy there's a hat in the game that's similar to a hat I use in real life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr41k said:

Mmmmm, exclusive FREE skins for Chinese players and absolutely nothing for other players. Thx, klei.

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I don't believe Klei made another tgp exclusive skins... maybe people in China just already got the update (that we will also get today), which is not totally fair, but eh, can be understandable (China is on the other side of the world, being a half day later then we, right?).

So I think we will get these in the update today, if everything goes well. Or something went wrong again, just like with the five new skins abaut a month ago, that were released accidentally. Klei gave them then us too.

Are....

Are you two serious?

No really, I seriously can't tell if you're joking or not. It makes sense that China got the Chinese New Year  skins first. Now you also gotta remember that the Year of the Gobbler update is still in BETA, which means it's NOT COMPLETE. We're obviously gonna be getting these skins when the Chinese New Year update truly starts, which could be later today for all you know.

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 11

4 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

. Now you also gotta remember that the Year of the Gobbler update is still in BETA, which means it's NOT COMPLETE.

Chris has a point, maybe the rose collection will be entirely released after Beta closes, which would be perfect based on who Charlie is to the plot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Chris has a point, maybe the rose collection will be entirely released after Beta closes, which would be perfect based on who Charlie is to the plot.

I was more talking about the Chinese New Year Event skins that were showcased. I'm not expecting the Rose Collection to be released with the Year of the Gobbler.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris1488 said:

I was more talking about the Chinese New Year Event skins that were showcased. I'm not expecting the Rose Collection to be released with the Year of the Gobbler.

I understand that but I was referring to what you bolded. The game "being in beta" and whatnot.

• Like 1

@t0panka Sorry, it seems I wasn't clear enough. I'm also not a native english speaker, so it can happen.

What I wanted to say is that: 

• If people on tgp get a skin, it doesn't mean it's exclusive, we might get it later.
  • Anyone can make mistakes, so it also could have happened that Klei did something wrong. This happened before...the skins that were released accidentally were also then given to us too, so Klei was really kind and fair. (But as these skins are connected to the Chinese new Year, I doubt that were some mishap.)
  • Even if tgp players get it exclusively or just earlier, it's the Chinese New Year after all, so it's logical that they get it (or before us), just as you also said.
  • When I said "China is on the other half of the world", I meant that they might get the update earlier because fo the time-delay. Not sure if it's that way or they get it the same time as we, so that they get it on friday (instead of thursday).

So again, sorry if I was misunderstood, I didn't mean to say anything bad to the Chinese New Year or tgp. My point was (wanted to be...) that we should wait to get more information abaut all of this. Klei doesn't do things without reason.

And also that (as Klei said) the full update will contain more stuff than introduced in the beta. So wait it out, I'm sure it'll be good! :)

(Also @Chris1488, it just took long to answer. It's clear for me that the beta in incomplete yet. ;) And as I didn't have much time at my last post, I just didn't write understandably enough. Hope this time I'm more clear! )

• Like 4

Just now, Maslak said:

And I'm just here like 'Why is non-chineese new year so normal, common and usual? :c'.

There is deep philosophy in Chinese new year and also it is much more sophisticated. Our new year is just different number and drinking like retards :D

Just now, t0panka said:

There is deep philosophy in Chinese new year and also it is much more sophisticated. Our new year is just different number and drinking like retards :D

Yeah, you're right... I hate new year, planned making some avi with depressed Charlie but laziness got me. It's just one year closer to death, just like birthday, which I don't like either.

• Developer
6 hours ago, fimmatek said:

So I think we will get these in the update today, if everything goes well. Or something went wrong again, just like with the five new skins abaut a month ago, that were released accidentally. Klei gave them then us too.

Yeah, there's nothing sinister going on! We were doing a simultaneous launch of Steam and Tencent but we screwed up timezones and so @PeterA and I had to turn on these items at midnight our time. It'll be going live on Steam as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Like 17

• Developer
5 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Tencent is simply a very big player, business-wise, and if Klei wants to be given any money for the game there, they have to play to the big platform's tune.

Nah, tencent has been super nice to us, none of the take-it-or-leave-it demands you'd expect and that other platforms sometimes give. This is just the regular old screwups that we do all the time. :) 

• Like 17

9 hours ago, t0panka said:

Oh, come on. What country are you talking about? Because I really disagree with the statement, skins or not. Now you're making me feel bad in spite of knowing my traditions are not inferior.