We need the real Cast Away Wilson immediately

Spoiler

There is a Volleyball item named "Rawlings" in the files.

Rawlings.png.8e5cb5417a71e1e8e10bfebbb26

There are also references to a "Mail Pack" or "Letter Carrier Bag" in the files that would work similar to a Backpack.

Probably this was all related to a Shipwrecked character named "Watricia" that was inspired by "Castaway". Sadly she got scrapped somewhere in the development and replaced by Wilbur. While he fits the tropical theme of Shipwrecked as a monkey, his perks don't seem really inspired in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Mueck said:
  Hide contents

Rawlings.png.8e5cb5417a71e1e8e10bfebbb26

There are also references to a "Mail Pack" or "Letter Carrier Bag" in the files that would work similar to a Backpack.

Probably this was all related to a Shipwrecked character named "Watricia" that was inspired by "Castaway". Sadly she got scrapped somewhere in the development and replaced by Wilbur. While he fits the tropical theme of Shipwrecked as a monkey, his perks don't seem really inspired in my opinion.

Thats simply amazing

may i ask if some files refer to how Watricia would have been?

55 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I really wish Watricia was added. Rawlings could have been so cool

Spoiler

You can spawn him in using the console. The prefab name is "rawlings". You can throw him around and he will talk using Lucy's voice. ;-)

I think it would be cool if while playing the original character Wilson he would either spawn with a volleyball friend or be able to craft one. I think it would be a sanity boost item, like a permanent sandcastle. Maybe it would need beard hair to craft? It could be called "Wilsonson"...

On 2/25/2016 at 2:27 PM, Mueck said:
  Hide contents

Rawlings.png

I found him in my game :D but then for some reason he disapeared :( left him in the floor of my base.

2 hours ago, Klarum said:

I found him in my game :D but then for some reason he disapeared :( left him in the floor of my base.

Do you have monkeys nearby? If the answer is yes, then they probably stole him...

And now for something different :) With this mod the rawling will look exactly like Wilson in "Cast Away":

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=670023845

Archived