Shipwrecked Build 167804 - Feb 25th

Just now, Troxism said:

Some of these mods I'm working on have instability issues (since I am no Lua Expert), or haven't been tested enough by me yet/need more tuning. I'll probably post about it at some point, but obviously not here (already derailing thread enough). Just kind of working on it 'on and off'.

Oh that's fine, I was mostly referring to your ideas, you don't need to feel inclined to share your code :). Basically post out your own balancing suggestions.

Just now, AnonymousKoala said:

Also, Klei, please, now that you've added so many awesome stuff...make sea combat not suck.

The only way to survive sea hounds at sea is to tank them, and the boats can't tank a thing.

Faster boats, a few new boats designed ESPECIALLY for combat, and maybe armors for boats(reduces damage taken from sea monsters), and Sea Combat would work like land combat. Just...don't keep it in the way it is right now. You have 0 reasons, to fight anything at sea that isn't a lame weak mob.

Yeah, several references were made to this point, hopefully it's going to be run through a few times.

1 minute ago, Luponius said:

Oh that's fine, I was mostly referring to your ideas, you don't need to feel inclined to share your code :). Basically post out your own balancing suggestions.

Yeah, several references were made to this point, hopefully it's going to be run through a few times.

Honestly, if the stuff discussed in the topic you made with the things the community talked about mostly(or at least most of these stuff), I'll be satisfied. I can make due with just tweaking and balancing the mechanics we already have, but one can always hope haha.

5 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Can someone catch me up on all the new craftables like the shark tooth crown and what does it does.

The Shark Tooth Crown is a dapper item and restores your sanity similar to a Top Hat.

The Horned Helmet works similar to the Football Helmet. 

The Sea Sack works similar to the Insulated Pack / Chef Pouch.

The Dripple Pipes make it rain (because if there is one thing that's missing from Shipwrecked it's rain and more wetness). 

I don't know yet if the Cactus Armor hurts your attackers, that would be cool.

9 hours ago, Gotheran said:

So what incentive is there to deal with the *sigh* quacken.... outside of unlocking woodlegs. He drops no food, a small handful of handy but not unique loot that can easily be earned elsewhere and likely easier.

You know, he drops the Booty Bag... which is like a Backpack... but looks cool... maybe. 

13 minutes ago, Mueck said:

The Shark Tooth Crown is a dapper item and restores your sanity similar to a Top Hat.

The Horned Helmet works similar to the Football Helmet. 

The Sea Sack works similar to the Insulated Pack / Chef Pouch.

The Dripple Pipes make it rain (because if there is one thing that's missing from Shipwrecked it's rain and more wetness). 

I don't know yet if the Cactus Armor hurts your attackers, that would be cool.

You know, he drops the Booty Bag... which is like a Backpack... but looks cool... maybe. 

What is the benefit of dripple pipes?

Horned Helmet has no more unique perk? what does it do differently than the football helmet anyway?

Does Shark Tooth Crown do anything else? Interactions with sea hounds? 

What is the sea sack's unique thing? 

31 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

What is the benefit of dripple pipes?

Doesn't rain cool you down? So you could maybe use it against overheating in dry season. Also rains make your crops grow faster. But it's already raining almost half of the year. 

31 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Horned Helmet has no more unique perk? what does it do differently than the football helmet anyway?

Does Shark Tooth Crown do anything else? Interactions with sea hounds? 

What is the sea sack's unique thing? 

The Horned Helmet also gives you poison protection from snakes and spider warriors like the Seashell Suit.

For the others, sorry, I honestly don't know. 

Edited by Mueck

23 minutes ago, Mueck said:

Doesn't rain cool you down? So you could maybe use it against overheating in dry season. Also rains make your crops grow faster. But it's already raining almost half of the year. 

The Horned Helmet also gives you poison protection from snakes and spider warriors like the Seashell Suit.

For the others, sorry, I honestly don't know. 

Horned Helmet sounds useless to me, but oh well.

I'll figure the rest out myself probably. Thanks anyway

Wow! These look like some really cool additions! I wish I could play this darn DLC without manually going in to my program files and deleting my mods folder.. >.< I wish klei was less focused on adding some lame faced content like squid-ducks and would actually give a turd about bugs preventing their players from players from playing.

I bought this awesome looking, save plaguing DLC 20, that's right 20 DAYS ago and I haven't been able to play it for more then 2 damn seconds because I made the mistake of thinking that it would be okay to leave all the mods I had subed from vanilla and RoG in my list but disabled, going through the arduous process of switching out a whole set of mods... enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable enable disable
(presets maybe would be a good idea considering maybe people don't want the same mod sets on every save...)

oh no but that's all good and dandy because I only had to do that once because, to my dismay, after subbing new mods exclusively for SW (having only 10 mods enabled... oh wait I can have only 1 mod enabled and still get out of memory for no reason but that klei is being incompetent.) I get **** on by a crash that was reported, and thoroughly investigated (@Ultroman,) 9 MONTHS AGO!!

So where I'm left is deleting all my mods and losing my progress in vanilla and RoG saves (my high day saves are heavily mod dependent, but alas I cant play with a single one) but being able to play this *cool* new game breaking expansion that I bought or I can do nothing and wait until this is fixed so I can go back to playing my RoG save that I know and love. After the last couple days of trying to deal with this BS I choose neither. I don't really give a damn about this game anymore I'm just posting here so maybe this stupid faced bug will get fixed so other people can stop being bothered by it.

Also @Bryce, where the hell do I demand a refund for this stupid DLC that I never got to leave the first freaking island!!?

Pre-edit: curses omitted, : P still haven't forgot how awesome the community on this here forum is.

Edit: I also took my 400 hours and wrote a review.

░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░░░██
███░░░░░██░░░░██░██████████
████████░░░░░░████░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██░░██████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░█
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░████░░█
█████████░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░█
███░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░██
░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░██
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░██
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░██
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███

Edited by Kam297
No love

47 minutes ago, Kam297 said:

[...]

Also @Bryce, where the hell do I demand a refund for this stupid DLC that I never got to leave the first freaking island!!?

[...]

You have to leave the first island! This expansion is actually really really fun. Playing Shipwrecked and never leaving the first island is like playing Call of Duty and never killing everyone. The great part about Shipwrecked is it gives you a whole new fresh feeling for Don't Starve and is a lot happier and brighter. Plus if you like Cast Away then how could you not like this?

1 minute ago, NoQuitting said:

You have to leave the first island! This expansion is actually really really fun. Playing Shipwrecked and never leaving the first island is like playing Call of Duty and never killing everyone. The great part about Shipwrecked is it gives you a whole new fresh feeling for Don't Starve and is a lot happier and brighter. Plus if you like Cast Away then how could you not like this?

I got to day 3, got down all the basics before I started learned boatery and foolishly started a new world after adding mods and I've been trying to get a world to generate for weeks. This after not being able to get RoG/vanilla worlds to restart for months and months and months thinking I needed to trim my mod list but intrigued because I only had a few mods enabled.

I'm just done with it all, back to killing everyone for me xD I'd rather get on my xbox where at least I know everything is going to be consistently ****ty. (my brother deleted all our xbox games the other day right before xbox services, specifically the services letting you download games you own, went out for 2 days :D) soo now that I've got other games to play again and since I never had the opportunity to play SW because of this nonsence I'm pretty much done with DS.

When I first started getting this crash with RoG I even went as far as to dual boot ubuntu on my laptop (this sounds easy but at the time I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get it to work alongside win 8) thinking that having more then 2gb of ram was gonna help. na this bug sucks ram like *bad joke here*.

2 hours ago, Mueck said:

It's the same size as a regular backpack, I didn't test anything long enough to see if it has any significant use or reason to not hold about the same as the krampus sack or piggy back.

And then Woodlegs special boat is unforgivably slow, its not even bearable  to get from one island to another, and his constant sanity drain for not being at sea had better be weak enough to be countered by a garland hat, otherwise he is going to suck playing in the RoG world.

Edited by Gotheran
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kam297 said:

oh no but that's all good and dandy because I only had to do that once because, to my dismay, after subbing new mods exclusively for SW (having only 10 mods enabled... oh wait I can have only 1 mod enabled and still get out of memory for no reason but that klei is being incompetent.) I get **** on by a crash that was reported, and thoroughly investigated (@Ultroman,) 9 MONTHS AGO!!

I have 2-3 mods enabled... Geometry Placement, Packim Baggins teleporting, and Display Food value... never got a problem... are you sure it's not the actual mods you're using and not the game itself?

Are you sure there are no other factors involved? Have you tried to ask the mod developer(s) if their mods are up to date? Could you maybe list all of the mods you're using and we can have someone on the Klei team step away from making bug fixes and/or content and designs on the game and have them play with all of these mods (that other people made and not they -- Klei -- themselves) to see which one keeps breaking your game? T__T

Spoiler

unreasonable-quotes-1.jpg

35 minutes ago, NoQuitting said:

I think they mean they haven't left the island because their game crashed after they installed a ridiculous amount of game changing mods that, hypothetically speaking, would encounter issues with one another if they're not configured properly and would conflict with one another that btw, are not the direct faults of the devs and as a matter of fact, the game, upon installing mods, gives a disclaimer regarding mod use but still, they try to fix the issues that arose from problems brought on by the mods in question... still it could be Klei's fault for having to fix these issues for free.

BTW, I play with 2GB ram and a giant fan to keep my crappy laptop running... have a nice day :)

EDIT: IDK, I may be lacking insight into this because I've never really had that many mods installed... hope this gets fixed soon :)

Edited by Asparagus
"Insight"
  • Like 2

Incredible update, thank you !

When I first played SW, I was very surprised that coconuts couldn't fall on your head. Now I am satisfied !

However, I was unable to load my saved game. I'm not able to understand warning screens, so here it is, if someone could eventually help me... (I'm starting a new world anyway.)

Spoiler

Warning screen.jpg

Edited by Larochette

48 minutes ago, Kam297 said:

I got to day 3, got down all the basics before I started learned boatery and foolishly started a new world after adding mods and I've been trying to get a world to generate for weeks. This after not being able to get RoG/vanilla worlds to restart for months and months and months thinking I needed to trim my mod list but intrigued because I only had a few mods enabled.

I'm just done with it all, back to killing everyone for me xD I'd rather get on my xbox where at least I know everything is going to be consistently ****ty. (my brother deleted all our xbox games the other day right before xbox services, specifically the services letting you download games you own, went out for 2 days :D) soo now that I've got other games to play again and since I never had the opportunity to play SW because of this nonsence I'm pretty much done with DS.

When I first started getting this crash with RoG I even went as far as to dual boot ubuntu on my laptop (this sounds easy but at the time I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get it to work alongside win 8) thinking that having more then 2gb of ram was gonna help. na this bug sucks ram like *bad joke here*.

DUDE! Uninstall your mods, uninstall everything and reinstall clean copy of game. It sounds like you have screwed up your installation with all those mods. Dont blame Klei for your own screwups.

Edited by Adiastrasz
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

I have 2-3 mods enabled... Geometry Placement, Packim Baggins teleporting, and Display Food value... never got a problem... are you sure it's not the actual mods you're using and not the game itself?

Are you sure there are no other factors involved? Have you tried to ask the mod developer(s) if their mods are up to date? Could you maybe list all of the mods you're using and we can have someone on the Klei team step away from making bug fixes and/or content and designs on the game and have them play with all of these mods (that other people made and not they -- Klei -- themselves) to see which one keeps breaking your game? T__T

Reveal hidden contents

unreasonable-quotes-1.jpg

I think they mean they haven't left the island because their game crashed after they installed a ridiculous amount of game changing mods that, hypothetically speaking, would encounter issues with one another if they're not configured properly and would conflict with one another that btw, are not the direct faults of the devs and as a matter of fact, the game, upon installing mods, gives a disclaimer regarding mod use but still, they try to fix the issues that arose from problems brought on by the mods in question... still it could be Klei's fault for having to fix these issues for free.

BTW, I play with 2GB ram and a giant fan to keep my crappy laptop running... have a nice day :)

EDIT: IDK, I may be lacking insight into this because I've never really had that many mods installed... hope this gets fixed soon :)

The first link I posted did an incredible job of describing the issue, the problem isn't with mod compatibility, or even exactly with having to many mods (which I do but most are disabled :() it's just a problem with the game for no reason loading all the options from every configuration of every mod, enabled or disabled. This problem can be from a pile up of config options or for example ponds plus I think the name is, used to work but because of the large number of configurations this mod on its own will cause an out of memory error... And had for many months... But didn't initially...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Larochette said:

Incredible update, thank you !

When I first played SW, I was very surprised that coconuts couldn't fall on your head. Now I am satisfied !

However, I was unable to load my saved game. I'm not able to understand warning screens, so here it is, if someone could eventually help me... (I'm starting a new world anyway.)

Hide contents

Warning screen.jpg

sorry to tell ya but I think this update broke moar save slots... for now disable it and play on one of the first 5 saves if that's an option.

hopefully the dev will update for ya soon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kam297 said:

sorry to tell ya but I think this update broke moar save slots... for now disable it and play on one of the first 5 saves if that's an option.

hopefully the dev will update for ya soon.

I really hope you do get your game fixed soon too :)

• Like 1

Just now, Asparagus said:

I really hope you do get your game fixed soon too :)

Thanks! :) Now I dun got myself all worked up about SW and just decided to go offline, drag my mods folder out and hop on the vanilla boat wagon for now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BoopLord said:

Has anyone found out about the "haunted shipwrecks" and what they do?

They lower your sanity, but you can fish out debris/"graves" and get stuff like coral and seaweed, sometimes little trinkets. I found a skeleton key in one once.

1 minute ago, BoopLord said:

oh alright. What do the watery graves do?

They also lower your sanity, but I don't remember by how much anymore. You just basically fish them out of the water and collect the goods from them that way. There are also shipwrecks that have collected limpets on them that you can get. I don't know what else they might do since I haven't sailed into them at night to see if it's any different. The most I've gotten was a ghost pop up when collecting one of the watery graves.

Just now, cece said:

They also lower your sanity, but I don't remember by how much anymore. You just basically fish them out of the water and collect the goods from them that way. There are also shipwrecks that have collected limpets on them that you can get. I don't know what else they might do since I haven't sailed into them at night to see if it's any different. The most I've gotten was a ghost pop up when collecting one of the watery graves.

I knew about the limpets but i didn't know about the sanity drop and fishing out of them. Any clue when Quacken spawns?

3 minutes ago, BoopLord said:

I knew about the limpets but i didn't know about the sanity drop and fishing out of them. Any clue when Quacken spawns?

You can trawl the deep oceans, I think. I think the chance is kind of the same as the tiger shark, but mine spawned near the volcano?

• Like 1