Dedicated Server Settings Guide

• Developer

cluster.ini

Spoiler

[MISC]

max_snapshots

• Default: 6
  • Maximum number of snapshots to retain. These snapshots are created every time a save occurs, and are available in the “Rollback” tab on the “Host Game” screen.

console_enabled:

• Default: true
  • Allow lua commands to be entered in the command prompt or terminal that the server is running in.

[SHARD]

shard_enabled

• Default: false
  • Enable server sharding. This must be set to true for multi-level servers. For single-level servers, it can be omitted.
  • Must match in each cluster.ini (See NOTES)

bind_ip

• Overridable in server.ini
  • Default: 127.0.0.1
  • Required: If shard_enabled = true and is_master = true
  • This is the network address the master server will listen on for other shard servers to connect to. Set this to 127.0.0.1 if all of your servers in your cluster are on the same machine, or 0.0.0.0 if the servers in your cluster are on different machines. This only needs to be set for the master server, either in cluster.ini, or the master server's server.ini.

master_ip

• Default: none
  • Required: If shard_enabled = true and is_master = false
  • This is the I.P. address that a non-master shard will use when trying to connect to the master shard. If all servers in a cluster are on the same machine, set this to 127.0.0.1

master_port

• Default: 10888
  • This is UDP port that the master server will listen on, and that a non-master shard will use when trying to connect to the master shard. This should be set to the same value for all shards by having a single entry in cluster.ini, or omitted completely to use the default. This must be different from the server_port setting on any shard that is running on the same machine as the master shard.

cluster_key

• Required if shard_enabled = true
  • This is a password used to authenticate a slave server to the master. If you are running servers on different machines that need to connect to each other, this value must be the same on each machine. For servers running on the same machine, you can just set this once in cluster.ini.

[STEAM]

steam_group_only

• When set to true, the server will only allow connections from players belonging to the steam group listed in the steam_group_id setting.

steam_group_id

steam_group_admins

• When this is set to true, admins of the steam group specified in steam_group_id will also have admin status on the server. 

[NETWORK]

offline_cluster

• Create an offline cluster. The server will not be listed publicly, and only players on the local network will be able to join, and any steam-related functionality will not work.

tick_rate

• Default: 15
  • This is the number of times per-second that the server sends updates to clients. Increasing this may improve precision, but will result in more network traffic. It is recommended to leave this at the default value of 15. If you do change this option, it is recommended that you do so only for LAN games, and use a number evenly divisible into 60 (15, 20, 30).

whitelist_slots

• Default: 0
  • The number of reserved slots for whitelisted players. To whitelist a player, add their Klei UserId to the whitelist.txt file (Place this file in the same directory as cluster.ini)
  • Master cluster.ini only (See NOTES)

cluster_password

• This is the password that players must enter to join your server. Leave this blank or omit it for no password.

cluster_name

• The name for your server cluster. This is the name that will show up in server browser.

cluster_description

• Default: empty
  • Cluster description. This will show up in the server details area on the “Browse Games” screen.

lan_only_cluster

• When set to true, the server will only accept connections from machines on the same LAN 

cluster_intention

• Default: Varies, depending on game mode.
  • The cluster’s playstyle. This field is the equivalent of the “Server Playstyle” field on the “Host Game” screen. Valid values are cooperative, competitive, social, or madness.

autosaver_enabled

• When this is set to false, the game will no longer automatically save at the end of each day. The game will still save on shutdown, and can be manually saved using c_save().

[GAMEPLAY]

max_players

• Default: 16
  • The maximum number of players that may be connected to the cluster at one time.

pvp

• Enable PVP.

game_mode

• Default: survival
  • The cluster’s game mode. This field is the equivalent of the “Game Mode” field on the “Host Game” screen. Valid values are survival, endless or wilderness

pause_when_empty

• Pause the server when there are no players connected.

vote_enabled

• Set to true to enable voting features.

NOTES:

For multi-level clusters with servers running on more than one machine, you will have multiple copies of the cluster.ini file, one per machine.

• Settings above that are marked "Master cluster.ini only" are only valid in the cluster.ini on the same machine as the master, and can be omitted from the cluster.ini on other machines, as they will be ignored.
  • Settings above that are marked "Must match in each cluster.ini" must be set to the same value in each cluster.ini file, or omitted from each cluster.ini file if you wish to use the default (for settings that have one). 

server.ini

Spoiler

[SHARD]

is_master

• Required: If shard_enabled = true
  • Sets a shard to be the master shard for a cluster. There must be exactly one master server per cluster. Set this to true in your master server’s server.ini, and false in every other server.ini.

name

• Required: if shard_enabled = true and is_master = false
  • This is the name of the shard that will show up in log files. It is ignored for the master server, which always has the name [SHDMASTER].

id

• Default: Randomly generated number.
  • This is field is automatically generated for non-master servers, and is used internally to uniquely identify a server. Altering this or removing it may cause problems on your server if anybody’s character currently resides in the world that this server manages.

[STEAM]

authentication_port

• Default: 8766
  • Internal port used by steam. Make sure that this is different for each server you run on the same machine.

master_server_port

• Default: 27016
  • Internal port used by steam. Make sure that this is different for each server you run on the same machine.

[NETWORK]

server_port

• Default: 10999
  • The UDP port that this server will listen for connections on. If you are running a multi-level cluster, this port must be different for each server on the same machine. This port must be between 10998 and 11018 inclusive in order for players on the same LAN to see it in their server listing. Ports below 1024 are restricted to privileged users on some operating systems.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

I can confirm this works like a charm using two separate single cpu VPS instances (more than half the price of a single vps with 2 cpu's). I'm using Vultr , this game server works pretty well on their lowest 700mb single cpu VPS's with 6 players. Any higher than 6 players and you get lag issues , anything above 8 can also result in random server resetting issues. 

My faith in this game has been restored , thanks to some very well written documentation at long last :D

• Like 1

What if I have two different servers, one Master and one Caves with two different installation folders, on the same dedicated box/server, do parameter in the Caves server (so, a different folder in my setup) cluster.ini file count or are they overridden by the Master server cluster.ini (which is in a different installation folder in my setup)? I'm talking about the GAMEPLAY, NETWORK, and STEAM.

I need to have two installation folders. One for master, one for caves.

Edited by omano
  • Like 1

• Developer
On 23/02/2016 at 8:53 PM, omano said:

What if I have two different servers, one Master and one Caves with two different installation folders, on the same dedicated box/server, do parameter in the Caves server (so, a different folder in my setup) cluster.ini file count or are they overridden by the Master server cluster.ini (which is in a different installation folder in my setup)? I'm talking about the GAMEPLAY, NETWORK, and STEAM.

I need to have two installation folders. One for master, one for caves.

I've added some notes to the cluster.ini section that should cover the situation where you have multiple cluster.ini files, see the notes section at the bottom.

@ToNiO55 @omano:

• Like 2

Why do we need to care about the internald/private/ephemeral steam ports? Why are they not picked in the pool of free private ports?

Why aren't master_server_port and authentication_port like id (the old shard_id)? If I set it you use that, but if I didn't you can pick any free private ports!

This seems a legacy behaviour:

1. You hardcoded it.
  2. Some people want to have multiple servers in the same machine.
  3. You add a setting for them. They are "power users" with a not common user case so a quick fix is ok.
  4. Then appears the caves and to have two (or more) servers in the same machine is normal.
  5. Instead of fix this problem you ask to all of us (the server admins) to pick the ports carefully instead of fix that in your code.

Please, fix this.

• Like 1

I Noticed today this warning in the server log:

[WARNING] -console has been deprecated: Use the [MISC] / console_enabled setting instead.

In my experiments the '[MISC]/console_enabled' option is used in the 'server.ini' and has a default option of 'true'.

So now without any work the servers have console enable by default. You only need this option if you need the console not to be enabled for some reason.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2016 at 4:11 PM, Stephen1337 said:

If we with friend die, can we rollback on dedicated server ? 

You can use the c_rollback command in your console, for instance if you type c_rollback(2) it will rollback 2 snapshots.

• Like 2

Hello,
I setup my own dedicated server today, by the guide in this link

Then, i have a problem that whenever i set the password, i cant see my own server (in browse game).
Up there said it Master cluster only, but im not sure if i set the password on C:\Users\Kael\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\cluster.ini is wrong or not.
How can i set the password and still can conect to my own server. Thanks!

Hello @FarKael, welcome to the forums. You should still be able to connect to your own server through the in-game client server list even if a password was set in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\cluster.ini. Whichever password you use for:

cluster_password = passwordhere

Mind attaching the two server_log.txt from Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\Master and  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\Caves ? That would give more info on what's happening with the server and more specifically about whether or not the server can even be connected to through any client.

If you still can't find your server, maybe its under the LAN tab in the Server List or you have mistakenly toggled one of the search filters, click the Reset Filters button if you can, then search for your server by name (which would be the cluster_name you specified in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\cluster.ini).

Report back with those server_log.txt files, if none of the methods I mentioned work. Cheers.

• Like 2

Thanks! 
I did it, i didnot acident toggle the filter but somehow, when i reset the filter my own server appear with password protected. 
Right now, i have some new question after testing with no password.
1.I tried to reset or regenerate my world: which console comand windown should i use (master or slave)? Or if i ingame?
2.This link make me confused about the setting for cave, cause i thinkit due the problem that we have 2 different ground-world (inception? lol) and in a case they have a abyss world cave (forest underground).

return {
	override_enabled = true,
	preset = "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", 			-- "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", "MOD_MISSING", "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER_CLASSIC", "SURVIVAL_DEFAULT_PLUS", "COMPLETE_DARKNESS", "DST_CAVE", "DST_CAVE_PLUS"
	overrides = {
		-- MISC
		task_set = "default",

I wonder what is different if i use another name or just the name like "survival... ..." 
Will it changed setting too?
3. Can you give me a sample text with generateworldoverrides for ground and cave pls, just all default but have all option to config please.
4. This is silly but how can i remove/readd(add new people) my own admin power when i play and host server at a time and same computer? (my friend said i cheated but i didnt ... but i cant prove it cause i have admin power) ...
5. How to use steam group or clans restricted (just like password).
Thanks for all!

@FarKael

I tried to reset or regenerate my world: which console command window should i use (master or slave)? Or if i ingame?

Spoiler

You can use any of the three options you mentioned, master or caves dedicated server command window or even in-game. You simply have to enter the following code into the console:

c_regenerateworld()

You can enter that in-game in the console window which can be opened by pressing tilde (~). Or you can directly input that line into the dedicated server window.

I wonder what is different if i use another name or just the name like "survival... ..." Will it changed setting too?

Spoiler

If you use any of the given choices ("SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", "MOD_MISSING", "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER_CLASSIC", "SURVIVAL_DEFAULT_PLUS", "COMPLETE_DARKNESS", "DST_CAVE", "DST_CAVE_PLUS") in place of "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER" for the preset selection, the overall look of that server's world would be different. Just make sure you are using the correct choices which are shown after the double dashes (--) in the link you provided. 

For specfics on the differences between these presets:

• "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER" - is the default DST Overworld Forest World that has Reign of Giants DLC elements added in like more Giants, Birchnut Trees, etc. 
  • "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER_CLASSIC" - is a DST Overworld Forest World without Reign of Giants DLC elements and looks much closer to Don't Starve Vanilla.
  • "SURVIVAL_DEFAULT_PLUS" - is a DST Overworld Forest World but is a slightly increased difficulty compared to the two above. With this, the Overworld would have a unique spawn area, more boons, less berry bushes, less carrots, less rabbit holes but with more spiders.
  • "DST_CAVE" - is the default DST Caves World.
  • "DST_CAVE_PLUS" - is a DST Caves World with a slightly increased difficulty compared to the default setting. With this, the Caves would have more boons, less light flowers, glow berries and berry bushes and more spiders.

Can you give me a sample text with worldoverrides for ground and cave pls, just all default but have all option to config please.

Spoiler

Quite recently the devs are changing up the format for worldgenoverrides into leveldataoverride so the next best thing you can possible do is to use the in-game client's process to generate these files, shown below is the method:

• Start up DST.
  • Click Host Game.
  • Click New Server in Slot 1.
  • Set the server intention in the Server Settings so the world can start.
  • Edit the world presets to whatever you wish your dedicated server to be, including the Caves.
  • Now generate the world.
  • Once connected, disconnect from the server.
  • Go to this location Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\
  • Under the Master folder, get the leveldataoverride.lua and that is the leveldataoverride.lua for the Over world.
  • While under the Caves folder, get the leveldataoverride.lua and that is the leveldataoverride.lua for the Caves.
  • Now paste those leveldataoverride.lua in your own dedicated server.
  • leveldataoverride.lua from Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master goes to  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\Master
  • leveldataoverride.lua from Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves goes to  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\Caves
  • Then simply regenerate the world with the command I showed before so the new presets can be used.

Notice in the method above we used Slot 1, that is because Cluster_1 in the files is what is used for the Slot 1 in the Host Game screen. I needed to specify this so you won't get confused. Cluster_2 is for the Server in Slot 2 and so on.

This is silly but how can i remove/readd(add new people) my own admin power when i play and host server at a time and same computer? 

Spoiler

To give other players admin powers on your server, they have to give you their UserID which is displayed as KU_XXXXXXXX and not the SteamID which can be taken from the Acct Info button on their Main Menu Screen. Once you have their UserID or KU_XXXXXXXX, paste it in a text document and name the document as adminlist.txt and place the adminlist.txt in your Dedicated Server's root folder (which would be  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\adminlist.txt ). After that just restart the server. For multiple admins I think you just need to add the next KU_ID in a new line, example below:

KU_XXXXXXXX
KU_XXXXXXXX
KU_XXXXXXXX

By the way KU stands for Klei User. Then to take away their admin powers, just remove them from the adminlist.txt

To remove admin powers from yourself, while running the server at the same time. I'm no so sure how to go about that. Sorry. 

How to use steam group or clans restricted (just like password).

Spoiler

This very thread you are viewing right now has the information you need about adding steam groups to your server. The steam group values would be added to the cluster.ini in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyServer\ as follows:

[STEAM]
steam_group_only = false
steam_group_id = 0
steam_group_admins = false

Set steam_group_only to true if you only want members of the steam group to be able to join the server. Set the steam_group_id to which ever ID the steam group has. To find out what your steam group's ID is, look here. Set steam_group_admins to true if you want all of the steam group admins also be server admins on your server.

I believe that's all the questions you asked. I hope it helps, good luck. Cheers.

Edited by Zillvr
  • Like 2

Hi, its me again.
Sorry if my question already have in other topic.
How can i do something like post an anounnce when someone afk too long (then they will be kicked), or died too long... etc Just like your kiel server (community singapore 1)

Anyway, from yesterday afer an update i cant find anyserver and i reported to livesupport. I tried reset modem, changed DNS etc... but still cant find any server and join even using console and ip. i cant only join my own dedicated sv through LAN.

Sorry dont know how to edit T.T
I still can join my own sv and my friend too, they can see it too and it revealed when check by this website http://dstservers.jacklul.com/

Hey. I have installed a server for instructions http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don%E2%80%99t_Starve_Together_Dedicated_Servers

and https://gameservermanagers.com/lgsm/dstserver/

The folder I put /.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/cluster_token.txt

settings.ini in /.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/ file is not created. I did it myself. With this content

[network]
default_server_name = dstserver
default_server_description = Welcome to dstserver
server_port = 10999
server_password = password

# max_players = 1 .. 64
max_players = 16

# pvp = true | false
pvp = false

# game_mode = endless | survival | wilderness
game_mode = endless

# enable_autosaver = true | false
enable_autosaver = true

# tick_rate = [ 10 | 15 | 30 | 60 ]
tick_rate = 30

connection_timeout = 8000
server_save_slot = 1

# enable_vote_kick = true | false
enable_vote_kick = true

# pause_when_empty = true | false
pause_when_empty = true

[account]
dedicated_lan_server = false

[STEAM]
DISABLECLOUD = false

[MISC]
CONSOLE_ENABLED = true
autocompiler_enabled = true

But when the server starts, I have it appears with the name '[Host]' s World 'ignoring all the settings settings.ini

Port I opened. I can connect to the server.

Help please, what am I doing wrong? The logs present the following lines:

Error trying to change cluster setting (NETWORK->cluster_intention) from '' to 'cooperative'

Error trying to change cluster setting (NETWORK->cluster_name) from '' to '[Host]'s World'
[00:00:02]: [Shard] Shard server mode disabled by configuration file

Full log

[00:00:00]: PersistRootStorage is now /home/mamai/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/Master/ 
[00:00:00]: Starting Up
[00:00:00]: Version: 174781
[00:00:00]: Current time: Sat Apr 23 18:38:19 2016

[00:00:00]: System Name: Linux
[00:00:00]: Host Name: serverok
[00:00:00]: Release(Kernel) Version: 4.2.0-27-generic
[00:00:00]: Kernel Build Timestamp: #32~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 22 15:32:26 UTC 2016
[00:00:00]: Machine Arch: x86_64
[00:00:00]: Don't Starve Together: 174781 LINUX
[00:00:00]: Build Date: 595
[00:00:00]: Parsing command line
[00:00:00]: Command Line Arguments: 
[00:00:00]: THREAD - started 'GAClient' (4136090432)
[00:00:00]: CurlRequestManager::ClientThread::Main()
[00:00:00]: ProfileIndex:3.67
[00:00:00]: [Connect] PendingConnection::Reset(true)
[00:00:00]: Network tick rate: U=15(2), D=0
[00:00:00]: Network tick rate: U=15(2), D=0
[00:00:00]: Error trying to change cluster setting (NETWORK->cluster_intention) from '' to 'cooperative'
[00:00:00]: THREAD - started 'ConsoleInput' (4129291072)
[00:00:00]: OnLoadPermissionList: /home/mamai/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/blocklist.txt (Failure)
[00:00:00]: OnLoadPermissionList: /home/mamai/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/adminlist.txt (Failure)
[00:00:00]: OnLoadUserIdList: /home/mamai/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/whitelist.txt (Failure)
[00:00:00]: Token retrieved from: /home/mamai/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/cluster_token.txt
[00:00:00]: Token retrieved from: /home/mamai/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1/cluster_token.txt
[00:00:00]: cGame::InitializeOnMainThread
[00:00:00]: Renderer initialize: Okay
[00:00:00]: AnimManager initialize: Okay
[00:00:00]: Buffers initialize: Okay
[00:00:00]: cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()
[00:00:00]: FMOD Error: An invalid object handle was used. 
[00:00:00]: GameSpecific initialize: Okay
[00:00:00]: cGame::StartPlaying
[00:00:00]: LOADING LUA
[00:00:00]: DoLuaFile scripts/main.lua
[00:00:00]: DoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.lua
[00:00:00]: scripts/main.lua(162,1) running main.lua

[00:00:00]: loaded modindex    
[00:00:00]: ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence for dedicated server.

[00:00:00]: DownloadMods(0)
[00:00:00]: FMOD Error: An invalid object handle was used. 
[00:00:01]: LOADING LUA SUCCESS
[00:00:01]: PlayerDeaths could not load morgue    
[00:00:01]: PlayerHistory could not load player_history    
[00:00:01]: bloom_enabled    false    
[00:00:01]: loaded saveindex    
[00:00:01]: OnFilesLoaded()    
[00:00:01]: OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete    
[00:00:01]:     Load FE    
[00:00:01]:     Load FE: done    
[00:00:01]: ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.    
[00:00:01]: Reset() returning
[00:00:03]: [200] Account Communication Success (6)
[00:00:03]: Received (KU_7JTjkIco) from TokenPurpose
[00:00:03]: Starting Dedicated Server Game    
[00:00:03]: Network tick rate: U=15(2), D=0
[00:00:03]: About to start a server with the following settings:
[00:00:03]:   Dedicated: true
[00:00:03]:   Online: true
[00:00:03]:   Passworded: false
[00:00:03]:   ServerPort: 10999
[00:00:03]:   SteamAuthPort: 8766
[00:00:03]:   SteamMasterServerPort: 27016
[00:00:03]:   ClanID: false
[00:00:03]:   ClanOnly: false
[00:00:03]:   ClanAdmin: false
[00:00:03]:   LanOnly: false
[00:00:03]:   FriendsOnly: false
[00:00:03]:   EnableAutosaver: true
[00:00:03]:   PVP: false
[00:00:03]:   MaxPlayers: 16
[00:00:03]:   GameMode: survival
[00:00:03]:   OverridenDNS: 
[00:00:03]:   PauseWhenEmpty: false
[00:00:03]:   InternetBroadcasting: true
[00:00:03]:   Intent: cooperative
[00:00:03]: [Shard] Shard server mode disabled by configuration file
[00:00:03]: Online Server Started on port: 10999
[00:00:03]: Error trying to change cluster setting (NETWORK->cluster_name) from '' to '[Host]'s World'
[00:00:03]: Collecting garbage...
[00:00:03]: lua_gc took 0.01 seconds
[00:00:03]: ~ShardLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~ItemServerLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~InventoryLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~NetworkLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~SimLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: lua_close took 0.02 seconds
[00:00:03]: ReleaseAll
[00:00:03]: ReleaseAll Finished
[00:00:03]: cGame::StartPlaying
[00:00:03]: LOADING LUA
[00:00:03]: DoLuaFile scripts/main.lua
[00:00:03]: DoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.lua
[00:00:03]: scripts/main.lua(162,1) running main.lua

[00:00:03]: loaded modindex    
[00:00:03]: ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence for dedicated server.

[00:00:03]: LOADING LUA SUCCESS
[00:00:03]: PlayerDeaths could not load morgue    
[00:00:03]: PlayerHistory could not load player_history    
[00:00:03]: bloom_enabled    false    
[00:00:03]: loaded saveindex    
[00:00:03]: OnFilesLoaded()    
[00:00:03]: OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete    
[00:00:03]:     Unload FE    
[00:00:03]:     Unload FE done    
[00:00:03]:     LOAD BE    
[00:00:04]:     LOAD BE: done    
[00:00:04]: Loading world: session/A04F94759C441133/0000000004    
[00:00:04]: Save file is at version 3    
[00:00:04]: Begin Session: A04F94759C441133
[00:00:04]: saving to server_temp/server_save    
[00:00:04]: MiniMapComponent::AddAtlas( minimap/minimap_data.xml )
[00:00:05]: AddPortMapping(10999, 10999, 192.168.1.253) failed with code 501 (Action Failed)
[00:00:05]: AddPortMapping(10999, 10999, 192.168.1.253) failed with code 501 (Action Failed)
[00:00:05]: Loading Nav Grid    
[00:00:05]: setting     summerlength    15    
[00:00:05]: setting     isnightmaredawn    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     elapseddaysinseason    0    
[00:00:05]: setting     isfullmoon    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     moisture    78.544548034668    
[00:00:05]: setting     cavephase    dusk    
[00:00:05]: setting     isnightmarewild    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     moonphase    new    
[00:00:05]: setting     precipitationrate    0    
[00:00:05]: setting     iswet    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     winterlength    15    
[00:00:05]: setting     temperature    30.167420143773    
[00:00:05]: setting     isnightmarewarn    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     iswinter    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     moistureceil    559.03576660156    
[00:00:05]: setting     isday    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     israining    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     remainingdaysinseason    20    
[00:00:05]: setting     precipitation    none    
[00:00:05]: setting     wetness    0    
[00:00:05]: setting     isnightmarecalm    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     timeinphase    0.41222072177463    
[00:00:05]: setting     isdusk    true    
[00:00:05]: setting     iscavedusk    true    
[00:00:05]: setting     isautumn    true    
[00:00:05]: setting     issnowing    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     iscaveday    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     phase    dusk    
[00:00:05]: setting     snowlevel    0    
[00:00:05]: setting     issnowcovered    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     autumnlength    20    
[00:00:05]: setting     pop    0.14050004083307    
[00:00:05]: setting     nightmaretime    0    
[00:00:05]: setting     springlength    20    
[00:00:05]: setting     isspring    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     nightmarephase    none    
[00:00:05]: setting     season    autumn    
[00:00:05]: setting     time    0.65458277066549    
[00:00:05]: setting     iscavenight    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     cycles    0    
[00:00:05]: setting     isnight    false    
[00:00:05]: setting     nightmaretimeinphase    0    
[00:00:05]: setting     issummer    false    
[00:00:08]: Reconstructing topology    
[00:00:08]:     ...Sorting points    
[00:00:08]:     ...Sorting edges    
[00:00:08]:     ...Connecting nodes    
[00:00:08]:     ...Validating connections    
[00:00:08]:     ...Housekeeping    
[00:00:08]:     ...Done!    
[00:00:08]: 1 uploads added to server. From server_temp
[00:00:08]: Telling Client our new session identifier: A04F94759C441133
[00:00:08]: ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.    
[00:00:08]: Reset() returning
[00:00:08]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init(8766, 10999, 27016)
[00:00:08]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init success
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[10] <-> <nil>[10] (inactive)    
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[2] <-> <nil>[2] (inactive)    
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[8] <-> <nil>[8] (inactive)    
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[5] <-> <nil>[5] (inactive)    
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[1] <-> <nil>[1] (inactive)    
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[4] <-> <nil>[4] (inactive)    
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[6] <-> <nil>[6] (inactive)    
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[9] <-> <nil>[9] (inactive)    
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[7] <-> <nil>[7] (inactive)    
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[3] <-> <nil>[3] (inactive)    
[00:00:22]: Serializing world: session/A04F94759C441133/0000000005
[00:00:24]: Collecting garbage...
[00:00:24]: lua_gc took 0.26 seconds
[00:00:24]: ~ShardLuaProxy()
[00:00:24]: ~ItemServerLuaProxy()
[00:00:24]: ~InventoryLuaProxy()
[00:00:24]: ~NetworkLuaProxy()
[00:00:24]: ~SimLuaProxy()
[00:00:24]: lua_close took 0.29 seconds
[00:00:24]: CurlRequestManager::ClientThread::Main() complete
[00:00:24]: HttpClient2 discarded 1 callbacks.
[00:00:24]: Shutting down

Decision

nano/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/cluster.ini

[GAMEPLAY]
game_mode = survival     
max_players = 6                  
pvp = false                       
pause_when_empty = true  

[NETWORK]
cluster_name = My new server.
cluster_description = Degranon is the best!
cluster_intention = cooperative
cluster_password = 

[MISC]
console_enabled = true
language_code = russian

[SHARD]
shard_enabled = true
bind_ip = 127.0.0.1
master_ip = 127.0.0.1
master_port = 10889
cluster_key = supersecretkey

nano /.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Master/server.ini

[NETWORK]
server_port = 11000

[SHARD]
is_master = true

[STEAM]
master_server_port = 27018
authentication_port = 8768

Edited by momai

I have created a world with caves, it is on a server at my house, it works great for me and my wife to play...... however my wife HATES turkeys! They ruin what she is doing all the time. I tried to remove them but when I launch the server I see

OVERRIDE: Setting gerd to rare

is still loading, I want it to be

OVERRIDE: Setting gerd to none

as in I want no more turkeys to ever spawn in my 200+ day old world..... help please...

I am the server admin and the files are local at my house running on a server so I can make any cjanges I need to fix, I just need to know what to do to stop turkeys.... 

ps I tried the following worldgenoverride.lua but it did not stop the turkeys (I put it in the MASTER directory AND the Caves one)

return {
 override_enabled = true,
 preset = "SURVIVAL_DEFAULT_PLUS",    -- "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", "MOD_MISSING", "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER_CLASSIC", "SURVIVAL_DEFAULT_PLUS", "COMPLETE_DARKNESS", "DST_CAVE", "DST_CAVE_PLUS"
 overrides = {
  -- MISC
  task_set = "default",    -- "classic", "default", "cave_default"
  start_location = "default",    -- "caves", "default", "plus", "darkness"
  world_size = "huge",    -- "small", "medium", "default", "huge"
  branching = "default",    -- "never", "least", "default", "most"
  loop = "default",    -- "never", "default", "always"
  autumn = "verylongseason",    -- "noseason", "veryshortseason", "shortseason", "default", "longseason", "verylongseason", "random"
  winter = "longseason",    -- "noseason", "veryshortseason", "shortseason", "default", "longseason", "verylongseason", "random"
  spring = "longseason",    -- "noseason", "veryshortseason", "shortseason", "default", "longseason", "verylongseason", "random"
  summer = "longseason",    -- "noseason", "veryshortseason", "shortseason", "default", "longseason", "verylongseason", "random"
  season_start = "default",    -- "default", "winter", "spring", "summer", "autumnorspring", "winterorsummer", "random"
  day = "longday",    -- "default", "longday", "longdusk", "longnight", "noday", "nodusk", "nonight", "onlyday", "onlydusk", "onlynight"
  weather = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  earthquakes = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  lightning = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  frograin = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  wildfires = "never",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  touchstone = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  regrowth = "veryfast",    -- "veryslow", "slow", "default", "fast", "veryfast"
  cavelight = "veryfast",    -- "veryslow", "slow", "default", "fast", "veryfast"
  boons = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  prefabswaps_start = "always",    -- "classic", "default", "highly random"
  prefabswaps = "max",    -- "none", "few", "default", "many", "max"

-- RESOURCES
  flowers = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  grass = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  sapling = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  marshbush = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  tumbleweed = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  reeds = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  trees = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  flint = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  rock = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  rock_ice = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  meteorspawner = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  meteorshowers = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  mushtree = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  fern = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  flower_cave = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  wormlights = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"

-- UNPREPARED
  berrybush = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  carrot = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  mushroom = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  cactus = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  banana = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  lichen = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"

-- ANIMALS
  rabbits = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  moles = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  butterfly = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  birds = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  buzzard = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  catcoon = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  perd = "never",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  pigs = "often",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  lightninggoat = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  beefalo = "often",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  beefaloheat = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  hunt = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  alternatehunt = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  penguins = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  cave_ponds = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  ponds = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  bees = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  angrybees = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  tallbirds = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  slurper = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  bunnymen = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  slurtles = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  rocky = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  monkey = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"

-- MONSTERS
  spiders = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  cave_spiders = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  hounds = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  houndmound = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  merm = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  tentacles = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  chess = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  lureplants = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  walrus = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  liefs = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  deciduousmonster = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  krampus = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  bearger = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  deerclops = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  goosemoose = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  dragonfly = "always",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  bats = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  fissure = "rare",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
  worms = "default",    -- "never", "rare", "default", "often", "always"
 },
}

On 2/19/2016 at 7:02 PM, 255 said:

cluster.ini

Reveal hidden contents

[MISC]

max_snapshots

• Default: 6
  • Maximum number of snapshots to retain. These snapshots are created every time a save occurs, and are available in the “Rollback” tab on the “Host Game” screen.

console_enabled:

• Allow lua commands to be entered in the command prompt or terminal that the server is running in.

[SHARD]

shard_enabled

• Enable server sharding. This must be set to true for multi-level servers. For single-level servers, it can be omitted.

bind_ip

• Default: 127.0.0.1
  • Required: If shard_enabled = true and is_master = true
  • This is the network address the master server will listen on for other shard servers to connect to. Set this to 127.0.0.1 if all of your servers in your cluster are on the same machine, or 0.0.0.0 if the servers in your cluster are on different machines. This only needs to be set for the master server, either in cluster.ini, or the master server's server.ini.

master_ip

• Required: If shard_enabled = true and is_master = false
  • This is the I.P. address that a non-master shard will use when trying to connect to the master shard. If all servers in a cluster are on the same machine, set this to 127.0.0.1

master_port

• Default: 10888
  • This is UDP port that the master server will listen on, and that a non-master shard will use when trying to connect to the master shard. This should be set to the same value for all shards by having a single entry in cluster.ini, or omitted completely to use the default. This must be different from the server_port setting on any shard that is running on the same machine as the master shard.

cluster_key

• Required if shard_enabled = true
  • This is a password used to authenticate a slave server to the master. If you are running servers on different machines that need to connect to each other, this value must be the same on each machine. For servers running on the same machine, you can just set this once in cluster.ini.

[STEAM]

steam_group_only

• When set to true, the server will only allow connections from players belonging to the steam group listed in the steam_group_id setting.

steam_group_id

steam_group_admins

• When this is set to true, admins of the steam group specified in steam_group_id will also have admin status on the server. 

[NETWORK]

offline_cluster

• Create an offline cluster. The server will not be listed publicly, and only players on the local network will be able to join, and any steam-related functionality will not work.

tick_rate

• Default: 15
  • This is the number of times per-second that the server sends updates to clients. Increasing this may improve precision, but will result in more network traffic. It is recommended to leave this at the default value of 15. If you do change this option, it is recommended that you do so only for LAN games, and use a number evenly divisible into 60 (15, 20, 30).

whitelist_slots

• Default: 0
  • The number of reserved slots for whitelisted players. To whitelist a player, add their Klei UserId to the whitelist.txt file (Place this file in the same directory as cluster.ini)

cluster_password

• This is the password that players must enter to join your server. Leave this blank or omit it for no password.

cluster_name

• The name for your server cluster. This is the name that will show up in server browser.

cluster_description

• Default: empty
  • Cluster description. This will show up in the server details area on the “Browse Games” screen.

lan_only_cluster

• When set to true, the server will only accept connections from machines on the same LAN 

cluster_intention

• Default: Varies, depending on game mode.
  • The cluster’s playstyle. This field is the equivalent of the “Server Playstyle” field on the “Host Game” screen. Valid values are cooperative, competitive, social, or madness.

autosaver_enabled

• When this is set to false, the game will no longer automatically save at the end of each day. The game will still save on shutdown, and can be manually saved using c_save().

[GAMEPLAY]

max_players

• Default: 16
  • The maximum number of players that may be connected to the cluster at one time.

pvp

• Enable PVP.

game_mode

• Default: survival
  • The cluster’s game mode. This field is the equivalent of the “Game Mode” field on the “Host Game” screen. Valid values are survival, endless or wilderness

pause_when_empty

• Pause the server when there are no players connected.

vote_enabled

• Set to true to enable voting features.

NOTES:

For multi-level clusters with servers running on more than one machine, you will have multiple copies of the cluster.ini file, one per machine.

• Settings above that are marked "Master cluster.ini only" are only valid in the cluster.ini on the same machine as the master, and can be omitted from the cluster.ini on other machines, as they will be ignored.
  • Settings above that are marked "Must match in each cluster.ini" must be set to the same value in each cluster.ini file, or omitted from each cluster.ini file if you wish to use the default (for settings that have one). 

server.ini

Reveal hidden contents

[SHARD]

is_master

• Required: If shard_enabled = true
  • Sets a shard to be the master shard for a cluster. There must be exactly one master server per cluster. Set this to true in your master server’s server.ini, and false in every other server.ini.

name

• Required: if shard_enabled = true and is_master = false
  • This is the name of the shard that will show up in log files. It is ignored for the master server, which always has the name [SHDMASTER].

id

• Default: Randomly generated number.
  • This is field is automatically generated for non-master servers, and is used internally to uniquely identify a server. Altering this or removing it may cause problems on your server if anybody’s character currently resides in the world that this server manages.

[STEAM]

authentication_port

• Default: 8766

master_server_port

• Default: 27016

[NETWORK]

server_port

• Default: 10999
  • The UDP port that this server will listen for connections on. If you are running a multi-level cluster, this port must be different for each server on the same machine. This port must be between 10998 and 11018 inclusive in order for players on the same LAN to see it in their server listing. Ports below 1024 are restricted to privileged users on some operating systems.

I've made a dedicated server but now I have a problem. After trying to start my singleplayer server it said can not launch dedicated server and then set the world to day 1 autumn and said I hadn't chose a character yet??? After that it still wouldn't start. I was wondering if there was a way to make regular servers and dedicated servers, I'd be willing to delete my dedicated server if I have to as long as I can make normal servers again. Please help me.