Beware of shaking screens

My boyfriend and I were skyping while playing, which means turning the volume on our computers down as we chat through our phones. We had just passed a Bearger in a grassy area, and moved just over the edge of a rocky area to build a small camp for the night.

The screen shook once.

"Oh," says my boyfriend. "Did the Bearger wander all the way over here?"

Immediately afterwards, a meteor shower.

The first one struck me dead.

10 hours ago, ToastyMcGee said:

Lesson learned:  Don't get a boyfriend.  :D

JK That was just terribly unlucky for you to get hit by a meteor, because there is very little chance of actually getting hit by one. :p

Hehe, well in the same sense my dying kinda screws him over anyway. He's usually Wilson and I mostly play as Wigfrid, making most of our games me hunting and fighting while he builds a base. It was just so unlucky, because Wigfrid can usually take a hit from the meteors too- even multiple-but I had just lost my helmet fighting a tallbird X P 

Ah, that's why. Haha!

It's possible to kite tallbirds: hit once, twice at best, right after they attack, then run away. That's the best way defeat most mobs, but some mobs have longer attack times, like the Koalefant, so you have to figure out how many times you can hit without getting whacked back. :D

On 2/19/2016 at 1:48 AM, ToastyMcGee said:

Ah, that's why. Haha!

It's possible to kite tallbirds: hit once, twice at best, right after they attack, then run away. That's the best way defeat most mobs, but some mobs have longer attack times, like the Koalefant, so you have to figure out how many times you can hit without getting whacked back. :D

Oh yeah tallbirds are a real pain  XC and I don't really fin their drops very worthwhile. My boyfriend insists on trying to hatch the eggs even after every failed attempt though, and it's not like he can take the adults on X P

That feeling when you say in the forums that it's rather hard to get hit by a meteor, then get hit by a meteor while playing dst a couple days later.  :?

(In other words, I got hit in the face by a meteor as Woodie; freaked me out because my mind flashed to THIS forum post. :grin:)

Archived