Rightful King

Rightful King
A fictional Don't Starve Together story.

We began chasing Wendy as soon as she started to flee. We chased her deeper into the swamp, and dusk began to fall. Night would be here soon, but we could continue the chase into the night. We suspected Wendy might not be able to escape us, since Wigfrid and I still had our moggles. We continued chasing her into the swamp, running past countless tentacles, spiders and merms. But as she tried to make a turn to the left in an attempt to escape, we ran into The King. We all stopped, just for a moment. The King wasn't alone either, he had four of his minions with him. A Webber, the two Wolfgang's and a Wilson. 

As we stopped, night fell. What followed was an insane melee. Wigfrid and I donned our moggles, but nobody else could see anything. It was a mix of boomerangs, torch melee and tentacles. I tried to coordinate with Wickerbottom in order to have her escape, but she died after being killed by a tentacle. The chat was filled with death messages, but I was too focused on tried to stay out of the melee. We told Wickerbottom to go revive herself at the portal, since it was too risky to attempt to deliver a heart. I imagined there was a ton of friendly fire, but as morning came, all the tentacles had been killed. 

Wilson and Webber stood beside The King as ghosts, and Wendy was nowhere to be seen, though a sixth sense told me she still lived. It was once again Wigfrid and I battling against The King. This battle was different, because this time The King was prepared. He hit us both with a fire staff, and started spamming blow darts. We couldn't fight back, so we attempted a retreat. The King switched to an ice staff and froze us both. We couldn't escape, and now we were at the mercy of The King. But, as all seemed lost, The King was hit by several sleep darts from behind. Wendy had returned, and had looted most of the gear off the corpses. She approached The King, who was downed, and placed six gunpowder beside him. She walked backwards and drew a fire staff.

I remembered using this same tactic against Wes long ago, though I didn't think I had been so slow and deliberate. The two of us were almost free from the ice, only seconds remained until we were free. As Wendy lit the gunpowder, the ice broke and we were both freed. But I hesitated, I wasn't sure what to do. If I saved The King, he would probably turn on me later, but if I didn't save him Wendy would get the thelecite gear and be unstoppable. I decided to save The King, although he would probably be hostile towards us later, I couldn't risk Wendy getting thelecite equipment. I tossed a single water ballon and extinguished the gunpowder. We charged at Wendy, forcing her to fall back. Wigfrid briefly chased Wendy, but after our battle we were in no condition for an extended chase.

I looted any of the valuables Wendy hadn't taken, which included some gold and some meatballs. We fled before The King woke up, and when we got far enough away we built a campfire for the night. Wickerbottom was en route to our location, and we ate most of the jerky I had been saving since the raid on The King's base to heal up. I stored some of the excess loot in Chester, who had still been loyaly following me. We had to continue our hunt for Wendy, and I was sure The King would likely be hunting her as well. Spring came the next day, and we regrouped with Wickerbottom. We spent the next few days gearing up to hunt down Wendy. By the time we were ready, Wickerbottom had each of her books, and I now had an ice staff. Wigfrid had nightmare armour and we all had dark swords. But, then a Wolfgang approached the base we had built to get our nightmare gear. It was one of the two guard Wolfgang's we had fought before. He told us in a whisper he came in peace and that he wanted to help us kill Wendy. 

He told us the plan was to trap her in a walled area in the Dragonfly's biome, where they wouldn't be disturbed. He claimed The King's forces had already found Wendy's base, and that they needed us to chase her into the trap. I was skeptical as usual, since our diplomatic efforts with The King hadn't worked out so well in the past, but we agreed. I wanted payback on Wendy, and this was the best way to get it. Wolfgang showed us Wendy's base in the morning, Wendy herself was probably out picking grass or something. Wolfgang left, presumably to go to the dragonfly's biome, and we waited at the base until dusk, when Wendy returned. Once she saw us she immediately started running. We managed to lead her in the direction of the trap. Night fell, but we all donned our moggles and continued. She might have escaped if there were only two of us, but with our superior numbers we managed to lead a torch wielding Wendy to the Dragonfly's biome. 

Day broke as she found herself trapped in a large stone pen, with us guarding the only exit and The King and his minions on the inside. She realized she had been trapped, but it was too late. Then, I heard a growl. It wasn't hounds, but it was something much worse, somehow, on the last day of winter, a Deerclops had spawned and would quickly be upon us. The King was inside the pen with Woodie and the two Wolfgang's. The King moved a little closer to Wendy, who stayed still. It seemed The King hadn't noticed the growl of the Deerclops, but we had a bigger problem on our hands. The Dragonfly was approaching. We stood our ground as the Dragonfly approached, fearful if we moved Wendy would escape. But, when the Dragonfly hit Wickerbottom, The King as his troops sprung into action. Woodie and The King charged Wendy, while the Wolfgang's attacked the Dragonfly. Then the Deerclops came thundering onto the screen. 

It broke the walls, and Wendy bolted through the open gap. Woodie gave chase while The King battled the Deerclops with his gear. I had Wickerbottom and Wigfrid fight the Dragonfly while I helped chase Wendy. I caught up to Woodie, only to had Wendy turn around and draw and ice staff. She froze Woodie, and I tossed my boomerang in a futile attempt to stop her, but I was frozen too. Meanwhile, the Dragonfly had managed to kill both Wolfgang's, and Wickerbottom and Wigfrid were running away from the lavea. The Dragonfly then attacked The King from behind, and despite his thulecite gear, he couldn't fight two bosses at once. He stood there, taking hits from both bosses, but when his thulecite crown invincibility activated, he used a pan flute to put both bosses to sleep. He finished off the Deerclops with his club, and ran to off to catch Wendy. 

Woodie and I broke free of our icy restraints, and we continued in the general direction Wendy had run off in. We found her looting the corpses of the Wolfgang's. This time, her ice staff broke as she tried to freeze Woodie, and I got much closer while she cast the spell. She was still out of melee range, but just barely. I told Wigfrid and Wickerbottom to meet up with me, and I continued to the chase. She ran back inside of the ruined pen, and engaged in melee combat with me. She was better at kiting, but it was my turn to use an ice staff. I froze her and waited for Woodie and The King to catch up to me. The three of us stood around a frozen Wendy. She had thawed once, but I had refrozen her. Then Wickerbottom and Wigfrid entered the pen, and I realized I had finally won. 

Although I had set out to dethrone The King, I had ended up killing somebody equally, or perhaps even more dangerous. The King decided to have the last laugh. He placed a small stack of six gunpowder beside a frozen Wendy, and we all stepped back. He drew a fire staff, and lit the gunpowder. 

Spoiler

Just a few errors :3

16 hours ago, MiniKeeper said:

The King wasn't along either

who had still been loyalty following me.

He claimed his The King's forces had already found Wendy's base

but with out superior numbers we managed to lead a torch wielding Wendy to the Dragonfly's biome. 

larvae (lavae?)

OH MAN!! That ending though XD Wendy (or the Incarnation of Wes)

Although I had set out to dethrone The King, I had ended up killing somebody equally, or perhaps even more dangerous. The King decided to have the last laugh. He placed a small stack of six gunpowder beside a frozen Wendy, and we all stepped back. He drew a fire staff, and lit the gunpowder. 

Ending the story on a cliff hanger... or is it an open-ended ending? either way, it's good :3

May I suggest you make a personal central thread where you link in your stories :3 then maybe put it in your signature for people to see? ;3 hehehe

3 hours ago, Asparagus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just a few errors :3

OH MAN!! That ending though XD Wendy (or the Incarnation of Wes)

Ending the story on a cliff hanger... or is it an open-ended ending? either way, it's good :3

May I suggest you make a personal central thread where you link in your stories :3 then maybe put it in your signature for people to see? ;3 hehehe

Fixed the typos. This is the end of the WX-78 saga, for now. 

Archived