What's the point of making any kinds of walls if Sandbags have unlimited hp?

How badly are sandbags damaged by strong wind then? I know that normal walls are, and I assumed that the sandbags would be worse effected.

Anyway, to answer your question, it's a million times cheaper and easier to get stone walls up than sandbags, despite their barely renewable nature.

Hacking down bamboo just takes too much time and flint for many people.

4 hours ago, Hugeisno1 said:

Sealnado doesn't agree. He has destroyed all my sandbags before.

This guy knows what's up.

To answer your question, I don't really know honestly. But they sure are really hard and tedious to build. In my eyes, they should be just as good if not better than stone walls.

3 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

How badly are sandbags damaged by strong wind then? I know that normal walls are, and I assumed that the sandbags would be worse effected.

Anyway, to answer your question, it's a million times cheaper and easier to get stone walls up than sandbags, despite their barely renewable nature.

Hacking down bamboo just takes too much time and flint for many people.

It's just sand and bamboo.

1 hour ago, Hugeisno1 said:

Like walls it's best to hammer them down and start afresh.

Only sometimes.

Stone walls for example can be repaired with rocks. You don't have to commit 6 rocks to making another set of wall pieces to repair. Heavily damaged ones might be best destroyed and replaced, but minor damage can be repaired with bits and pieces of the requirement to construct.

Sandbags can only be repaired with sandbags, and unless this was changed without my noticing, you need to recommit the materials entirely to repair / replace them. Not to mention they cannot be strengthened further after placement like the walls can.

6 hours ago, Quyzbuk said:

Only sometimes.

Stone walls for example can be repaired with rocks. You don't have to commit 6 rocks to making another set of wall pieces to repair. Heavily damaged ones might be best destroyed and replaced, but minor damage can be repaired with bits and pieces of the requirement to construct.

Sandbags can only be repaired with sandbags, and unless this was changed without my noticing, you need to recommit the materials entirely to repair / replace them. Not to mention they cannot be strengthened further after placement like the walls can.

Also, sandbags don't give you back the cloth when they're hammered down.

Which is annoying, as that's the most expensive thing used to craft them.

Stone walls on the other hand give you back (technically) all of the stuff needed to craft it.

And sandbags aren't fireproof, which is a massive problem when fire hounds come.

43 minutes ago, BoMbaStiXxX said:

Are stone walls fire proof? Last time I built them in RoG they self-combusted in Summer.

I'm am 99.99% sure that they're fireproof. 

I use them in my tooth trap pit in RoG, and they've never set fire from a red hound. Also, they aren't covered by an ice fling-o-matic and yet they have survived for over 250 days without burning in summer.

Archived