Out of memory?

Alright, before the new caves update for DST, everything was working perfectly and now part of my characters modmain is causing the game to run out of memory. It has something to do with the pickable component, which I have no idea if it changed from the last version of the game

local function newOnPickedFn(inst, picker)
        if picker and picker.components.sanity then
            picker.components.sanity:DoDelta(-TUNING.SANITY_TINY)
        end
        inst:Remove()
    end

local function flowerPostPrefab(inst)
        inst.components.pickable.onpickedfn = newOnPickedFn
    end

AddPrefabPostInit("flower", flowerPostPrefab)

if picker and picker.components.sanity then
            picker.components.sanity:DoDelta(TUNING.SANITY_MED)
        end
    end

local function evilFlowerPostPrefab(inst)
        inst.components.pickable.onpickedfn = newOnPickedFn
    end

AddPrefabPostInit("flower_evil", flowerPostPrefab)

here's my log too.

client_log.txt

Edited by ELEMENTALCRAFTER009

Out of memory errors usually mean that the game is trying to do something over and over again in a loop.

When I've gotten these errors before, it's been a compiling issue with my anim files, but your log looks different.

the out of memory issue seems to be related to something RakNet is trying to do over and over and over again and not your mod necessarily.

what exactly are you trying to do with this code?

Just now, mf99k said:

Out of memory errors usually mean that the game is trying to do something over and over again in a loop.

When I've gotten these errors before, it's been a compiling issue with my anim files, but your log looks different.

the out of memory issue seems to be related to something RakNet is trying to do over and over and over again and not your mod necessarily.

what exactly are you trying to do with this code?

Whenever the player picks a flower, then the sanity will decrease by 5. An opposite effect is applied for the evil flower.

ok so my computer isn't letting me post anything right now for some annoying reason so I'm gonna try this again

what I've gotten to work before with character mods that have different sanity effects with flowers is copy the flower prefabs from the base game into the character mod, give the character a custom tag, and change the picked function to something like this:

if picker and picker.components.sanity and not picker.HasTag:("customtagexample") then
        elseif picker.HasTag:("customtagexample") then
            picker.components.sanity:DoDelta(-TUNING.SANITY_MED)
        end
    end

The Warper character mod on steam is like this if you need a better example of how to code it.

17 minutes ago, mf99k said:

ok so my computer isn't letting me post anything right now for some annoying reason so I'm gonna try this again

what I've gotten to work before with character mods that have different sanity effects with flowers is copy the flower prefabs from the base game into the character mod, give the character a custom tag, and change the picked function to something like this:

if picker and picker.components.sanity and not picker.HasTag:("customtagexample") then
        elseif picker.HasTag:("customtagexample") then
        end
    end

The Warper character mod on steam is like this if you need a better example of how to code it.

[string "../mods/Welginny - DST/modmain.lua"]:73: '<name>' expected near '('

This is in the log even though there is a name in the code 

inst:AddTag("RemoveSanity")
    end

inst:AddTag("AddSanity")
    end

if picker and picker.components.sanity and not picker.HasTag:("AddSanity") then --This line
        elseif picker.HasTag:("RemoveSanity") then
        end
    end

The biggest change in the recent update is that when you host the game you are no longer the server, you are the client that connects to a mini dedicated server. Thus when investigating bugs in your mod you need to check both client_log and server_log (I have mine at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master\server_log.txt).

The message RakNet detected a missing replica usually indicates network synchronization errors. My guess is that your mod previously worked on hosted game only and not on dedicated server.

Try enclosing the code in modmain that is not meant to run on the client in

if GLOBAL.TheNet and GLOBAL.TheNet:GetIsServer() then
    -- your server only code
end

Edited by Muche

5 minutes ago, Muche said:

The biggest change in the recent update is that when you host the game you are no longer the server, you are the client that connects to mini dedicated server. Thus when investigating bugs in your mod you need to check both client_log and server_log (I have mine at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master\server_log.txt).

The message RakNet detected a missing replica usually indicates network synchronization errors. My guess is that your mod previously worked on hosted game only and not on dedicated server.

Try enclosing the code in modmain that is not meant to run on the client in

-- your server only code
end

Would this how you place it?

inst:AddTag("RemoveSanity")
    end

inst:AddTag("AddSanity")
    end

if picker and picker.components.sanity and not picker.HasTag:("AddSanity") then
        elseif picker.HasTag:("RemoveSanity") then
        end
    end

end

38 minutes ago, Muche said:

Yes. Although looking at it, there is a mismatch in the new newOnPickedFn - it checks AddSanity/RemoveSanity tags on the picker, not on the flower that postprefabinits are giving it to.

How would you put to refer to the flower/evil flower prefab with the tag in the function?

Edited by ELEMENTALCRAFTER009

Honestly, the code in the first post looked good to me (as it is almost identical to what the game is doing currently, just with values of gained sanity changed).

For example, checking player's tag would be useful if the amount of sanity gained depended on which character picked the flower up; tags on flowers would be useful if they were added to other prefabs as well. I feel like in this case they are not needed.

3 hours ago, Muche said:

Honestly, the code in the first post looked good to me (as it is almost identical to what the game is doing currently, just with values of gained sanity changed).

For example, checking player's tag would be useful if the amount of sanity gained depended on which character picked the flower up; tags on flowers would be useful if they were added to other prefabs as well. I feel like in this case they are not needed.

Alternatively this function appears to do exactly the same thing, but goes in the character prefab. Fixed!

if data and data.object.prefab == "flower" and inst.components.sanity then
            inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(-TUNING.SANITY_MED)
            elseif data and data.object.prefab == "flower_eveil" and inst.components.sanity then
                inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(TUNING.SANITY_MED)
                end
            end)