Where are Mermaids/Sirens?

Those water-girls. Befriendable, Amphibious(can walk on land and swim in water).

Every pirate game has them shouldn't SW have them too? They don't have to be half fish, half human. Just something close to that. More mobs that can swim and some special swimming befriendable mob would be good.

In vanilla there were pigs, caves have bunny man, I think mermaids would be a great mob to befriend. (Don't you even dare to mention those apes, not even a word!!! And apes can't swim so we cant drag them with us.)

Plot twist: They have police sirens on their heads (nee-naws) and when you attack them they run at you at double your movement speed, their sirens wailing and their mouths a gaping hole emitting a piercing scream, only to deal 5 damage when they finally attack you after a long build up reminiscent of the seal-nado's 'suck' attack.

6 hours ago, grekon said:

Those water-girls. Befriendable, Amphibious(can walk on land and swim in water).

Every pirate game has them shouldn't SW have them too? They don't have to be half fish, half human. Just something close to that. More mobs that can swim and some special swimming befriendable mob would be good.

In vanilla there were pigs, caves have bunny man, I think mermaids would be a great mob to befriend. (Don't you even dare to mention those apes, not even a word!!! And apes can't swim so we cant drag them with us.)

Mermaids

get it

they're merm

and they're aids

11 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

Mermaids

get it

they're merm

and they're aids

Hehe. Mermaids - Merry Maids?

Wait, there was a thread about a monkey butler. How about a fish maid? Fish Maiden? Just throwing some ideas out there.

Sirens? Nope, not happening. And if they're added they'll be hideous and horrifying creatures you have to deal with.

I mean, they're those monsters that sing to lure men and then kill them, right?

Unless "siren" means we're getting Mrs. McTusk with a fish tail swimming gracefully in the ocean... kill me

4 hours ago, PanAzej said:

Sirens? Nope, not happening. And if they're added they'll be hideous and horrifying creatures you have to deal with.

I mean, they're those monsters that sing to lure men and then kill them, right?

Unless "siren" means we're getting Mrs. McTusk with a fish tail swimming gracefully in the ocean... kill me

Sirens don't have to be hideous. I've seen a version of them where they were just like mermaids - half woman, half fish. The difference is that they would lure sailors with their beauty and singing and then drag them down to the bottom of the sea.

Now that I think about Klei could implement mermaids that transform into sirens depending weather or something.

We have pigmen/werepigs

We have bunnymen/beardlords

Why not have mermaids/sirens

We have tons of humanoid mobs that act In similar ways, i'm not very excited for the umpteenth mob like them, also in shipwrecked we already have 2 types of merms.

Why instead don't develop more about the ballphins?

Wouldn't be cool if you could permanently tame one, making him a follower that follow you in water and stay still when you are in land? It could also grow bigger and fight with you

I don't want them to end up like tallbirds, they aren't even marked on the map...

3 hours ago, Zeklo said:

KeALNLO5.jpg

Yes....? No...? >.>

Klei flips things up and makes puns. However most of the things look nice and cute in some way, while that is just ugly. In no way I can even imagine that they would put this thing in the game.

Just now, grekon said:

Klei flips things up and makes puns. However most of the things look nice and cute in some way, while that is just ugly. In no way I can even imagine that they would put this thing in the game.

Not saying exactly like that as it gives me nightmares. Just pointing out what I meant in the most extreme way possible to get the point across.

17 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Sirens as in ambulance? Mermaid as in fish doctor? Am I sensing a medic-type pet here?

I was thinking something similar, but not as a pet. I was thinking like a mob that replaces the Floaty Boaty Knights when sealife is killed. It would look like Lanternfish type of thing with instead of the lantern, a blue-red flash thing as seen on police cars. Maybe even a police cap.

Or as you said, a mob that can heal the player or other mobs, and (excuse the pun) would look like a surgeonfish. Again with a blue-red flash lamp.

Archived