I really want a black-list-thing in Klei and DST against griefers

I really want a black-list-thing in Klei against griefers. Players report griefers somehow and DST make an announcement that the one maybe a griefer when he/she join in a world and even griefers be forbidden to play for a time like Steam.

Yes I can use mods like Simple Protection or set a password or just let friends join in but I strongly want to enjoy playing with both ones I know and ones I don't know. And I don't always host a server myself and not every server does so. And I think griefers should really get some penalty and options like "password: NO" and "friends-only: NO" and "Steam Group Only: NO" and "Mods: NO" should exist and not be thrown aside.

This would only create a toxic environment. I get that this seems like a good idea, but it could quite honestly go downhill fast. Certainly griefers would appear less in the community, but other players would also get banned in the process. Say a Willow lights a log or a stump on fire for sanity, and it catches a sapling, which catches a flower, etc. etc. until it eventually hits the base. Purely accidental, but if someone reported that as griefing that player would be banned from a large amount of serves for just a simple mistake. Besides, not many players grief every time they play, and others have different definitions of griefing. Someone new to PVP may complain of someone destroying or burning their base, but that's just the name of the game d:

46 minutes ago, kazoooo said:

This would only create a toxic environment. I get that this seems like a good idea, but it could quite honestly go downhill fast. Certainly griefers would appear less in the community, but other players would also get banned in the process. Say a Willow lights a log or a stump on fire for sanity, and it catches a sapling, which catches a flower, etc. etc. until it eventually hits the base. Purely accidental, but if someone reported that as griefing that player would be banned from a large amount of serves for just a simple mistake. Besides, not many players grief every time they play, and others have different definitions of griefing. Someone new to PVP may complain of someone destroying or burning their base, but that's just the name of the game d:

Not mentioning the possibility of bad intentioned people reporting griefers who aren't griefers at all.

@kazoooo@Mudley

In fact I've encountered only (approximately) five griefers yet now who fired almost everything and left immediately after that (I've played DST for about 400 hrs), and some newcomers who hammered or fired something by mistake. I don't hate such newcomers but those griefers.

I agree that a player should not be banned by just be reported once or reported by mistake or even reported maliciously in a penalty system since we should base on truth (logs).

But DST servers are hosted by ourselves while not Klei so what I think hard is Klei can't collect or analysis logs of player behaviors (we can't know about behaviors from logs on servers yet now) to judge whether a player is a griefer or not. And I think Klei can't prevent one from connecting to a server due to the same reason but prevent one from logging in (unless servers query his/her info from Klei or download all ban lists maintained by Klei to prevent griefers themselves). Afterall, it costs to analysis logs and judge reports.

Definitions of griefing? I think we can easily reach agreements.

(PS: I'm not a native English speaker so some words may be not grammatical)

2 minutes ago, itsLong said:

stuff

As far as I'm concerned, as long as servers save rollbacks I'm fine with griefers. Wow, look at you, being Mr. Bigshot Burnypants. I can undo all your actions with the push of a button. Of course, dedicated servers are another issue, but I literally know nothing about them besides they're sometimes more laggy than hosted servers.

On 2/17/2016 at 10:31 PM, Weirdobob said:

besides they're sometimes more laggy than hosted servers.

hmm, that's a bold statement.

I was thinking of creating a voting database to give people "naughtiness" levels -/+1 to naughtiness based on what actions you do in game. Allow each player to vote only once +1 or -1 on other players accounts, make everythign ananymous of course. After that it's all up to server owners to decide at what -x a player should get banned on their server.

On 2/12/2016 at 4:09 PM, itsLong said:

I really want a black-list-thing in Klei against griefers. Players report griefers somehow and DST make an announcement that the one maybe a griefer when he/she join in a world and even griefers be forbidden to play for a time like Steam.

Yes I can use mods like Simple Protection or set a password or just let friends join in but I strongly want to enjoy playing with both ones I know and ones I don't know. And I don't always host a server myself and not every server does so. And I think griefers should really get some penalty and options like "password: NO" and "friends-only: NO" and "Steam Group Only: NO" and "Mods: NO" should exist and not be thrown aside.

whats a griefer

Archived