Lag Since Update

I have noticed that The  Server is now running in the back ground which caused me issues before(trying to run a dedicated)! now i have no way of turning this off?  i was able to play just fine before this update which Forced Server Running in the background!  Now i get Delays picking stuff up or chopping a tree or Crafting an Item. Ive even tried the -threaded_render on launch options (seems less laggy with out it) Any suggestion ... id like to play again with out lag... thank you  

P.S None of my Command in console seem to work any more was this changed? 

Same here. With the patch, my old saves disappeared (which is fine), so I started a new world.

Now, I'm experiencing lags despite being the host. I assume it's due to the game now running in background?

I tried changing to offline mode, but I can no longer create an offline server whether cave is enabled or not.

I get a message along the lines "dedicated server could not be created for some reason".

I hope there's a way to host the server and play without having to deal with these lags.

I'm no expert and maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit here. But I did have my concerns from the start about running 2 servers side by side on the same machine. My "old" DST server has one cpu and 780(something)megs of Ram. I can happily host 10 players on that with no lag on a medium sized world. If I increase this to 16 players (I get lag), If I keep 10 players and make the world Huge , I get lag.  

My point is that this new update now means more resources and if you had lag issues before then you're going to get them even worse now, which means people running on laptops (and low end PC's) are going to feel it (unless you have a top of the line gaming laptop/pc that is) .. 

It's in BETA , another important thing to keep in mind. It's not going to be optimized properly yet and you're going to get bugs, memory leaks, rage quitting galore :p

If you are having a lot of lag after the update, it is likely that your computer is having difficulty running multiple servers. We just posted an update that will allow you to turn off the caves server so it isn't slowing your game down. 

The disconnects right were caused by being idle (as a host) which has also been addressed in the update. 

If you find that this was not the case for you, please file a bug report and let us know

1 hour ago, Mueck said:

But... My computer is 2 months old and has 16 GB RAM. If this isn't enough, what kind of computer do I need to play DST? :?

I agree with you right here I just bought this Pc... 

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

If you are having a lot of lag after the update, it is likely that your computer is having difficulty running multiple servers. We just posted an update that will allow you to turn off the caves server so it isn't slowing your game down. 

The disconnects right were caused by being idle (as a host) which has also been addressed in the update.

It seems a Bit better (even running the Background server) after today's Patch ..  

Edit: Barely getting the Delay / lag i was getting yesterday ... maybe some more optimization in today's patch ? 

• Developer
4 hours ago, Mueck said:

But... My computer is 2 months old and has 16 GB RAM

Yeah, I think we can safely assume that's not the problem then. :) Please reach out to support with your details (we'll want a log file, and info about your computer from dxdiag if you're on windows, and as much additional information as you can think to include - stuff like if the lag is always present or just sometimes, if so what kinds of things might be triggering it, anything unusual about your setup, etc) and we'll look into your issues as soon as we get in on Monday! Thanks for your patience, and sorry for any inconvenience!

2 hours ago, Crintar said:

I agree with you right here I just bought this Pc... 

Same. Sounds like lag is better for you now, but if you start seeing it again please send your details to support (there's a support area on the forums) and we'll look into it!

I didn't test nothing today but yesterday was awful, i7 4770k + gtx 970 Xtreme all driver updated, dx updated, lagging on the same the server that I played for months, and dedicated servers are just working on LAN like yesterday?

Archived