Seaworthy questions: seasons, hound attacks, items to bring over to SW

Seasons related question: When I use the seaworthy in my SW world and create a new RoG world with it rather than linking to an existing world, will I start on the first day of Autumn?

If not, how are seasons handled? I can imagine it's a bit tricky since RoG and SW seasons don't last for the same count of days. Let's say I use the seaworthy on day 57. According to http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Seasons this is the last day of Monsoon season. Will it be the last day of the corresponding Spring season in RoG or will it be the first day of Summer?

Hound attacks related: In this new RoG world, will I start with weak hound attacks (2-3) or will I have to deal with 10 or more per attack?

Which items would you recommend to gather/craft in your RoG world to bring them over to your SW world? I plan to get the Walking Cane and the Tam O' Shanter, maybe a bunch of moleworms. Any other suggestions?

Can't answer your first questions, but your ideas for items are pretty much what I would bring, maybe gears too. Haven't played much of Shipwrecked (yet) but now that the Seaworthy is out I'm definitely more tempted to get rid of my RoG obsession :p 

1 hour ago, critiqued said:

Can't answer your first questions, but your ideas for items are pretty much what I would bring, maybe gears too. Haven't played much of Shipwrecked (yet) but now that the Seaworthy is out I'm definitely more tempted to get rid of my RoG obsession :p 

Best wait for those who have actually gone between worlds. I was always under the impression that when you jump world's you start again from day 1.

What I can say is that gears aren't an issue once run into the local mechanicals. Most people complain that they have too many. Chests worth of gears. You probably will be exploring through the early days anyways and setting up a Base on your first island isn't always the best idea so no need for them just yet.

6 minutes ago, Hugeisno1 said:

Best wait for those who have actually gone between worlds. I was always under the impression that when you jump world's you start again from day 1.

What I can say is that gears aren't an issue once run into the local mechanicals. Most people complain that they have too many. Chests worth of gears. You probably will be exploring through the early days anyways and setting up a Base on your first island isn't always the best idea so no need for them just yet.

Hmm, from what I understood I thought there was some kind of bug with gears in SW, maybe I was mistaken.

Thanks though :) saves me the trouble.

When I use the seaworthy in my SW world and create a new RoG world with it rather than linking to an existing world, will I start on the first day of Autumn? 

Yes (sorta will explain later), since it's a new world. The duration of the RoG seasons should still be the same as a normally generated RoG World but since the days counter takes into account both worlds, the exact day of when season ends would be deferred depending on what day you made the merge. So if you make the merge to a New RoG World on the 57th day in SW, the RoG world's first winter would be somewhere between the 77-81st day.

That is if the RoG world starts in Autumn. If you try to start a totally different save with RoG and check the World Presets, the season start is set to Autumn or Spring by default. Since we still do not have the ability to modify the world presets in SW, the RoG's preset would be all default. Thereby generating a new RoG world to merge to would either start on Autumn or Spring depending on RNG or codewise math.random in seasonmanager_rog.lua located in Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\data\DLC0002\scripts\components.

Here's the list of console commands I used to test this, start with SW then enter the console commands below:

c_gonext'shipwrecked_exit'
LongUpdate(57*TUNING.TOTAL_DAY_TIME)

Then activate the Seaworthy and generate a new RoG world. Then:

LongUpdate(21*TUNING.TOTAL_DAY_TIME)

Hound attacks related: In this new RoG world, will I start with weak hound attacks (2-3) or will I have to deal with 10 or more per attack?

With regards to the hound count, I believe it wouldn't reset to the number of hounds because the World Clock carries over from SW to RoG which is what the hound wave hound count is based on.

Which items would you recommend to gather/craft in your RoG world to bring them over to your SW world?  

I'd get a Bush Hat which is impossible to get in SW. 

I'd also bring over Chester's eyebone to SW, he may get stuck on the Seaworthy's island so we'll have to kill him and get the eyebone to the base before he respawns. Not necessarily a game changing idea but the more (followers) the merrier, right? Oh yeah, Chester doesn't world hop through Seaworthy. He'll respawn with an empty inventory on the other side. RoG Chester will stay put until you get back. I've tested Glommer and tried to bring it over, sadly I only the flower get's carried over and Glommer doesn't respawn even after jumping through the bermudatriangle's. I would've also suggested bringing an old bell with you but that doesn't seem to be included in the SW-merged RoG World. Realistically, I'd use the RoG world to increase my resource count in SW (grass, sapling, berry bushes, etc.) and possibly get some thulecite and ancient pseudoscience related equipment. 

The most important thing (I think) you could possible bring to SW from RoG are cobblestones. These things are vital to fully refurbishing a whole island to your needs.

That's about it I guess, any of the information above could be wrong as I was only able to test these by fiddling with the console commands. I hope that helps with the discussion at least, cheers.

I've been using the seaworthy portal quite a bit and here's what I've learned:

-Everything you will need is in the ROG side of the portal.  I've been to 8 worlds in ROG through the seaworthy portal so far and all of them seem to be quite abundant in gold, rocks, rocky turf, tallbirds, pighouses, spiders, clockworks, hound nests, walrus huts etc. The last winter I went through I got 9 tusks and 4 Tam'o shanters.  

-If you want to bring a sharkfin hat and some coffee, that would help out getting around.  I haven't tried bringing coffee plants to ROG, but that would be a good idea.

-Nothing prefabed in SW will carry over to ROG and vice versa.  You can't craft SW stuff in the ROG world, so no obsidan fire pit for now. 

-The caves and ruins seem to be fully functional.  I am still working on getting a houndius shootius to bring back to SW, as that would be the best thing to bring back, but I can't seem to bump into a deerclops

-Time stands still in SW when you are in ROG world, but the day count seems to be combined between worlds, so hounds can be quite intense. Lately it seems that when I use the seaworthy I get a hound attack immediately, regardless of how long ago the last one was, so tooth traps on both sides of the seaworthy seems crucial. 

@Hugeisno1 items stay unlocked when you cross between worlds through the Seaworthy. The only things you can't craft in SW that are only accessible in a RoG world, like the items under the Ancient tab. Also boss related items like Eyebrella, Hibearnation Vest, Insulated Pack, Scalemail, etc. Luxury Fan seems to be removed since SW already has Tropical Fan, could be a mistake or could be intentional.

There could be other stuff I'm forgetting but with regards to the basic items that can exist both in SW and RoG, unlocked items stay unlocked in both worlds. For example, if you craft the Science Machine in SW (don't place it down by pressing right click) then use the Seaworthy to get to RoG then you'd still be able to place down that Science Machine. Another example, in the RoG World you craft three Boards and unlock the Chest through the Science Machine you just built and cancel the placement again. Then use the Seaworthy again to get to SW, you'd still be able to place down the Chest in your SW world.

I hope that makes sense, cheers.

@Hugeisno1 afaik moleworms don't multiply. You could however just bring over an inventory full of them. They would still live normally in SW. If you're pertaining to Moggles, you can bring Moggles over from RoG to SW but you can't craft Moggles in an SW world.

The whole game is still EA so this might change in the future. Might.

18 hours ago, Zillvr said:

@Hugeisno1 afaik moleworms don't multiply. You could however just bring over an inventory full of them. They would still live normally in SW. If you're pertaining to Moggles, you can bring Moggles over from RoG to SW but you can't craft Moggles in an SW world.

It's possible to breed moles but it's slow and tricky.  

Spoiler

You have to whack one, wait for its hole to spawn a new mole (takes a day or two), then dig the hole so both moles become homeless.

@Zinglon that has been confirmed as intended behavior in this post. (source)

World hopping in either worlds that are merged will not result in any change in the other world. For example, you can merge a SW world to a RoG world and in that RoG world you start to world hop a few times. Doing so will not result in a new SW world, the SW world you merged from would still be intact and it'll still be the same SW world if you access a Seaworthy again regardless of how many times you world hop in the RoG World.

Cheers.

On 11.02.2016 at 0:24 PM, BoMbaStiXxX said:

Seasons related question: When I use the seaworthy in my SW world and create a new RoG world with it rather than linking to an existing world, will I start on the first day of Autumn?

If not, how are seasons handled? I can imagine it's a bit tricky since RoG and SW seasons don't last for the same count of days. Let's say I use the seaworthy on day 57. According to http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Seasons this is the last day of Monsoon season. Will it be the last day of the corresponding Spring season in RoG or will it be the first day of Summer?

On this topic. It seems the intention is to arrive in autumn (or autumn/spring) but it has some bugs currently. Here's my short story on trying the seaworthy for the first time:

I made the jump on day 27. When I arrived it was day 27 and it looked like autumn. I'm not sure about hound intensity, but it seems to not have reset: I got 2 red hounds on first attack and about 8 hounds on my second one.

I played a few days, not sure how long. Enough to make a small base but I don't think it was 20 days. When I relogged for the next session it was day 28 (!) and I died from freezing on the same day. There was no snow. So uh, go figure.

Archived