Wigfrid volcano sad story

I just spent several hours to find myself some coffe, only to find that Wigfrid doesn't drink coffe...

I have to say that for being a special food item, and one that you have to put some work into to it, coffe should be an exception to the meat rule.

Its not like its going to restore hunger or anything meaningful.

Note: My wife and I love the game, keep up the good work. Also, my wife says "pretty plz shipwreck ipad version".

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 01.16.00.png

I'm sure someone could/should make a mod for this, but honestly it's just the downside of the character. She's a really powerful character to play as in a lot of ways, so for me this is a welcome nerf, even though I like playing as her.

It's not all bad though, I'm sure you can still use the coffee beans as filler for your meat foods!

She prolly drinks mead from the skulls of her vanquished foes. Offscreen that is.

Btw, was considering playing her in shipwrecked, but what are you supposed to eat in the very first few days as her (before crock pot)? Can you make it on just limpets?

2 minutes ago, YsaNoire said:

She prolly drinks mead from the skulls of her vanquished foes. Offscreen that is.

Btw, was considering playing her in shipwrecked, but what are you supposed to eat in the very first few days as her (before crock pot)? Can you make it on just limpets?

Limpets work great, yeah. If things get iffy, there's always cooked monster meat if you're willing to kill some stuff to get that hp and sanity back.

I could understand the nerf if it the coffee restored any meaningful hunger, health or sanity. Not like this.

I would welcome a nerf of not being able to eat fish more than pass on coffee. That would make it a fun challenge, removing coffee from the character just removes a whole "thing to do" in the game. And things to do its what makes it fun, at least for me. And challenges ofc.

31 minutes ago, oldrumors said:

I could understand the nerf if it the coffee restored any meaningful hunger, health or sanity. Not like this.

I would welcome a nerf of not being able to eat fish more than pass on coffee. That would make it a fun challenge, removing coffee from the character just removes a whole "thing to do" in the game. And things to do its what makes it fun, at least for me. And challenges ofc.

Well while I totally get where you're coming from, you can still totally farm the coffee beans like normal, like another version of the berry bush that requires easier-to-get fertilizer and is one of the extremely few plants that not only doesn't wither but thrives during the dry season. So it's actually a really great source of filler that you can harvest year round! I wouldn't say that's useless, especially if you're not heavily relying on the ice maker. The only thing you can't do with them is get the speed boost honestly. I know it's theoretically the whole point, but there are other uses too. Who knows, maybe eventually we'll get more recipes that use coffee and benefit from the speed boost but wigfried can also eat ^^

By the way how do you have Warley's crock pot as Wig?

She already eats eggs which are technically not meat.

Not to mention, Wigfrid has quite a lot of adventages compared to the few bad sides of her disadventage. Coffee is sadly one of them, but it's not such a game changer that she's missing out too much on.

(Also not eating Fish would make no sense. Fish are still meat.)

4 hours ago, YsaNoire said:

I've played her a few times, she can be tricky in Shipwrecked.

She starts with 4 meat.  The problem is that 4 meat doesn't go very far with her, both her hunger and sanity are set low so they drain pretty quickly.  You need a source of meat, monster or otherwise, immediately. You need a crock pot immediately after that, which means you need to find gold for your science machine immediately.  Trapped crabs and limpets can help keep you going.

You also need a renewable source of things to fight.  Snakes can give you some meat, but don't seem to give a lot of sanity, and there's always the risk of venom.  Fighting monkeys isn't good, they run faster than you, and if you anger a group of them they'll poop you to death in seconds.  Finding a couple of spider nests is the best. 

Of course, given how much slower exploration is in Shipwrecked it can take time to find these things.  It's a race between you hunger and sanity drain vs how much stuff is close enough to you to be found.

Oh, and I dont know if they fixed it, but you can put 2 durians & 2 other veggies or fruits in a crockpot and get monster lasagna, which she can eat. 

Wigfrid makes things a bit slow at the beginning in SW but that's all. I make meatballs all the time so it doesn't matter if its wigfrid or not. In late game a doydoy pen seems to solve all issues.

For starters: jungle biome=>snakes=>monster meat.

As for the coffee I would like her to be able to drink it too. To me coffee is basically an elixir in this game. - its an elixir, its gives a buff doesnt it? But I guess if it's just one it doesn't matter too much. If we had more "drinks" then this discussion would have more weight.

10 hours ago, YsaNoire said:

Yeah. If there isn't enough limpets however, you can just hunt a few jelly fish. They're a one hit kill with Wigfrid's battle spear and the Helmet helps with taking less damage.

Archived