[Spoiler] Undocumented Backpacks Feature

This may be just another result of being simply uninformed but I do try to read every update posted by the devs so I do hope I'm not mistakenly claiming this as an undocumented feature if it's already openly known (and I just didn't get the memo*). Added spoiler to the title in case people may want to find this snippet of information on their own. I looked through the main update threads for Shipwrecked and didn't find any documentation on this. If there is one, let me know.

Now lets get on with this hidden/undocumented(?) feature, the backpacks can serve as floating containers that can be opened if you try to access them while you are on land. I've tested this with all the possible body slot containers (Chef Pouch, Backpack, Piggyback, Krampus Sack, Booty Bag)

To be able to open them you must be a short distance away, any closer and the action would be to retrieve the bags. It's easier to do with a Piggyback and a little trickier with the rest. Here's a video of it in case you were wondering how to do it exactly.

Feel free to correct me, cheers.

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Misaki said:

You can open backpacks on land?

What stops me then from creating backpacks instead of chests?

A certain monstrosity roaming hurricane season can't scatter your chest to the four corners of the world. 

Don't items in the sea sink after some time?

Archived