Underwater Caves - Some Suggestions

Seeing how many people requested this already I would be surprised to see Underwater not being added.

Anyway, I think it can be added as a second layer to the Volcano Caves.

I had some ideas on how it'll work(If they're awful, I am sorry haha).

It'll look like the world above the sea, but color changed and with different visual effects(pretty big too, and has a day night cycle as well), and will put you into 100% wetness when you enter it.

Seaweed and Corals are abundant. Plenty of new mobs(Like Lovecraftian looking Merms, a giant squid, etc.), biomes, and set pieces.
You can only enter when you have diving equipment(Diving Helmet at least).

It will have at least 1 biome that has air in it, but other than that(Or even without it), the entire place requires diving equipment.

You are capable of building Walls underwater, and if a special wall type has been used, it will float and can be seen in the normal world.

Waves will damage the durability of Walls as well(normal waves would do so slightly, but bigger ones would be more appearent), and maybe can even bring some loot with them(Trawling combined with earthquakes essentially).

Diving Helmet

Spoiler

Science Machine/Alchemy Engine tier

Requires: 3 Snakeskin, 2 Empty Bottles, 2 Cloth

Has durability(can be refueled back while it is not worn and is on land or by oxygen tanks), and without it, the character would die instantly in sea, or start having a freezing like status effect. Will not be consumed when durability reaches 0%. Does not prevent wetness.

Oxygen Tank

Spoiler

Alchemy Engine Tier 

Requires: 3 Cut Stone, 6 Silk(Its essentially a bottle covered in metal with a fabric bag thing on the top that contains oxygen), 1 Bottle

Its only use basically is to craft some more advanced diving stuff, and to refuel diving equipment.

Can be used 5 times to refuel diving equipment. The amount of air it adds would vary for each equipment I believe.

Diving Suit

Spoiler

Alchemy Engine tier 

Requires: 6 Snakeskin, 3 Cloth, 2 Oxygen Tanks

Prevents the wetness gained from being underwater. Has a bar(like trawl net and obsidian tools have) that shows how much oxygen does it have. When the Diving Helmet(the suit doesn't apply air on its own, the diving helmet is still required) loses air, it gains more from the suit until the bar is empty.

Can be refueled the same ways as the Diving Helmet.

Submarine

Spoiler

Alchemy Engine tier

Requires: 2 Iron Wind(It wouldn't be easy to craft), 6 Cut Stone, 10 Gears(A good use for the abundancy of them)

Has a bit different equipment slots than the other boats(Weapon, attachment(Other than sails, who cant be added, other than the Iron Wind and possibly more things like it if more get added, and an extra slot for storage), and quite a lot of durability.

One cannot sail with it. Instead, it is used for safer, faster, stronger travel under water. It attacks with a torpado.

So, what do you think? Awful ideas that should die in a fire? Ideas that have place for improvement? Good ideas? Any other suggestions are welcome as well of course. 

Well, i would love to see underwater caves in Shipwrecked. When someone told me, that there will be a volcano caves i just lost my enthusiasm (sorry for bad grammar ;x ). I think volcano caves are nice and all, but it's just not what i would like to see in Shipwrecked. I realy want to klei to make underwater caves system, if they would did this, i would for first time like to go to caves in this game and i think this caves system would be a good part of this DLC after all xd

we got the volcano caves because people requested a 3rd layer which should be reached from the ruins and this layer should have magma and lava in it so it really becomes a problem to explore it because of overheating etc. that was like a year ago or so and now we got it with the volcano in sw which we didn't know about at that time and now people are talking about sea diving and stuff like that.

its possible that we might get something like this as a 2nd layer to the volcano because klei seems to listen to demands from the community, as we've seen with the last minute changes to sw which was supposed to be a stand alone game and now has become another addon to the base game instead, to allow traveling between 2 worlds.

I also remember a topic where someone suggested more craftable items which use snake skins. That person or maybe a reply to the OP suggested a new type of turf, the snake skin carpet which we got last update. and ofcourse the highly demanded buoy got added too, since people have requested it in several topics.

I fully support the idea, because the under water world offers so many possibilities for new creatures and items for gathering.

13 minutes ago, Kill3r86X said:

we got the volcano caves because people requested a 3rd layer which should be reached from the ruins and this layer should have magma and lava in it so it really becomes a problem to explore it because of overheating etc. that was like a year ago or so and now we got it with the volcano in sw which we didn't know about at that time and now people are talking about sea diving and stuff like that.

its possible that we might get something like this as a 2nd layer to the volcano because klei seems to listen to demands from the community, as we've seen with the last minute changes to sw which was supposed to be a stand alone game and now has become another addon to the base game instead, to allow traveling between 2 worlds.

I also remember a topic where someone suggested more craftable items which use snake skins. That person or maybe a reply to the OP suggested a new type of turf, the snake skin carpet which we got last update. and ofcourse the highly demanded buoy got added too, since people have requested it in several topics.

I fully support the idea, because the under water world offers so many possibilities for new creatures and items for gathering.

Also, do you think its a good idea for the Submarine to be able to go to the underwater from anywhere? Seeing as it'll be pretty late game(2 Iron Winds. 2 Sealnados required to be killed.), would it be too OP, unfitting for the system, or a cool idea?

16 minutes ago, LaziestCat said:

Well, i would love to see underwater caves in Shipwrecked. When someone told me, that there will be a volcano caves i just lost my enthusiasm (sorry for bad grammar ;x ). I think volcano caves are nice and all, but it's just not what i would like to see in Shipwrecked. I realy want to klei to make underwater caves system, if they would did this, i would for first time like to go to caves in this game and i think this caves system would be a good part of this DLC after all xd

I also lost my enthusiasm at first, but now when they got added they're actually pretty cool. Though my main issue with them is that the underwater would be better, and that the volcano has too little to do at the moment. 

55 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Also, do you think its a good idea for the Submarine to be able to go to the underwater from anywhere? Seeing as it'll be pretty late game(2 Iron Winds. 2 Sealnados required to be killed.), would it be too OP, unfitting for the system, or a cool idea?

I also lost my enthusiasm at first, but now when they got added they're actually pretty cool. Though my main issue with them is that the underwater would be better, and that the volcano has too little to do at the moment. 

I could imagin a permanent portal like we have it now for sw -> rog which you build on the water and that allows you then to enter the under water world. it could be very pricey to build. maybe it could require stuff from all worlds? like you have to kill a deerclops(he's the only base game giant so he makes the most sense for people who don't own RoG but still want to have underwater caves in sw) a sw giant and maybe get something unique from the caves or ruins in order to unlock the under water world? It should be something very rewarding to get into.

the under water world should be structured like the caves and ruins but in the size of the whole sw world to make the grind for the portal worthwhile with many diffrent biomes in it.

Just now, Kill3r86X said:

I could imagin a permanent portal like we have it now for sw -> rog which you build on the water and that allows you then to enter the under water world. it could be very pricey to build. maybe it could require stuff from all worlds? like you have to kill a deerclops(he's the only base game giant so he makes the most sense for people who don't own RoG but still want to have underwater caves in sw) a sw giant and maybe get something unique from the caves or ruins in order to unlock the under water world? It should be something very rewarding to get into.

the under water world should be structured like the caves and ruins but in the size of the whole sw world to make the grind for the portal worthwhile with many diffrent biomes in it.

I really like the idea of needing something from the base game and SW. I think the Underwater should have its own entrance like the other caves, but a portal that you can craft to just transport you underwater without going to the entrance, or just a quicker entrance in general would be a really cool thing. Maybe you can craft some tunnel that requires Thulecite, Obsidian, and something else? It would be protected from the elements and essentially everything almost, and would let you go underwater from the location you put it on as well as going into the normal entrance. 

2 hours ago, aukingiii said:

Yeah I thought of that but I never said it 

There could be fish swimming around and you could catch them with the speargun!

Well I think it's a great idea (about the underwater caves and all) :D

I really want it to be unique and interesting like the normal caves and ruins are.

Archived