Webber and New-Newish Players

I know this has been discussed in the past, but with the influx of new players from sales and whatnot lately I feel the need to bring it to the forefront again - Webber and his Spider Egg starting item. 

Especially on wilderness servers (like the Klei-hosted ones that were finally reset from their 40000+ day runs about a week and half ago), people who spam Webber (frequently those who tend to die A LOT) put so many eggs down that it can be quite a chore to move from one place to another, not to mention it can really start choking the server when there are so many in the worlds.

Not a problem for seasoned players (save for the lag holding us in place at times), but it can become annoying when people either absentmindedly or otherwise inadvertently place so many all over the world... barring of course the more, nefarious lets say, ways they are used... but this really is about the former, not the latter. 

What I would like to suggest is changing it from Webber players starting with an egg, to a set amount of silk, or perhaps most of the materials needed to craft the egg instead of the egg itself. 

1 hour ago, Quyzbuk said:

What I would like to suggest is changing it from Webber players starting with an egg, to a set amount of silk, or perhaps most of the materials needed to craft the egg instead of the egg itself. 

Or you could suggest that Klei makes it so you have option to turn off Webber's eggs but they have never done something like this so they'll probably never do it so it looks like we'll always have laggy public endless servers with eggs everywhere set down by Webber scum...but cha love gotta love new Willow amirite? :D 

1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

Or you could suggest that Klei makes it so you have option to turn off Webber's eggs but they have never done something like this so they'll probably never do it so it looks like we'll always have laggy public endless servers with eggs everywhere set down by Webber scum...but cha love gotta love new Willow amirite? :D 

Well, for Webber to actually craft an egg sac he needs a rather hefty amount of materials, including but not limited to silk and spider glands, which would be of great benefit to new(er) players while simultaneously making sure that veteran players don't have to clean up after them, this was mainly why I didn't suggest removing it altogether.

Also I'm fine with Willow as she is.

Well, for Webber to actually craft an egg sac he needs a rather hefty amount of materials, including but not limited to silk and spider glands, which would be of great benefit to new(er) players while simultaneously making sure that veteran players don't have to clean up after them, this was mainly why I didn't suggest removing it altogether.

You know what, you sir are a genus, and I'm an ******* I didn't think they could give him papyrus/ enough reeds and spider glands and let him grow the beard to get the silk and thus create the spider eggs, terrible sorry for misunderstanding.

Also I'm fine with Willow as she is.

I am too I was just trying to say Webber = old Willow, but I like how everyone is okay with her still starting with her lighter and not suggesting her making it before she can have one. (not that type of person wigfrid needs her tools for getting early meat.)

That's is bad enough, but i hate even more how the egg makes it very easy to grief at spawn.

Yesterday i was looking for a day one server, as soon i got in i saw a webber at the portal. He got closer to me, planted the egg in the ground, typed "XD" and then walked away like nothing happened. Yea, i know it's easy to destroy (and i did as soon as i got a torch) but if i was busy somewhere else i wouldn't know until it's too late. Imagine you're a random player who just happened to log at night and there are 3 spider dens around you? Unless you're Wigfrid/Webber/Willow or "so good you can handle multiple spiders in a small area without armor/weapons", you're DEAD ON DAY 1. Also, nonstop endless servers become unplayable because someone planted an egg at spawn and when someone logs days later, is swarmed by multiple level 3 dens. It's just too easy. He shouldn't start with an egg.

Archived