Can we expect an Update similar to "Strange New Powers" for the SW Cast?

So this has been bothering me for a while ever since the Introduction of Walani. What i mean is that we already got 3 out of 4 Characters for SW (at least according to the Roadmap) and so far each one of them is pretty basic compared to the maincast in the sense that at max they got some slight buffs to 1 stat and maybe 1 craftable item exclusive to them but nothing else.

Here is my problem with that so far with the exception of Warly (cause i actually like his playstyle with the Crockpot and all) i don't really see a reason to play any other SW characters when i can play the Basegame/RoG Cast what all offer me different strategies on how i can approach different obstacles in the game. For example when dealing with Hounds a lot of chars got different ways to kill them. Wolfgang turns mighty and beats the s**t out of them but needs food to do so, Wigfrid can easily beat them without much trouble, Wendy needs to support Abigail but as a team they work quite well, Webber can lure the Hounds to a couple of well placed Spiderdens and let the Spiders deal with them etc. etc.

With the SW cast i don't really see that many possibilitys to do that it's mostly just suit up in armor and whack them till they are dead.

To get to the point i would just like to know if we can expect an update similar to "Strange New Powers" that will refine the playstyle of the SW Cast and make them more diverse like the Base/RoG cast? Because i can't really tell if that's a thing from the Roadmap (the only thing that this could fall under is Balance changes).

At most, I would just amplify the upsides/downsides of Walani. Let her surf on big waves, like somebody suggested.

Warly is fine I think, could use something special though, like some food-related items. Perhaps some special spices he could add to dishes he cooked? Kinda like Wickerbottom, with his own special tab and stuff.

Wilbur... Uh, with this one I'm not too sure. His running is okayish, being a monkey perk is kinda weak, could be tweaked a bit. With enough support from his monkey friends he could become a bit more interesting and, well, balanced. I feel he is kinda underpowered right now, but maybe that's just me. Or that's the point.

28 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Warly is fine I think, could use something special though, like some food-related items. Perhaps some special spices he could add to dishes he cooked? Kinda like Wickerbottom, with his own special tab and stuff.

Remember the Smart Crockpot mod?

Maybe Warly could come with a recipe book

I think Wilbur is pretty good, I love his running, however he has the same debuff as walani. Wilbur should have a unique disability, perhaps he should lose sanity from wearing armor and such because of its non-regalness? Walani should be able to surf on big waves. Warly is way OP, his porta-pot lets you make meals on the go which gives you a huge advantage, and crock pot meals give even more hunger for him! And he has a chef pouch! He either needs a huge debuff, like only getting 30% hunger from non-crock pot food or needs to be balanced out.

2 minutes ago, ThaumicParrot said:

I think Wilbur is pretty good, I love his running, however he has the same debuff as walani. Wilbur should have a unique disability, perhaps he should lose sanity from wearing armor and such because of its non-regalness? Walani should be able to surf on big waves. Warly is way OP, his porta-pot lets you make meals on the go which gives you a huge advantage, and crock pot meals give even more hunger for him! And he has a chef pouch! He either needs a huge debuff, like only getting 30% hunger from non-crock pot food or needs to be balanced out.

Things like this would make it even less likely that i would pick one of the SW Chars.

WIlbur loosing sanity because i wear armor makes it even more of a pain to fight anything that has a slight insanity aura (aka every mob you want to use Armor against)

Also Warly is not really OP he only got the Hungergame down everything else is pretty bland in his regards.

That's why i say that they need something akin to strange new powers where everyone got abilitys that made them more interesting to play in the Long Run like Wolfgangsa Mightyness or Wickerbottoms books because otherwise they are to boring and basic for me to play.

Warly gets 20% more benefits from crock pot food; that's 20% more health and sanity, so I think his perk does slightly more than just food. Past that, with a massive 250 max hunger, and a portable crock pot, I think he's already pretty good as-is. Adding more would just make him OP.

Walani is really underwhelming though, I agree. Wilbur... the running is pretty dang good (if you bring him to an RoG world it'd be godly) and that alone is almost enough, as bland as it may be. Passive poop gen is okay, especially since it's not quite as easy to get poop in SW, you have to actively get it from feeding boars (or get your sanity nuked by monkeys... 10 per poop, no thanks) so in SW that's an alright side thing, as are the monkeys. If the monkeys defend you on getting hit then it's a solid ability. (I don't know if they do, I haven't played Wilbur much)

...so yeah, I mostly just think Walani needs to be adjusted. Surfboard isn't much good past the start and her other abilities -sound- nice, but don't actually have the sheer number oomph to do much.

edit:Yeah, monkeys will always fight with Wilbur as well as defend him. It's somewhat limited due to islands, but you can build monkey huts, so that's a good ability.

7 hours ago, MycoLogical said:

It is something I hoped with since Day 1 (and it also needs to include Wigfrid and Webber)

I agree with Wigfrid, she is absurdly overpowered to the point of being better than pre-StrangeNewPowers Wolfgang, she needs a rebalance to make her interesting.

But Webber seems fine, he's unique and offers a pretty good twist on regular experience without making the game easy mode, I also like his increased health and hunger.

17 minutes ago, Misaki said:

But Webber seems fine, he's unique and offers a pretty good twist on regular experience without making the game easy mode, I also like his increased health and hunger.

...That's a joke right? In Shipwrecked he has a spider egg from the start, can grow his own silk which is hard to find in Shipwrecked and seeing as to how there is no winter it's pretty good to grow it and cut it immediately, there are so many snakes it makes it super easy to not die from starving not that starving was ever a problem in the first place, and if you're gonna talk about his 100 sanity pirate hat is pretty easy to make and easy to find laying around, also don't forget about his increased stats which make him ridiculously easy to stay alive, I think they should at least nerf his health to 150.

22 hours ago, Tumalu said:

Warly gets 20% more benefits from crock pot food; that's 20% more health and sanity, so I think his perk does slightly more than just food. Past that, with a massive 250 max hunger, and a portable crock pot, I think he's already pretty good as-is. Adding more would just make him OP.

Walani is really underwhelming though, I agree. Wilbur... the running is pretty dang good (if you bring him to an RoG world it'd be godly) and that alone is almost enough, as bland as it may be. Passive poop gen is okay, especially since it's not quite as easy to get poop in SW, you have to actively get it from feeding boars (or get your sanity nuked by monkeys... 10 per poop, no thanks) so in SW that's an alright side thing, as are the monkeys. If the monkeys defend you on getting hit then it's a solid ability. (I don't know if they do, I haven't played Wilbur much)

...so yeah, I mostly just think Walani needs to be adjusted. Surfboard isn't much good past the start and her other abilities -sound- nice, but don't actually have the sheer number oomph to do much.

edit:Yeah, monkeys will always fight with Wilbur as well as defend him. It's somewhat limited due to islands, but you can build monkey huts, so that's a good ability.

Technically Warly's hunger only lasts as long as someone with 175 hunger. Since his hunger has a multiplayer on it like Wolfgang 

I'd love to see Warley have some unique recipes that only he can make and for Walani to either be able to ride bigger waves always, or be able to make special surfboards that can, like I mentioned before. Wilbur, on the other hand... I don't even. Not a huge fan of him honestly, but he's interesting I guess, and he was clearly something the forums desired.

1 hour ago, SirBuizelton said:

Wilbur, on the other hand... I don't even. Not a huge fan of him honestly, but he's interesting I guess, and he was clearly something the forums desired.

I think when they said they were gonna add 4 "new" characters they should've specified. 

8 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Warly already has this debuff, funny enough.

Well sort of. Cooked food over a fire still give 100% values, raw food still gives 80%, and dried foods still give 90%. If he's gonna get 120% bonuses from crockpot food AND have a portable crock pot, he should only get like 30 to 50% values from non-crockpot food.

On 7 febbraio 2016 at 11:58 PM, GiddyGuy said:

...That's a joke right? In Shipwrecked he has a spider egg from the start, can grow his own silk which is hard to find in Shipwrecked and seeing as to how there is no winter it's pretty good to grow it and cut it immediately, there are so many snakes it makes it super easy to not die from starving not that starving was ever a problem in the first place, and if you're gonna talk about his 100 sanity pirate hat is pretty easy to make and easy to find laying around, also don't forget about his increased stats which make him ridiculously easy to stay alive, I think they should at least nerf his health to 150.

God no are you sawing you want Webber to be nerfed?? Wx should be the one to be nerfed, Wigfrid too, but Webber? He is good as he is. And in sw silk is not that useful either.

10 hours ago, ThaumicParrot said:

Well sort of. Cooked food over a fire still give 100% values, raw food still gives 80%, and dried foods still give 90%. If he's gonna get 120% bonuses from crockpot food AND have a portable crock pot, he should only get like 30 to 50% values from non-crockpot food.

Don't forget his 1.33 hunger multiplier. 

Maybe they could add in a Fishman that could swim and breath underwater and fish wouldn't run away from him 

Now I know what your thinking   he's way too OP!! 

I thought of that to so I tried to make up some weaknesses to balance it out   well this is what I thought of

He would lose sanity from killing and eating fish and if he stays on land to long he will dry out and start to die  

Archived