Some ideas for Wilbur

So, i was hoping for Wilbur for a really long time. When he was finally added, i was very happy, however i feel like he needs more advantages and disadvantages.
So, here are some of them: (I do not mean that ALL of  them must be added because that would probably result into an Imbalanced character. Also would be happy if you wrote some of your suggestions here, especially disadvantages. Feel free to inform me about your opinions on my suggestions)
Advantages:
- He has can craft 3 new items: Lesser regal staff, Royal regal staff(or greater regal staff) and Emperor's regal staff(or nightmare regal staff). All this items are used to befriend monkeys(instead of bananas, which would be used to heal monkeys) and are equipped in hand slot. They all have durability and different abilities and are all in survival tab(lesser-science machine, royal-alchemy engine and emperors-shadow manipulator). The lesser regal staff has 50 uses(1 use per 1 befriend)and can only be used to hire/disband monkeys and only 1 default behavior mode(when you click on the mob they will attack him). Also having the limit of 5 monkeys at a time. Crafted from 1 spear, 1 gold, 3 boards and 3 bananas. Wilbur also has one from the start. The royal regal staff has 200 uses and can be used to hire/disband monkeys and have 3 behavior modes: default, follow(they do not attack anyone even when you click on the mob, and only fight back when attacked. And defend(monkeys run around you and makes sure no one attacks you by attacking enemies nearby automatically. Limit of 10 monkeys at a time. Crafted from 1 fire/ice staff, 1 lesser regal staff and one silly monkey ball. The emperors regal staff has 1000 uses and can be used for everything above + 2 more behavior modes: scout(monkeys pick up resources near you and bring them to you). And raid(monkeys become aggressive to all mobs near them(except other monkeys or friendly creatures(chester, gloomer) and if they kill them, they bring all their loot to you. Limit of 40 monkeys at a time. Also, emperors staff gives you the ability to carry 5-30 monkeys on your boat(depending on the boat). Crafted from 1 obsidian spear, 1 walking cane, 2 nightmare fuel and 1 royal regal staff.
- Can attack enemies while running with item in tail, although it deals only 60 percent of damage.
- Can pick up things faster(grass berry bushes, twigs etc.)
- Eating vegetable dishes have 30% to spawn manure while consumed and meat dishes have 50%.
- 3 Different movement modes(Running, default and walking). When his hunger is >120 and sanity >100 he is in running mode(automatically runs when moving with no delay) however, in that mode he has 50% faster sanity drain than Wilson. When his hunger is >50 and <120 and his sanity is > 60 and < 100 he is in default mode(like he is right now) and the hunger drain is also same as his current. When he is lower that that by any of 2 parameters he is in walking mode( he walks at the speed like any other characters without running) and has Wilson's default hunger drain.
- While standing near monkeys Wilbur has the same sanity aura like other characters(except Webber) have near pigs. 
- Can throw rocks and manure.
- Can craft a Bananarang - a boomerang that Wilbur can craft with 1 boomerang, 1 monkey silly ball and 4 bananas. I has 37 damage and 20 durability, however deals more damage if not caught by Wilbur.
- Can craft a Monkey bag with 1 backpack, 1 piggyback, 1 krampus sack and 10 bananas. It has 18 additional slots and sanity aura of 2.0/per minute while worn.
- Has 5% less chance to get 3 skulls in slot machine.

Neutral
- His crown is an item which can be equipped and unequipped in head slot. Wilbur stars with it in his inventory. Crown is required to be worn if you want monkeys to be friendly to you unless you used regal staff on them. It has sanity aura of 0.2 while worn and no durability. While standing near monkeys and wearing the crown it has sanity aura of 1.5 + the sanity aura of monkeys.
- Sometimes can say some words but with bad grammar like pigs do.

Disadvantages:
- While pigs do not auto-attack Wilbur, they will not befriend him no mater how many meat he gives them. Also, Wilbur has no sanity aura near pigs.
- Wilbur can eat meat/fish dishes, however only gets 60% of their stats.
- If Wilbur haven't been near monkeys for 6 days or more, he get an sanity aura of -5.0/per minute.
- Can't attack monkeys.
- When he gets 3 skulls in slot machine automatically looses 40 sanity. 
P.S. Would really like to see some ideas about disadvantages.

Well, thank you for reading and hope you liked at least one of my ideas. As always thanks to Klei for making such an awesome game! 

58 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Spacing, please.

I like the idea of him befriending apes with a staff though. 

Spacing is the problem that lurks me everywhere even in real life so sorry for that :D. Also, i can't edit the thread for some reason. Is this because of the new forum update? 

5 minutes ago, Centurion256 said:

Spacing is the problem that lurks me everywhere even in real life so sorry for that :D. Also, i can't edit the thread for some reason. Is this because of the new forum update? 

It's because you don't have enought posts iirc you need to have at least a few post made before you'r able to edit posts.

wilbur should be webber type character but monkeys should act as his house wifes, while webbe they act more battle army.

Monkeys can be used to fight too but they must not be as efficient as webber ( as they already are even to fight against each other).

monkey could pick stuff and hide it in their apes house, then wilbur should have abillity to acess their house and collect the loot(this could work as a less efficient chest).

you could like domesticate one(in a special way) that you could teach him to pick stuff on crops and put it in chests you have nearby the crops.

This way wilbur could be like also a good cave character since monkeys could be use to pick up many rocks and keep them so you collect.

It's a unique abillity in my opinion, and totally diferent approach of what webber is and yet they can work as same type.

Archived