Need help with mod problem

11 hours ago, YemyFUhai said:

the mod I had created for a character, it seems to freeze immediately once enabling it and it wont allow me to click anything on-screen

Can you upload the log.txt? you can find it in 

Documents/Klei/Do not Starve Together 

also does the screen flashes and says anything?

6 hours ago, YemyFUhai said:

It doesnt flash, but once trying different options it now just crashes altogether once trying to enable the mod

log.txt

"Error loading mod!
error loading module 'speech_rodrich' from file '..\mods\character mod\scripts\speech_rodrich.lua':
    ..\mods\character mod\scripts\speech_rodrich.lua:96: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 91) near 'SPIDER_WARRIOR'"

is Rodrich your character, aka, the one you are trying to mod? if yes, it says it has a problem at the speech lua, you might have forgotten or removed something in there at line 96

"scripts/mods.lua(44,1) error calling LoadPrefabFile in mod character mod (Rodrich the Crazed King): 
...ps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua:73: Error loading file prefabs/rodrich
...ommon/dont_starve/data/../mods/character mod/scripts/prefabs/rodrich.lua:41: unexpected symbol near 'local'"

also seems to say you might have some problem in the character prefab, there is something wrong at line 41

I fixed both it seems but it still crashed and when looking at the log.txt this seemed to draw my attention: Could not find an asset matching bigportraits/rodrich.xml in any of the search paths. 

Im not entirely sure if that the issue or not thats left because everything else loaded properly from what i could see

log.txt

6 hours ago, YemyFUhai said:

I fixed both it seems but it still crashed and when looking at the log.txt this seemed to draw my attention: Could not find an asset matching bigportraits/rodrich.xml in any of the search paths. 

Im not entirely sure if that the issue or not thats left because everything else loaded properly from what i could see

log.txt

Go to the bigportraits, see if your portrait compiled to xml. Also make sure it is named right, if yes, go to the modmain and see if the bigportrait is listed on the assets area.

47 minutes ago, YemyFUhai said:

Okay I fixed all the errors but now it seems the issue is: SteamWorkshop::OnError: DownloadPublishedFile attempted to download non-existent mod.

This is inquiring that I have to publish my mod before I can even use it?

log.txt

Hello ,

i think you should unsubscribe to your own workshop item (first backup your mod) , then try to play with the mod.

and crashes to the character mods can be done because of an broken LUA or scripts , or with images.

47 minutes ago, YemyFUhai said:

Okay I fixed all the errors but now it seems the issue is: SteamWorkshop::OnError: DownloadPublishedFile attempted to download non-existent mod.

This is inquiring that I have to publish my mod before I can even use it?

log.txt

You don't need to publish the mod to test it yourself. You'd need to publish if you wanted other people to use it. Looking into your log, it seems it's been indeed loaded.

If I'm not mistaken, that error message means that you are subscribed to a mod that is no longer available (it was either removed or made private).

I made it public again but I don't believe i was following the DST guide since i had followed the extended sample character template to a T so im not entirely sure why it says its a nonexistent mod still

(I added you on steam to make communication easier, i apologize if im an inconvenience i just really want this mod to work, i'd like at least one accomplishment in my life)

Edited by YemyFUhai

bigportraits/rodrich.xml and images/saveslot_portraits/rod.xml are not actually xml files, but contain what seem to be png content.

I'd suggest remove all tex and xml files (back them up first, just in case) and let autocompiler create new files from source png files.