Custom Character crash

YemyFUhai

I had recently finished creating my character for Don't starve, but it seems once I enable the mod, the game will freeze and not allow to me to move any further from the start screen, I've run through the tex files and readded them with the corresponding PNG files, and everything is name properly, and the character appears to be fine in spriters. Im not sure what to do at this point

• Developer

Hey there @YemyFUhai, welcome to the forums!

Could you please upload your log.txt here? It'll have all information about your error, and will allow people to help you more with that :)

You can find your log.txt at:

Spoiler

PC: Go to your documents folder at Documents\klei\donotstarve\log.txt 

Mac: Go to your documents folder at ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve/log.txt

Linux: Go to your Klei folder at ~/.klei/DoNotStarve/log.txt

@YemyFUhai

error loading module 'speech_rodrich' from file '..\mods\character mod\scripts\speech_rodrich.lua':
    ..\mods\character mod\scripts\speech_rodrich.lua:96: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 91) near 'SPIDER_WARRIOR'

Check the syntax (i.e. the symbols) around that line. You probably missed a comma.

• Developer
49 minutes ago, YemyFUhai said:

ah I see, I did leave a comma out on one of the lines, was that the only issue?

Well, when the game crashes, it's usually (if not always) only for 1 reason, even if there are more things that can crash it, since it crashed before these other crashes could happen...

You'll just have to test your mod out again, and report back here if it still doesn't work.

Okay so looking at it, it says: Could not find an asset matching bigportraits/rodrich.xml in any of the search paths.

Im assuming thats the last error, but Im not entirely sure how to fix this? Would I have to recreate the tex and XML file or? Here's the log tex of it

log.txt

Archived